Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

9 hours ago, 8pints said:

The last Villa player to score against Blues.

He not the only player in our squad that has? Gardner is gone on loan dont think any others have. Think only about 5 players played in a derby before last season and only Gabby at Premier League level 

On 2/3/2018 at 01:05, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe give him a testamonial at the end of the season and then cheery bye.

Prob just release a DVD of his derby goals and give him the benefits. Everybody is a winner :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He not the only player in our squad that has? Gardner is gone on loan dont think any others have. Think only about 5 players played in a derby before last season and only Gabby at Premier League level 

Yep, I think you're right.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder if he will retire at the end of the season  as  I can't see a football league club in any division wanting him and he doesn't look like the sort of fella who will be happy to go abroad. 

He won't go abroad having just launched a business here and all his kids etc.

I am sure I once read that he would never play for another club either and if so then he prob will retire come June?

If he is given a new contract in any capacity I feel the manager deserves to be sacked for this move alone.

I'd be interested in the results of a poll as to whether VT'ers think Gabby should be on the bench or not. 

I am firmly in the "get the **** out" camp for him, but, there's a little of me that thinks him being on the bench might make some difference.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I'd be interested in the results of a poll as to whether VT'ers think Gabby should be on the bench or not. 

I am firmly in the "get the **** out" camp for him, but, there's a little of me that thinks him being on the bench might make some difference.

Totally agree, the only bench he should be on, is a f***ing park bench!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He hasn't got much of a future  (if any) here, unless something miraculous happens, but I think if he's capable of 25 mins he should be on the bench. As crazy as this sounds if we need a goal, I'd rather him come on than Davis or Grabban - Gabby has the psychological edge over them and, his presence on the bench is worth it, especially if he comes on, Villa Park will go mad and Blues fans will be disheartened.

Last year he made the difference not jsut the goal - him coming on the pitch made the fdifference for us - the crowd got behind us and Blues dropped off. 

I'm not advocating him starting games - but if he can do a job from the bench we should use him - for the Blues game if no other. 

18 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

yep if fit have him on the bench it is the one game he will give 110% in even if for the last 10 mins.

Does that in itself not slightly nark you? 

I wonder what Ron 110% Saunders would make of this ?

27 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Does that in itself not slightly nark you? 

I wonder what Ron 110% Saunders would make of this ?

He wouldn't have offered him a 5 year contract and kicked him into touch ages ago!

I don't let things bother me too much and since he is being paid by us we might as well use it to our advantage.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Hasn't Jack now taken the mantle of "local boy wants to stuff Blues" ?

SB has enough experience of these games to know how to set us up.

The local player knowing exactly what this derby means angle is the only one you could use to justify playing Gabby but as you say with Jack now a fixture in the team we don't need him for that role.

I wouldn't have him in the 18 on Sunday. He hasn't done enough to warrant a place. I get that he has a knack for scoring in these games and the psychological impact he could have but there are players far more worthy of featuring. I'd have Green on the bench who is also a local lad and will be straining at the leash to get back involved and Grabban who will want to make an impact and be an instant hero.

• Like 2

Â