Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

On 23/12/2017 at 22:01, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not our team performances, results, or table position, but this?

Waiting for the "Worst performance i've ever seen from any football player since the beginning of football itself". lol

Worst performance i've ever seen from any football player since the beginning of football itself".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

The difference being Hogan can and will get better- regardless of whichever club he is at- meanwhile you know who - is a case of what you see is what you get. 

Did you get your Gabby shirt from Santa?

• Like 1

Incidentally Gabby fans, his substitute appearance against Sheffield United brought up his 391st appearance - putting him alone in 13th on the list of our all time appearance  makers - if he appears in the next one he'll tie Eric Houghton for 12th. He's currently on his own in 19th on our all time goalscorers list.

• Like 2

On 07/12/2017 at 07:25, villan-scott said:

He does indeed have a number of properties. I work in the finance industry, and have visited a number of estate agents around Sutton Coldfield and Walmsley, and he is often in there sweeping up BTL properties. 

Blimey, he has a job as a cleaner in his spare time?? :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's our highest Premier League goal scorer, he's also our longest serving current player still at the club and he always scores against Birmingham City, he's a legend in my eyes

I guess you are joking ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's our highest Premier League goal scorer, he's also our longest serving current player still at the club and he always scores against Birmingham City, he's a legend in my eyes

He's far FAR from a legend.

He has however had some good times with this club. The disappointment is it is such a long time since he was anywhere near that and most of what he's produced since has been awful

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He's far FAR from a legend.

He has however had some good times with this club. The disappointment is it is such a long time since he was anywhere near that and most of what he's produced since has been awful

Well I never thought I would agree with you Stevo.

Surely it just goes without saying that he cannot be given a new contract. Even if it was on a pay as you play deal, he adds nothing to the squad, is hardly a good role model for the youth players, and couldn't give any advice on how to be a decent professional. Sooner his wages are off the bill the better. Cheers for the derby day goals, will always remember being at the Sty when he powered home that header against Joe Hart late on, but too little in a career which has been massively poor.

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I see he's an injury doubt again. 

Amongst the myriad of other reasons we should not offer another contract the fact he's almost never fit would be enough by itself. 

To be fair.

This time, I saw the injury happen, and it was replayed several times.

He went up for a challenge and landed horribly.

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I see he's an injury doubt again. 

Amongst the myriad of other reasons we should not offer another contract the fact he's almost never fit would be enough by itself. 

I just dont believe there is any possibility we will offer him a new deal

I will probably wake up tomorrow to find a new 4 year deal penned 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 22:07, OutByEaster? said:

Incidentally Gabby fans, his substitute appearance against Sheffield United brought up his 391st appearance - putting him alone in 13th on the list of our all time appearance  makers - if he appears in the next one he'll tie Eric Houghton for 12th. He's currently on his own in 19th on our all time goalscorers list.

Only because all our top goalscorers of the past, were poached out of the club, so did not achieve anywhere near the same appearances.

its a very deceiving stat.

He has made an absolute fortune out of mediocrity......He is not the idiot, we are.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, he's been fully fit for less than half a dozen matches this season. 

Even we aren't daft enough to offer him a new deal. 

You wanna bet.-_-

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, he's been fully fit for less than half a dozen matches this season. 

Even we aren't daft enough to offer him a new deal. 

I can see us come summer, not promoted and with little funds offering him and Hutton new contracts. With reduced salaries of course.

"They are experienced players who knows the club and bla bla bla."

Hutton will continue to do what he does, and Gabby will make an initial sprint, get injured and settle down into the comfy life of an part time footballer.

Bring on 2018!

Â