Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Quetsion is though who do you take out? davis or grabban? cant have gabby davis and grabban on the bench

I would leave Davis out for this one and have Gabby and Grabban, also swap Green for Whelan too and it would be a good bench.

After all, it's only one game and not as if he will keep his place or even feature much after it like he barely has all season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick said:

We’ve had three defensive midfielders for the last few games.

the problem is dick lets say we want to include gabby

bench would be something like bunn taylor tuanzebe gabby, grabban davis jedinak 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Risky leaving Davis out for this one for gabby though rigo 

cant see bruce leaving davis out 

If Gabby where to feature anywhere in this I don't think we would need 3 strikers on the bench when we are only playing with one on the pitch, the same could be said about the DCM position too.

Again speculating, he might not even make the bench anyway, but I feel it would be a mistake not to include him if he where available for selection which there is no news of him not being.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Risky leaving Davis out for this one for gabby though rigo 

cant see bruce leaving davis out 

Grabban will cover Davis as he can lead the line on his own. I want Green on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Grabban will cover Davis as he can lead the line on his own. I want Green on the bench. 

i agree. i dont wnat to be seeing whelan on the bench ahead of him . we have tuanzebe and jedinak who can also play there 

• Like 1

I am genuinely surprised that there is a ground swell of opinion to include him in the match day 18.

this psychological boost in my view applied to us fans - do we really think that a professional footballer is going to be fazed by an on coming striker who is either unavailable or does not score - if we were bringing on Ronaldo it just might be a different story.

in my view how has he accrued the rights to a place on the bench - ? I just don't see it.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In this fixture Gabby has a 50% goal ratio against them in all competitions with a 1 in every 2nd game. Played in ten and scored in 5, for me he has to be on the bench at least if available.

Didn't he score last time out..................?  :)

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Didn't he score last time out..................?  :)

That is correct sir.

He last played in this fixture in April at Villa park last season (he missed October's this season).. and yes he came off the bench that day and scored the winning and only goal. ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That is correct sir.

He last played in this fixture in April at Villa park last season (he missed October's this season).. and yes he came off the bench that day and scored the winning and only goal. ;) 

Couldn't resist it. :D

22 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I am genuinely surprised that there is a ground swell of opinion to include him in the match day 18.

this psychological boost in my view applied to us fans - do we really think that a professional footballer is going to be fazed by an on coming striker who is either unavailable or does not score - if we were bringing on Ronaldo it just might be a different story.

in my view how has he accrued the rights to a place on the bench - ? I just don't see it.

I am with you in this throughout the season mate and agree in keeping him away etc, but this game is different for some reason and I don't know what it is.

Is it that his goals to games ratio in this fixture is better than any other in recent times? the fact it will prob be the last time he ever plays this fixture in his career? Does he add an extra factor in presence in this fixture out of hysteria fear on their fans part or is it a combination of all? 

I do know he is like a bad smell to Birmingham City and I imagine they hate it whenever they see his name against them.. bit like us always drawing Man Utd in the FA cup I guess.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You must be the only fan who doesn’t believe Gabby affects them. His performances and his affect on them last season and over the years is why he deserves a place on the bench. You can’t deny he changed the game at home last year. Can you? 

• Like 1

The bench - Bunn, Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Taylor, Grabban, and in my opinion - Green.

That leaves the last place between Davis and Agbonlahor.

Agbonlahor has been a useless waste of space in recent years and during that time I have lost all respect for him. I loved him, by the way, in his prime.

So I would not be advocating putting him in for this match in lieu of Davis, but Bruce often makes his subs late on, and at that stage it might make little difference. Davis has not been at his best recently.

However, if Agbonlahor is on the bench in place of Green, you will hear my screams of anger all the way across the Irish sea.

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You must be the only fan who doesn’t believe Gabby affects them. His performances and his affect on them last season and over the years is why he deserves a place on the bench. You can’t deny he changed the game at home last year. Can you? 

I think his effect is on our fans, not the opposition. He lifts our fans, and thereby the performance of our team.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That is correct sir.

That I can't argue with - but what has he actually done since this game to warrant being anywhere near the matchday 18 other than sentimental reasoning as it can no way be based on anything else imo  - I don't buy the psychological rationale that Blues players are scared of him.they should be a lot more focused on stopping the likes of Jack or Hogan than worry about him  - he is very ordinary  - again in my view.

12 hours ago, Dave J said:

No no and no - what message would that send to the person who has busted a gut to make the previous matchday  18? I'm sorry it's ridiculous he offers nothing imo and should not be given such an opportunity without proving the right to it again imo 

We had both Jedi and Whelan on the bench last week, I'd do it just for shits and giggles to be honest, they absolutely cannot stand him and he gives them the fear. Two good reasons to put him in instead of a bench full of defensive options.

I'm not saying we should make a statue of him or anything, he's been shit for years now, but he has a sort of voodoo over the inbreds that we should exploit.

• Like 2

Â