Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

FWIW I am sure I said all this last season... but in one of the most dull games going, one of the flattest atmospheres in recent derby memory....as people in the stadium were nodding off and as sleptwalked to a 0-0 draw Gabby starting warming up. The Blues fans perked up, the Villa fans got animated, the noise increased, the atmosphere changed. Gabby came on, immediately the energy and attitude of the team changed, Gabby clattered into one, maybe two Blues players. The noise increased further, you could feel the momentum shift.

Is Gabby finished? Yes Is it harsh on the other professionals within the squad? Yes.

...but God Damn if he doesn't have an impact in these games.

Wheel him out for this one, then bin him off for good.

Is that really ok with you though ? Look I am willing to admit that as pro's get older they clearly cannot keep going to the well continually- but equally are we saying to Gabby run around for 15-20 against Blues and don't worry about the rest of the matches 

37 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I take it you never saw the games last season? Away he terrified them and they sat back and we got the draw. At home he invigorated the crowd and got the winner. You can’t underestimate what Gabby brings psychologically to this game. This will be his last derby. Have him on the bench. If we are winning he’ll wind them up if not he could change the game. Sunday isn’t about anything other than beating them. I’m no fan and don’t want him to get another contract but let’s win Sunday first. 

Yes I agree with the last part - but I just can't fathom this Blues team being remotely bothered by a striker who as I said before doesn't score goals.

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Is that really ok with you though ? Look I am willing to admit that as pro's get older they clearly cannot keep going to the well continually- but equally are we saying to Gabby run around for 15-20 against Blues and don't worry about the rest of the matches 

Take each game individually and do what is ever deemed most likely to result in victory each time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yes I agree with the last part - but I just can't fathom this Blues team being remotely bothered by a striker who as I said before doesn't score goals.

Well last years team was badly affected by him and he scored so that’s sort of nullified your point. 

12 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Well last years team was badly affected by him and he scored so that’s sort of nullified your point. 

Well if you really believe he terrified them at St. Andrews that's your view I disagree but respect your right to it

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Well if you really believe he terrified them at St. Andrews that's your view I disagree but respect your right to it

You can disagree but if you watch the game they sat deeper because he came on and they were worried. He even affects there fans and you could sense their apprehension in the ground something my Blues mates confirmed after.  It’s undeniable Gabby winds them up and on Sunday all advantages are welcome. Who’s do you think they’d rather have come on Davis or Gabby?

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

You can disagree but if you watch the game they sat deeper because he came on and they were worried. He even affects there fans and you could sense their apprehension in the ground something my Blues mates confirmed after.  It’s undeniable Gabby winds them up and on Sunday all advantages are welcome. Who’s do you think they’d rather have come on Davis or Gabby?

Sorry, you have blues mates?  Please delete all your posts, immediately.  It’s the only reasonable course of action.  Oh, and re-think your life, man!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

You might also wish to see his heat map - he was no where near as effective as you might wish to think - this psychology boost that you feel he brings against the blues is no where near as prevalent as you make out imo 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You might also wish to see his heat map - he was no where near as effective as you might wish to think - this psychology boost that you feel he brings against the blues is no where near as prevalent as you make out imo 

Nobody wants to see Gabby's heat map!!

19 hours ago, Dave J said:

I just can't fathom this Blues team being remotely bothered by a striker who as I said before doesn't score goals.

...except against them.   :twisted:

19 hours ago, Dave J said:

Except he always scores against them specifically and hence the whole discussion - surely you recognise this?

Whether it's complete coincidence or not is of course up for debate but what is not up for debate is his goal scoring record against the shite.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave J said:

Pretty sure he was referencing the game at home where his introduction made a massive difference to every aspect of the game.

Taking away the fact that he scored the winning goal - the whole team and crowd lifted as soon as he came on, it was markedly visible and surely isn't up for debate?!?!

I'm not advocating putting him in the team but for you to seem so flabbergasted at the mere suggestion is to completely disregard history.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm not advocating putting him in the team but for you to seem so flabbergasted at the mere suggestion is to completely disregard history.

Yep, in a dramatic turn, I completely agree with something BannedfromHandV posts.  :) 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Pretty sure he was referencing the game at home where his introduction made a massive difference to every aspect of the game.

Taking away the fact that he scored the winning goal - the whole team and crowd lifted as soon as he came on, it was markedly visible and surely isn't up for debate?!?!

He clearly rattled the Blues players from the off as well considering Gardner shoulder barged him as he came on and he then put in two huge tackles/fouls within two minutes of coming on.

Â