Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

His role in breaking up play so far up the pitch is pretty important considering we do not have a battling DM to do that job, if he could only add some creativity to his play then we would have a well rounded midfielder.  For the system we play, i think KEA is showing signs of progress.

Our players need some training ground drills on how to cross a ball, beggars belief how poor our crosses are sometimes, these are premiership footballers for god sake

Really? They were one of the worst teams I've seen at villa park this season. Not taking anything away from our victory because I'm sure the way we played helped add to that but I thought they were really poor.

KEA is not responsible for the quality or form of the opposition.

He had a good game. Try and give credit where it is due for a change.

KEA did well against a piss poor Norwich side, let's not go crazy.

Norwich are not 'piss poor'
Really? They were one of the worst teams I've seen at villa park this season. Not taking anything away from our victory because I'm sure the way we played helped add to that but I thought they were really poor.

Or maybe, maybe, villa made them look poor? They beat spurs last week

KEA is not responsible for the quality or form of the opposition.

He had a good game. Try and give credit where it is due for a change.

I did but i'm not getting carried away. If Holt had come on and scored I'd have given him credit but would also take into account the game.

KEA did well against a piss poor Norwich side, let's not go crazy.

Norwich are not 'piss poor'
Or maybe, maybe, villa made them look poor? They beat spurs last week

Yes and how have they done the rest of the season?

He's a relenltless presser and he has decent touch on the ball but he doesn't always make great decisions. Last season he was constantly getting caught ahead of the play and leaving us exposed, he's been much better positionally this year.

Good squad player but if I'm honest I see more in Delph and Westwood overall.

Without looking up stats (feel free to correct me), compared to Delph and Westwood, KEA has:

- More goals - Nope

- More assists - Nope

- More tackles - Nope (although does have more per game)

- More "Key passes" - Nope

- Less minutes - correct

Yep. Definitely more in Delph and Westwood. :huh:

Ok. Corrections in bold

Alrighty. Make me look them up, then. Here you go:

- More goals than Westwood. Same goals as Delph. - So not more than Delph AND Westwood, like you said.

- Same assists as Delph, 1 less than Westwood -  So not more than Delph AND Westwood, like you said.

- More tackles per game time. - That's what I said

- Less minutes -  see above

Again: Delph and Westwood are obvious standouts in comparison.....

... NOT.

Thank you for clarifying your earlier erroneous statements.

I rate KEA. I think he's a decent player (although I wouldn't have him ahead of Delph or Westwood FWIW). But I think the stick KEA has gotten is unjust. Good player.

But you did ask us to correct you if you were wrong. I was just doing what you asked.

Norwich certainly showed they can move the football around especially up until Benteke equalised - we could've been 2-0 down by then too. Yes, Norwich then imploded much to my relief but they're not piss-poor. Like us, they're inconsistant, capable of winning difficult matches and then screwing up games they should get something out of.

As for KEA - his break up and pressing play is just what we need in certain games. Yesterday he was a definate factor in us winning.

He's a relenltless presser and he has decent touch on the ball but he doesn't always make great decisions. Last season he was constantly getting caught ahead of the play and leaving us exposed, he's been much better positionally this year.

Without looking up stats (feel free to correct me), compared to Delph and Westwood, KEA has:

- More goals - Nope

- More assists - Nope

- More tackles - Nope (although does have more per game)

- More "Key passes" - Nope

- Less minutes - correct

Ok. Corrections in bold

- More goals than Westwood. Same goals as Delph. - So not more than Delph AND Westwood, like you said.

- Same assists as Delph, 1 less than Westwood - So not more than Delph AND Westwood, like you said.

- Less minutes - see above

... NOT.

I rate KEA. I think he's a decent player (although I wouldn't have him ahead of Delph or Westwood FWIW). But I think the stick KEA has gotten is unjust. Good player.

But you did ask us to correct you if you were wrong. I was just doing what you asked.

Where you "lose" me there is you say KEA is a good player, yet you prefer Westwood and Delph. So why are we so consistently overran in midfield? Why do we struggle to retain and win back possession so often in that area of the park?

I think I already know the answer, or at least have an opinion on that because like you I think all three are decent enough for this level. I'm interested in your take.

- More goals - Nope

- More assists - Nope

- More tackles - Nope (although does have more per game)

- More "Key passes" - Nope

- Less minutes - correct

Ok. Corrections in bold

- More goals than Westwood. Same goals as Delph. - So not more than Delph AND Westwood, like you said.

- Same assists as Delph, 1 less than Westwood - So not more than Delph AND Westwood, like you said.

- Less minutes - see above

... NOT.

Where you "lose" me there is you say KEA is a good player, yet you prefer Westwood and Delph. So why are we so consistently overran in midfield? Why do we struggle to retain and win back possession so often in that area of the park?

I think I already know the answer, or at least have an opinion on that because like you I think all three are decent enough for this level. I'm interested in your take.

Mainly because I think they all play the same position.

Simple as that really. They're all decent but you can't play 3 water carriers in the same midfield. Doesn't really matter how good they are.

• Like 2

I've probably been his biggest critic all season, but he was my MOTM on Sunday. First to every ball, playing well in a more advanced position (PL's new 'number 10' ) and cleaning up if Westwood wasn't able to. 

I would still prefer Westy and Delph alongside another new signing in the Summer, but if he preforms like he did on Sunday in the last 10 games of the season we might not have to.

Edited by Avflife

He didn't play too badly against a poor Norwich team. But looking at his performances overall in his time at the club, he's a pretty poor player. We need to replace him with much better if we are ever to break out of this depressing cycle of relegation fights.

Yeah the same poor Norwich team who have a player we desperately wanted to sign! Irony is lost on some I think; they're a decent team and there are worse teams in the PL...well five of them according to the PL table.

I love this now its a poor Norwich side, the same Norwich side who defeated a Spurs side, would have been brimming with confidence.

One result doesn't make them a great team and the performances of KEA are usually not good enough.

I love this now its a poor Norwich side, the same Norwich side who defeated a Spurs side, would have been brimming with confidence.

One result doesn't make them a great team and the performances of KEA are usually not good enough.

I didn't say they were a great team either, I wish you'd actually read what people write before responding. But i'll have to explain it at a lower granular level for you, we beat a side comfortably and its the opposition are poor, but the same poor team beat Spurs. How about giving our side some credit, but hey that might be too difficult.

Said it before but I think our three main cms would look a lot better beside a really good so round midfielder. Our problem is that we need someone on there with any 2 of them to be able to control the game. Add that and I think any combination of the other two would look very good

We do have a homogeneous midfield which KEA is certainly a part of but he has improved this season and I no longer groan when I see his name on the team sheet. We actually look more solid with him in the team than out of it but he might still need to do more to convince everyone that he should be an automatic choice.

I didn't say they were a great team either, I wish you'd actually read what people write before responding. But i'll have to explain it at a lower granular level for you, we beat a side comfortably and its the opposition are poor, but the same poor team beat Spurs. How about giving our side some credit, but hey that might be too difficult.

Maybe you should take your own advice. I gave him credit but I'm not going to get carried away when he's consistently performed poorly and then puts in a decent performance against a poor team.

• Like 1

Â