Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Regardless of the goal, giving him a new deal would be staggering incompetence.

Couldn't agree. Hee changed the game today so i don'twant to bash the bloke to much, but he has given this club absolutely nothing for the last 2/3 yrs. 

If at the end of next season Gabby has earned another contract great. But like you, i think giving him one now would be incompetent.

He energised the team today, gave the fans a lift and was written in the stars he would score. 

Still got a lot of making up to do! 

47 minutes ago, av1 said:

If he can replicate today on a regular basis, I'd say only Green is ahead of him for the wide left birth. He has to be ahead of Bacuna, Amavi, and Grealish at this point. 

To be fair I understand that I am now ahead of Grealish at the moment. 

• Like 1

I agree and i dont know you ;)

Its a damming indictment of Grealish though isnt it? I'm still not to sure if what Gabby did today says more about him or the rest of the team. 

Mr Aston Villa reclaims his title ;)

in fairness that is 3 game winners vs them and one in the 5-1. He also cleared off the line and went down the other end and scored plus won a penalty that Milner converted vs them

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think what Bruce said about Gabby is being taken slightly our of context. He said that for the first time ever Gabby would be in the last year of a contract next year playing to earn a new one. No suggestion he would be getting one before then.

Given that our aim next season is promotion I'd imagine he would have to have a hell of a season to earn a new deal if we are a Prem team going into 2018/19 given he would be almost 32 by then. I have my doubts he will but I hope he does as it could only be a good thing for the club to have him firing and producing more of what he did today.

That's exactly how I interpreted it Mark.

• Like 1

I loathe everything about the Gaby saga of the recent years.

So with my "Hang-draw-&-quarter him" hat on.

The best Gaby can do for AVFC is to be fit enough to burn every Championship defence from the bench for the last 30 mins. The occasional start as cover for injured/suspended 1st choice strikers.

Nothing more.

And that for his last year at the club, then retire or go to Walsall.

After next season we shouldnt be in this shit league and he is not good enough for the PL now, next season and even moreso the season after next.

If he had half a braincell, he'd announce his retirement tonight, Binge-out on Kebabs, beer & shisha, and give a slapper the night of her life with an almighty pounding.

• Like 1

Just now, Supervillan78 said:

It's up to Gabby to prove his worth in the summer. We'll still need to bring in another striker regardless IMO.

It's a bit of a win win for us in a way.

if Bruce can get gabby motivated in his last year of his contract he may chip in with odd valuable goal or 2. We know he can be dangerous and an asset (regardless of his unprofessional antics last season)

if we get promoted, there's no chance we'll keep him as he'll be too old and not good enough so he will leave.

if we remain in the championship again, we'll either let him go for free as his wages are too high or he'd have to take a serious wage cut to stick around.

all in all win win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

It's a bit of a win win for us in a way.

if Bruce can get gabby motivated in his last year of his contract he may chip in with odd valuable goal or 2. We know he can be dangerous and an asset (regardless of his unprofessional antics last season)

if we get promoted, there's no chance we'll keep him as he'll be too old and not good enough so he will leave.

if we remain in the championship again, we'll either let him go for free as his wages are too high or he'd have to take a serious wage cut to stick around.

all in all win win. 

Totally agree. Could be his last chance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I loathe everything about the Gaby saga of the recent years.

So with my "Hang-draw-&-quarter him" hat on.

The best Gaby can do for AVFC is to be fit enough to burn every Championship defence from the bench for the last 30 mins. The occasional start as cover for injured/suspended 1st choice strikers.

Nothing more.

And that for his last year at the club, then retire or go to Walsall.

After next season we shouldnt be in this shit league and he is not good enough for the PL now, next season and even moreso the season after next.

If he had half a braincell, he'd announce his retirement tonight, Binge-out on Kebabs, beer & shisha, and give a slapper the night of her life with an almighty pounding.

Thats probably the closest thing to a positive comment he would ever get from you. Haha

• Like 2

He has done a lot wrong in the last few years. He has let the club and himself down. However he is finally trying to sort this out and it was almost written for him to get the goal today. If he can contribute next season getting 5-10 goals and acting like as a senior player should do then he will go a long way getting back into my good books for me.  3 goals in 2 seasons is not enough.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mr Aston Villa reclaims his title ;)

in fairness that is 3 game winners vs them and one in the 5-1. He also cleared off the line and went down the other end and scored plus won a penalty that Milner converted vs them

The man loves a derby, makes me think it really is all about motivation for him which makes his lack of it for the rest of the season hard to bear

• Like 1

Â