Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, villakram said:

Every time I see this thread in the sidebar I get a little giddy thinking we're finally rid. Another disappointing day, thanks! 

Same here. I keep thinking somethings happening but it's just people squabbling. Driving miss Daisy. 

• Like 1

His deterioration in playing ability has not affected me like some fans, because I rated him in a limited fashion before,anyway.in short I was never a fan, but did appreciate the quality of some of his goals.

He was never a rounded enough forward for me.....some exciting goals yes and some timely goals too.....but you could never sort of rely on him regularly to win you a game like Andy Gray could. He has never had the footwork of Sturridge or the positional sense of many others.....never an intelligent play like Henry who could out wit opponents......I am not expecting him to be as talented as those but to just show a glimmer of their talent.....I never shaw it.

I think Gabby did play better under O'Neill but then I wasn't overly convinced with the style that Martin O'Neill produced for us either.....a.bit smash and grab and a style that lent itself to away games in the main, not much domination, just hit and run......IIRC the home games where we was expected to dominate a tad more than away,was a bit hit and miss and considering we acheived 6-6-6 ( which I am grateful for, don't get me wrong) we was unconvincing IMO......liked the results, not the performances.

Gabby thrived in all of that, because it suited his smash and grab game.

Like I say, I understand the folk that do like his game.....but not for me thanks and never has been.

I also understand that some fans love the direct game and at times I do, but not constantly and being the only reliant force. I prefer the more controlled expansive moving the ball game, where ball control is essential, perhaps thats why Gabs does not appeal to me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Surely there's no club in the world stupid enough to buy him? 

I have a fear that RDM might be yet another manager who thinks he can put an arm around him and get the best out of him. Those days are gone, need to get rid. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I have a fear that RDM might be yet another manager who thinks he can put an arm around him and get the best out of him. Those days are gone, need to get rid. 

I too fear you are right.

but I would love to be wrong and he comes good.....RDM though, will have to see it for himself.

Was curious when his contract run out and how much it would cost "worse case scenario" to get rid of him.

According to Wikipedia he signed a new 4 year deal in 2014 which means his contract runs out in 2018 and thus 2 years. 

So 2 years at a purported £60k a week at 2 years is approximately £6,240,000 left to pay on his contract. 

So Tony, that's only approximately 1% of the bank account money you showed the Football League, you know it makes sense... :thumb:

25 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Was curious when his contract run out and how much it would cost "worse case scenario" to get rid of him.

According to Wikipedia he signed a new 4 year deal in 2014 which means his contract runs out in 2018 and thus 2 years. 

So 2 years at a purported £60k a week at 2 years is approximately £6,240,000 left to pay on his contract. 

So Tony, that's only approximately 1% of the bank account money you showed the Football League, you know it makes sense... :thumb:

While I agree with you wholeheartedly from a making a stand and paving the way for a new beginning surely we can find someone to take him on if we pay part wages...... no point throwing away good money remember we are saving up so we can be the best team in the world (we're going to need lors and lots of money $$$$$$)

35 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

We're bound to be able to knock a few quid off that sum given that he's not been able to do his job for us because he's not fit? Offer him £3m and then agree somewhere in the middle.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He was never a rounded enough forward for me....

Apologies in advance, but I have to disagree..... He is quite rounded these days.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

There is always Sunderland

(Not ITK)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

While I agree with you wholeheartedly from a making a stand and paving the way for a new beginning surely we can find someone to take him on if we pay part wages...... no point throwing away good money remember we are saving up so we can be the best team in the world (we're going to need lors and lots of money $$$$$$)

So he can sit on his fat arse.
I would have him doing gym work every day for two years. If he is late, fine him. If he doesn't turn up, fine him. If he is unfit for purpose, fine him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

We're bound to be able to knock a few quid off that sum given that he's not been able to do his job for us because he's not fit? Offer him £3m and then agree somewhere in the middle.

Agree with you both but was thinking if he was to do an N'Zogbia and just do nothing for 2 years rather than take a pay cut elsewhere. Could be a real negative influence in the dressing room and honestly think it could be money well spent.

could someone enlighten me please as to who of our previous managers actually rated gabby and could potentially see him as an asset at their new club?

(this is of course accepting the fact that nobody in their right mind would actually sign a striker that cant score.)

Â