Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

He also maintained his presence in the game throughout which was good to see. He usually burns out by H/T.

This. One of my issues with him is that he'll have a storming first half then completely fade. But he was great for 90 today. Keep it up.

He's in a midfield that is constantly outnumbered. Wiemann and Agbonlahor rarely drop back to help defensively since Lambert has them higher up the pitch for the counter-attack.

That being the case, it's not unusual for him to peter out before full-time - something that also used to plague Petrov.

For me this dude has came on leaps and bounds since the player I have seen of last season.

I used to dread seeing this guy's name on the team sheet or when he came on as a sub last season, but this season he has learned and adapted better and has been a slightly key role in our improvement this season. He is becoming what you would call a midfield whippet pest of a player for which oppositions find it hard to cope with.

The improvement is there and I hope he keeps improving.

Thought KEA looked superb yesterday. Often struggles to impose himself on a more physical midfield but against the Norwich's of this world he's fantastic. Keeps it really simple but effective. Just win the ball and pass, win/pass, win/pass if he can keep that up he'll retain his starting birth. 

So he plays 30mins in the Everton game and not at all in the West Ham loss and Cardiff draw and before this game I see muppets on Facebook saying we are so shit and we need to drop shit players like KEA. Some football fans are idiots.  

KEA has played +70mins in 7 of the 8 games we've won this season.

• Like 1

He's a relenltless presser and he has decent touch on the ball but he doesn't always make great decisions. Last season he was constantly getting caught ahead of the play and leaving us exposed, he's been much better positionally this year.

Good squad player but if I'm honest I see more in Delph and Westwood overall.

He's a relenltless presser and he has decent touch on the ball but he doesn't always make great decisions. Last season he was constantly getting caught ahead of the play and leaving us exposed, he's been much better positionally this year.

Without looking up stats (feel free to correct me), compared to Delph and Westwood, KEA has:

- More goals

- More assists

- More tackles

- More "Key passes"

- Less minutes

Yep. Definitely more in Delph and Westwood. :huh:

Without looking up stats (feel free to correct me), compared to Delph and Westwood, KEA has:

- More goals - Nope

- More assists - Nope

- More tackles - Nope (although does have more per game)

- More "Key passes" - Nope

- Less minutes - correct

Ok. Corrections in bold

Edited by Stevo985

Best part of his game yesterday for me was his break up play, just kept on taking them out of their stride allowing us to set up again. Good stuff, i havent always been his biggest fan even this season but he was great yesterday.

- More goals - Nope

- More assists - Nope

- More tackles - Nope (although does have more per game)

- More "Key passes" - Nope

- Less minutes - correct

Ok. Corrections in bold

Alrighty. Make me look them up, then. Here you go:

- More goals than Westwood. Same goals as Delph.

- Same assists as Delph, 1 less than Westwood

- More tackles per game time.

- Less minutes

Again: Delph and Westwood are obvious standouts in comparison.....

... NOT.

KEA did well against a piss poor Norwich side, let's not go crazy.

Norwich are not 'piss poor'

Really? They were one of the worst teams I've seen at villa park this season. Not taking anything away from our victory because I'm sure the way we played helped add to that but I thought they were really poor.

Â