Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

could someone enlighten me please as to who of our previous managers actually rated gabby and could potentially see him as an asset at their new club?

(this is of course accepting the fact that nobody in their right mind would actually sign a striker that cant score.)

Well for me, it highlights the poor decision making at the club.

Gabby has forged a career and a huge personal fortune out of our demise.

but remember, before we criticise Gabby too much......he doesn't pick himself.

many people are at fault for Gabby's decline.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

We're bound to be able to knock a few quid off that sum given that he's not been able to do his job for us because he's not fit? Offer him £3m and then agree somewhere in the middle.

Why would accept that though? He has a legally binding contract  saying he is owed that money from us. Even someone as dumb as gabby knows not to accept less.

I agree with previous sentiments anyway, pointless paying him off.

48 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why would accept that though? He has a legally binding contract  saying he is owed that money from us. Even someone as dumb as gabby knows not to accept less.

I agree with previous sentiments anyway, pointless paying him off.

Because he would be free to join another club. In theory, if we payed up half his contract, say £3m, he finds someone crazy enough to give him a 3yr contract worth £30k a week, and financially he wins. 

Now that of course depends entirely on his desire to go a play elsewhere, which i suspect isn't great. 

We don't want a player dragging his heels around the place with a hound dog look.....when we are trying to get out of this division with positive players and a bucket load of character planned.

Only RDM will know what we are accepting.....if thats what we do with Gabby.

I don't know the depth of the problem with Gabby or whether its repairable.....but I don't want him scuppering our plans to get out of the division.

On 21 June 2016 at 22:03, TRO said:

Well for me, it highlights the poor decision making at the club.

Gabby has forged a career and a huge personal fortune out of our demise.

but remember, before we criticise Gabby too much......he doesn't pick himself.

many people are at fault for Gabby's decline.

For me the demise of Gabby was very easy to predict- simply based on him never being a very good footballer IMO. I always knew these days would come.

• Like 2

He has posted this picture on instagram. Looks as trim as he did when he was in his early twenties. I think it is best for all concerned if he moves on but if he is to stay then the least he should do is be in shape and it appears he will be starting pre season much trimmer.

13495249_10208688413960598_5184368993525

Gabby Instagram

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

He has posted this picture on instagram. Looks as trim as he did when he was in his early twenties. I think it is best for all concerned if he moves on but if he is to stay then the least he should do is be in shape and it appears he will be starting pre season much trimmer.

Gabby Instagram

I really couldn't care less how much weight he loses- weight has never been an issue for me- the fact he's not very good at playing football IMO is much more of an issue- just get rid and let's move on please!

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Gabby Instagram

Does that picture give a clue that we could be signing Shaun Wright-Phillips next? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I love a good come back story. I'd love gabby to be able to turn it around for one good year to get us back up 

I think you'll be waiting one hell of a long time for this to happen.

44 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I love a good come back story. I'd love gabby to be able to turn it around for one good year to get us back up 

I love a comeback story as much as the next man but his attitude stinks and he can **** right off

• Like 1

Â