Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Fired up the crowd. Stopped Shotton having an easy ride (we'd previously made him look like maldini). And then to top it off scored that goal!! You've been a lot what is wrong with this club the last few years, but credit where it's due today. Just what the good doctor ordered.

• Like 1

New Deal?

This will please a few. 

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce says Gabby Agbonlahor's timely derby winner against Birmingham City may help earn the striker a surprise new deal.

The 30-year-old scored his first goal for 14 months in Sunday's 1-0 victory.

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

That can't be a serious question? Fair play for today but the guy has been a joke for years. 

The club wouldn't have given him a new 4 year contract if they didn't think he was worthy of it edit- just seen post above

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

9 minutes ago, NeilS said:

New Deal?

This will please a few. 

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce says Gabby Agbonlahor's timely derby winner against Birmingham City may help earn the striker a surprise new deal.

The 30-year-old scored his first goal for 14 months in Sunday's 1-0 victory.

He still has another year to go. Let us see if he can earn it for once.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He still has another year to go. Let us see if he can earn it for once.

Yes, One Swallow does not a Summer make, or whatever the saying is?

I am happy for him to score today, but he has a lot to do to make up for last season and earn a new deal in my opinion. Even then, it would be a year contract at most.

I've got absolutely no idea how you can spend £100m over a couple of windows and then need Gabby to get you out the shit against a crap blues side. 

Credit where its due however. Completely changed the game today, not through quality but endeavour. 

Gabby was the hardest working player on the pitch today. I'm not of that says more about Gabby, Bruce, or the rest of the squad. 

6 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Worked incredibly hard on and off the ball. Not enough of this from him, but more of that and he deserves a place in the squad. 

If he can replicate today on a regular basis, I'd say only Green is ahead of him for the wide left birth. He has to be ahead of Bacuna, Amavi, and Grealish at this point. 

Regardless of the goal, giving him a new deal would be staggering incompetence.

What's wrong with letting the year he's got left run and making him EARN a new deal next season. Actually scoring 10 goals next season as back up to Kodjia and Hogan.

Clubs will hardly be queuing up to sign him and in any case he didn't want to move to Reading when they came in August so it works both ways.

TBF if he can stay fit he can be a decent option at this level. I thought he was o.k in some of the January games he played.

Just giving a new 3 year deal or whatever because he scored v SHA is pretty stupid.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, momo said:

Does he have a record for scoring in consecutive seasons for Aston Villa?

I don't know if it's consecutive, but he's now scored in twelve different seasons for Villa - he'll have to score in three more for a share of the record.

• Like 1

Â