Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

On 19/01/2018 at 13:15, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wish we could somehow manipulate the internet to make this fact for a day just to witness the meltdown on here. haha

Steady down here JV  - that's not funny - you are still a bad man. :-))

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was all for him coming back strong at the start of the season, I was impressed with him in short stints under Bruce and I thought there might be a Lazarus style rebirth on the cards. He scored on opening day after what, 7 minutes? The rest is history. 

One last rodeo 9 days from now then stick him in the bin. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If Hutton has not been offered one I think it's fair Gabby not too either.

Maybe give him a testamonial at the end of the season and then cheery bye.

doesnt deserve one imo. He has stolen a living for far too long. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If Hutton has not been offered one I think it's fair Gabby not too either.

Maybe give him a testamonial at the end of the season and then cheery bye.

Neither him or Hutton deserve a new contract. I’d have him on the bench next week but after that only used if we have injuries. GABby has given me far more great moments in his career than Hutton but is seen as a pariah by some. 

3 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Neither him or Hutton deserve a new contract. I’d have him on the bench next week but after that only used if we have injuries. GABby has given me far more great moments in his career than Hutton but is seen as a pariah by some. 

I understand your sentiment, but I guess most strikers will have that affect on fans as opposed to Full Backs......Maybe John Gidman and Kenny Swain were exceptions ( one for the old 'uns)

Its all about the moment.....ones got better ,ones got worse.

Gabby has tailed off in to oblivion......where as Alan Hutton is probably/Arguably playing his best football for us since he got here.

• Like 1

Gabby was at his best when we had Carew,  Milner, Young, Barry, Petrov. As soon as they all started to get sold off he pretty much gave up and became a total bell end

• Like 1

What he has been paid by us for what he's done is ridiculous, but I don't hold that against him, same goes for nearly every footballer.

Still one of my favourite players of all time. I don't look in to that one too much though. Now I'm typing it, I never thought I'd say that about anyone guaranteed to miss a 1v1 with an open net.

He's had his moments though and to me there's a balance there.

I think it a bit harsh not to give a testimonial to someone with over 300 games. His goal record isn't even that horrific.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I understand your sentiment, but I guess most strikers will have that affect on fans as opposed to Full Backs......Maybe John Gidman and Kenny Swain were exceptions ( one for the old 'uns)

Its all about the moment.....ones got better ,ones got worse.

Gabby has tailed off in to oblivion......where as Alan Hutton is probably/Arguably playing his best football for us since he got here.

To be fair mentioning Hutton in the same breath as Gidman or Swain is sacrilege. Most people hate Gabby because of th relegation season and moan about his wages yet Hutton is on a massive wedge and was just as bad when we went down. One performed to a very high standard when we were on top the other he was signed just as we declined rapidly and found his level In the Championship. 

10 hours ago, dn1982 said:

GABby has given me far more great moments in his career than Hutton but is seen as a pariah by some. 

In years to come people will look back and remember him fondly for his goals and good performances rather than the other stuff. You don't remember players for the games they didn't play, that isn't what being a football fan is about.

• Like 2

Â