Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You must be the only fan who doesn’t believe Gabby affects them. His performances and his affect on them last season and over the years is why he deserves a place on the bench. You can’t deny he changed the game at home last year. Can you? 

Maybe I am and I am ok with this if so.

the guy has been turgid for years imo and has done nothing this season to warrant leaving out someone from the current matchday 18.

As someone stated he might well effect the mood of Villa supporters but I doubt if Blues players give a flying fig if he plays or not.

25 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We had both Jedi and Whelan on the bench last week, I'd do it just for shits and giggles to be honest, they absolutely cannot stand him and he gives them the fear. Two good reasons to put him in instead of a bench full of defensive options.

I'm not saying we should make a statue of him or anything, he's been shit for years now, but he has a sort of voodoo over the inbreds that we should exploit.

But doesn't it make you question why if he can be bothered to run around " a little " against Blues - why not other teams? 

not that I want him in the team to do so.

41 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think his effect is on our fans, not the opposition. He lifts our fans, and thereby the performance of our team.

Away last year they dropped deeper and deeper when he came on At home he lifted everyone. Even their fans change when he’s about. Gabby effects this game. No matter how you want to look at it. 

• Like 1

Part of me wants him on the bench because Blues will just shit themselves at the sight of him but then the rest of me knows that we have more than enough to beat them. We were terrible last year but we are not this year. I'd rather have Grabban or Green on the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Maybe I am and I am ok with this if so.

the guy has been turgid for years imo and has done nothing this season to warrant leaving out someone from the current matchday 18.

As someone stated he might well effect the mood of Villa supporters but I doubt if Blues players give a flying fig if he plays or not.

Dave, we ALL know your feelings about the guy.

I just hope we can allow him even one last hurrah, there is a STRONG case of that being against the Blues for all the reasons some have already pointed out.

He is gone at the end of the season and you will have to find a new "Gabby" :P.

As you know, I for one, have an "emotional" attachment for reasons many others do also.

The very least I would want for him is to leave with a little bit of happiness and appreciation for what he HAS done. (Whether we can say it was a decade ago or not), as a pose to the mistakes he has made which in the grand scheme of things are truthfully not the epitome of his Villa career.

Regardless of what people try to portray, at the end of the day he loves the club, whether he has let us, and himself down is another issue altogether.

I'm pretty sure he, himself will know he has let himself, AND the club down, and effectively shortened his own Villa career which arguably should have taken on a much different trajectory.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just hope we can allow him even one last hurrah, there is a STRONG case of that being against the Blues for all the reasons some have already pointed out.

He is gone at the end of the season and you will have to find a new "Gabby" :p.

As you know, I for one, have an "emotional" attachment for reasons many other do also.

The very least I would want for him is to leave with a little bit of happiness and appreciation for what he HAS done. (Whether we can say it was a decade ago or not), as a pose to the mistakes he has made which in the grand scheme of things are truthfully not the epitome of his Villa career.

Regardless of what people try to portray, at the end of the day he loves the club, whether he has let us, and himself down in another issue altogether.

I'm pretty sure him, himself will know he has let himself, AND the club down, and effectively shortened his own Villa career which arguably should have taken on a much different trajectory.

Are you one of his kids?

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Dave J

Never talks about Agbonlahor

"I very rarely post about Gabby"

:crylaugh: 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Are you one of his kids?

I'm sure you know what I mean, as in I grew up watching him come through the youth all the way to his prime, and associate him with some great times, and teams etc.

However, I will give you the "Buddum Tsss" you were after.

:D

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He is gone at the end of the season and you will have to find a new "Gabby" :p.

As you know, I for one, have an "emotional" attachment for reasons many other do also.

Regardless of what people try to portray, at the end of the day he loves the club, whether he has let us, and himself down in another issue altogether.

I'm pretty sure him, himself will know he has let himself, AND the club down, and effectively shortened his own Villa career which arguably should have taken on a much different trajectory.

Let him have a testimonial for that.

He doesn't justify a place in the squad for any other game and we'll be in danger of expecting to have the 'Gabby factor' if he gets picked.  Time to move on - we have more than enough to beat these without Gabby and shouldn't mythologise his past performances.  IMO.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure you know what I mean, as in I grew up watching him come through the youth all the way to his prime, and associate him with some great times, and teams.

However, I will give you the "Buddum Tsss" you were after.

:D

And that's all I ever need ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Let him have a testimonial for that.

He doesn't justify a place in the squad for any other game and we'll be in danger of expecting to have the 'Gabby factor' if he gets picked.  Time to move on - we have more than enough to beat these without Gabby and shouldn't mythologise his past performances.  IMO.

This my HEAD obviously agrees with.

My other comments are mostly based on sentiment to be fair.

I have also thought, it is also an opportunity to give one of our other home grown lads the opportunity to be come the new "Blues Killer".

• Like 1

Whilst speculating whether Gabby will play, since we apparently have nothing better to do, it's worth mentioning that Calderwood was specifically asked about his chances of featuring in the press conference and answered:

"Everyone's fit and available so all those records come into the manager's thoughts and he's got a terrific record...local boys, whether it be Jack or Gabby, they're the ones who spell it home to everyone else round about the dressing room the importance of it."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Away last year they dropped deeper and deeper when he came on At home he lifted everyone. Even their fans change when he’s about. Gabby effects this game. No matter how you want to look at it. 

I'm good with that. If he does it I don't care either way. :)

• Like 1

Â