Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

KEA's not been consistently bad though he has been inconsistent...there's a difference.

He's scored three very good goals too and his performance against Yaya Toure earlier in the season showed that he can on his day be very good.

It's ok to say certain things about a player such as KEA if they are relevant such as for example his stamina throughout a game as this seems an accurate point to make but don't talk as though it is a fact he's consistently bad because that is just incorrect.

• Like 2

KEA's not been consistently bad though he has been inconsistent...there's a difference.

He's scored three very good goals too and his performance against Yaya Toure earlier in the season showed that he can on his day be very good.

It's ok to say certain things about a player such as KEA if they are relevant such as for example his stamina throughout a game as this seems an accurate point to make but don't talk as though it is a fact he's consistently bad because that is just incorrect.

So its a fact your opinion is right and mine isn't?

I think he's been consistently poor and not good enough. He has the odd moment when he's been decent but should still be replaced this summer.

• Like 1

I'd say overall since he arrived he has been poor. However that isn't to say he hasn't had some good games for us.

In most games we need to play 3 in midfield if we are to compete. KEA would most definitely be one of those three. That though says more about the poor quality of the other players in the squad than KEA. If one of Delph, Westwood or KEA are out Sylla is next in line and he is way out of his depth.

Midfield is the weakest part of our squad and has been for some time.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

He's scored three very good goals too and his performance against Yaya Toure earlier in the season showed that he can on his day be very good.

So its a fact your opinion is right and mine isn't?

I think he's been consistently poor and not good enough. He has the odd moment when he's been decent but should still be replaced this summer.

Yes I think so because I would say KEA has played well in at least half of the matches he has featured in so therefore he is not consistently bad.

He won't be replaced, but he'll get better.

• Like 1

I'd say overall since he arrived he has been poor. However that isn't to say he hasn't had some good games for us.

In most games we need to play 3 in midfield if we are to compete. KEA would most definitely be one of those three. That though says more about the poor quality of the other players in the squad than KEA. If one of Delph, Westwood or KEA are out Sylla is next in line and he is way out of his depth.

Midfield is the weakest part of our squad and has been for some time.

Why 3? Why not 4 or 5?

The reason our midfield is poor is because:

- we only have 3 midfielders,

- they are remarkably similar in their roles and abilities, and

- they are constantly outnumbered.

• Like 1

I think since we have had a full strength team available he has looked much better

He at least attempts to get forward and support the strikers and he is excellent at tracking back and harassing the opposition

He doesn't fade and go missing like he used to

But his performances have been very inconsistent and mostly average, but he has shown he can still be a real asset

I think off the ball he's probably our best player, on the ball he's probably our worst.

Tonev. Sylla. Bowery. Herd. Baker.

Not even close.

I agree with that without the ball he's very good. He's generally one of the more advanced of our midfielders when we press the ball, and he has a very high tackle count (according to Squawka he's the 8th highest in the entire league : http://www.squawka.com/football-stats/english-barclays-premier-league-season-2013-2014).

He's been consistently doing this all season which makes me wonder where some of the vitriol aimed at him has come from to be honest. I agree that he did have a patchy first season and he's not the most creative player, but like Agbonlahor said just recently, he does a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed and he has chipped in with a couple of important goals as well.

I think if we want to progress further up the table then we still need to get more quality in midfield (beyond Delph, Westwood and him we really don't have anyone else up to standard), however I still think there's room for him as part of our squad next season and beyond. I expect him to get offered a contract extension at the end of this season. 

I think off the ball he's probably our best player, on the ball he's probably our worst.

Tonev. Sylla. Bowery. Herd. Baker.

Not even close.

Ok that might have been a slight over exaggeration, but Tonev, Sylla and Bowery are nowhere near the team anyway.

To be fair, we're not really blessed with many good footballers. Even the likes of Delph, Gabby and Weimann don't possess much on the ball ability.

• Like 1

To be fair, we're not really blessed with many good footballers. Even the likes of Delph, Gabby and Weimann don't possess much on the ball ability.

Delph goal against West Brom says different.

Not really. You don't have to be a good footballer to score a few good long strikes. Brett Holman springs to mind.

Delph goal against West Brom says different.

Not really. You don't have to be a good footballer to score a few good long strikes. Brett Holman springs to mind.

Watch the goal again, you stated he doesn't possess much on the ball ability. That goal wouldn't have happened without having the ability with the ball.

Watch the goal again, you stated he doesn't possess much on the ball ability. That goal wouldn't have happened without having the ability with the ball.

Oh you mean the touch to set it up? Yeah it was good, don't get me wrong but I judge footballing ability on a bit more than one isolated incident myself. I like Delph and think he is our best midfielder but his game is centred around his energy, engine, industry, tenaciousness etc. and that is what he gets the plaudits for. In other words, his game is based on his off the ball contribution rather than his on the ball contribution.

Oh you mean the touch to set it up? Yeah it was good, don't get me wrong but I judge footballing ability on a bit more than one isolated incident myself. I like Delph and think he is our best midfielder but his game is centred around his energy, engine, industry, tenaciousness etc. and that is what he gets the plaudits for. In other words, his game is based on his off the ball contribution rather than his on the ball contribution.

One isolated incident? You are trying to make out he is not good with the ball, do you actually know what you are talking about at times. He has great feet and has showed it numerous times this season. The way your making out is that he could never actually control a football.

It's funny how we all see things so differently.  I'd argue it's exactly the other way round.

Â