Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

What he has been paid by us for what he's done is ridiculous, but I don't hold that against him, same goes for nearly every footballer.

Still one of my favourite players of all time. I don't look in to that one too much though. Now I'm typing it, I never thought I'd say that about anyone guaranteed to miss a 1v1 with an open net.

He's had his moments though and to me there's a balance there.

I think it a bit harsh not to give a testimonial to someone with over 300 games. His goal record isn't even that horrific.

I wouldn't attend a Gabby testimonial if it took place in my back garden tbf.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I wouldn't attend a Gabby testimonial if it took place in my back garden tbf.

I suppose it's easy for me to suggest, I wouldn't have to attend, living in Australia and all.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

So, nobody thinks he's going to make a cameo against sha then?  

No, he won't even make the bench imo, and rightfully so.  Hogan will start and Davis and Grabban will be on the bench. 

45 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I don't think he'll ever make our match day squad again and rightly so.  

I had lunch with a nose last week and told him we were going to roll out Gabby against them. He laughed but his eyes told a different story. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To me it already feels like he left the club 3 years ago and all that remains is the ghost of Agbonlahor.

A few polystyrene fast food containers blowing around and a small pile of Nitrous oxide cylinders on the carpark floor next to where he used to park at the training ground. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I don't think he'll ever make our match day squad again and rightly so.  

I dont care about his past. We dont need him. Grabban should be on the bench if Whelan makes way. 

On 2/3/2018 at 13:21, markavfc40 said:

I think Hutton is a lesson to Gabby as to what might have been. Like Gabby Hutton is not the most technically gifted player but what he lacks in ability he makes up for in desire and determination. Hutton has to be one of the fittest players at the club and something that isn't often talked about one of the quickest. That doesn't happen by accident though that is because he has kept himself in top condition, trains hard and gives his all.

I'd imagine Hutton will still be playing at a decent level for another five years where as Gabby, who is a couple of years younger, looks to be pretty much finished. 

Gabby has wasted the last 4 or 5 years and despite him applying himself in the right way under Bruce, and showing signs of having a bit of a swansong, the damage was already done and he simply can't stay fit for prolonged periods . What a waste but he only has himself to blame. 

I think a number of players have shown that Steve Bruce's pursuit of Character ( possibly first) mirrors the thoughts of his mentor Ferguson and the Iconic Shankly.....and also Lord Ron of Witton.

We have been bankcrupt of this crucial attribute in our players for years, bar one or two........ thankfully it is gradually returning.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, mjmooney said:

So, nobody thinks he's going to make a cameo against sha then?  

I wouldn't bet against it....or score.

Its just the thought of a trade off of another juicy contract on the strength of it.:angry:

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I had lunch with a nose last week and told him we were going to roll out Gabby against them. He laughed but his eyes told a different story. 

Can they talk or do they just Grunt and snort?:D

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't bet against it....or score.

Its just the thought of a trade off of another juicy contract on the strength of it.:angry:

I wouldn't bet against either. But he won't get a new contract off the back of a goal in his first appearance for six months. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wouldn't bet against either. But he won't get a new contract off the back of a goal in his first appearance for six months. 

Agreed, never going to happen.

But people are still intent on beating the dead horse. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's going to come off the bench on Sunday in the 89th minute. Snodders will bounce the winner in off his fat arse, he'll wheel off towards the Holte End to celebrate and just keep on running right out the ground, waving as he goes. Never to be seen again.

I think there's an ending we could all get behind.

You have a vivid imagination.....one i could very easily buy in to.:D

• Like 1

Â