Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hutton got a new deal. He starts most games, and is in excellent physical condition for his age (I know plenty of people on here don't rate him, but those are just facts). 

Gabby doesn't do either of those things, and is on a huge salary. There's no way we will offer him a new deal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hutton got a new deal. He starts most games, and is in excellent physical condition for his age (I know plenty of people on here don't rate him, but those are just facts). 

Gabby doesn't do either of those things, and is on a huge salary. There's no way we will offer him a new deal. 

Tbf Hutton is also on a huge salary for a rotation RB in the Championship.

Can't imagine more than a handful RB's if even that earns more than him in this league.

And we already have 3 more RB's. Not an area to spend any money what so ever on unless we sell someone first IMO.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Tbf Hutton is also on a huge salary for a rotation RB in the Championship.

Can't imagine more than a handful RB's if even that earns more than him in this league.

And we already have 3 more RB's. Not an area to spend any money what so ever on unless we sell someone first IMO.

Is Hutton on a huge salary? I know he would have been on good wages previously but he signed a new deal last summer and I wouldn't imagine it would have been on huge money. I think based on his performances this season he would be worth another deal. Certainly fitness will not be an issue as @HanoiVillan said as he is one of the fittest and quickest players at the club.

As for Gabby he is done here and has done nothing for a long time to get close to warranting a new deal. I feel despite having made so many appearances and having scored a fair amount of goals, many of them very memorable/important ones, he will look back and think it could have been so much more had he applied himself better.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Is Hutton on a huge salary? I know he would have been on good wages previously but he signed a new deal last summer and I wouldn't imagine it would have been on huge money. I think based on his performances this season he would be worth another deal. Certainly fitness will not be an issue as @HanoiVillan said as he is one of the fittest and quickest players at the club.

As for Gabby he is done here and has done nothing for a long time to get close to warranting a new deal. I feel despite having made so many appearances and having scored a fair amount of goals, many of them very memorable/important ones, he will look back and think it could have been so much more had he applied himself better.

The figures I can find for 2017 is £30.000/week.

That is a lot for a Championship RB, might of course be way of the mark but considering he was on something like £35-40 K before I doubt it's that far off.

If he signed a new contract for say half that and we sold DeLaet and or Bree I'd be fine with it I guess.

But he's part of an awful period of our history and I kinda don't want any reminder of that so I want him to leave.

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think Gabby should be given a new contract imo.

I am sure it was @JAMAICAN-VILLAN that said he had launched a business now too?

I would give him the last 30 minutes vs P'Boro on Saturday in place of Davis or RHM.

As a huge lover of Gabby.

Not even I think he should be given one.

Neither necessary, or warranted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2017 at 16:28, markavfc40 said:

Look Mark, I have never really been a fan as you know.

However, we as a football club should act with dignity and part company in a professional way.

as for Hutton, I would keep him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Look Mark, I have never really been a fan as you know.

However, we as a football club should act with dignity and part company in a professional way.

as for Hutton, I would keep him.

Hutton another story altogether.

Ultimate pro, useful on the left or right.

Also seems a big part of team spirit.

• Like 2

20k a game plus 10k for every goal , as for hutton.....love the effort but for me his ability is poor. His pases are always short , long or missed directed , blocks end up with giving possession away and his positional sense while defending is poor, very poor . Strangely enough his positional sense while attacking is good , just no end product .

3 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Ahh Gabby, yes, I remember Gabby, didn't he used to play for us a few years back? Lightning quick with occasional bursts of skill and for a while he also looked half decent at finding the net. Whatever happened to him?

He became shit and the opposite to what you describe.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I think his career and performances has epitomised how this club has been run over the last 8 years or so......how we have accepted mediocrity.

I have no idea what is in his psychy, but it seems not scoring goals has never really bothered him, just turning up and staying fit seemed to be the extent of his ambition.

I blame the club for how Gabby has turned out, for allowing it.....However there are plenty of self starters that have graced our turf and in some cases come from hundreds of miles away, not Erdington.

I will remember Gabby as a free loader in the main and his odd valuable goals will be stuffed in the corner of my memory.

However, the club should stay dignified, accept the part it has played in his unfulfilled career, shake hands and wish each other well and walk away.

lets hope lessons can be learned and only committed players should be encouraged with long term contracts......and move on.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, meregreen said:

If we keep Hutton then we will have lost our minds. He is just a player who gives 100%......but is not good enough.

I would have probably agreed with you at the end of lat season, or earlier this season.

However I have seen him put in a couple of performances on the Left which are better than some of the actual Left Backs at the club.

ALSO, as I stated, he is quite dependable, a 6 - 7 rating almost every week, and seems to be a big part of the spirit we have.

Attitudes rub off.

Unless we have spare money for that position, or a guaranteed improvement we could do worse than giving him a  year deal.

• Like 1

Â