Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

19 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Pep has taken unlimited resources, and a stacked team to where they should be. 

that's where I disagree

man city are beyond where a stacked team with unlimited resources should be, we've had these teams before, we've had these man city teams before, yet its pep's man city who won only the 2nd treble in english football, who set the record number of PL points (and goals?) who could feasibly win the PL 4 times in a row for the first time ever and also win back to back trebles

he's not doing what he should be doing or what anyone else can do, he's doing better 

• Like 4

I just can't take to Pep and no matter how many titles he wins or how many passes his teams make a game, his achievements are always with stacked odds, The Messi era, City's cheating and oil backed club, Bayern all achievements that should have been expected. He didn't invent football or tiki-taka, his well known liking of nandrolone and links to proven drug cheat team doctors he hires at every club also raise questions, plus he just seems a very unlikeable guy too.

Mourinho for me, was a better manager, what he did at Porto, Chelsea and Inter was far more impressive and box office with a love him or hate him aura.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Oh yeah Man. City should get endless points deductions for what they've done so would be amusing to see their slow relegation if they got hit with a -40 or -50 and the ensuring fallout (no chance whatsoever Guardiola hangs around for all that).

Not sure though if you follow the news recently that Chelsea were following all the rules on transfers under Abramovich. Pretty sure there's a current court case going on about that.

I probably misread what Mantis was saying given the discussion above and he was claiming Man. City fans were worse than Chelsea ones which I would find surprising as there are still a good amount of decent Man. City fans who remember their dark days of 90s and early 2000s so this success isn't completely going to their head.

Just charge them with 5-7 of their charges every year until they have had all the charges accounted for.

Then that’s 5-7 charges a year that can be properly investigated and they can be punished for… year after year after year…

and that will make up for their breaking of the rules and flaunting it in front of everyone’s faces…

year after year after year…

It’s their fans that deserve to suffer the most

55 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Just charge them with 5-7 of their charges every year until they have had all the charges accounted for.

Then that’s 5-7 charges a year that can be properly investigated and they can be punished for… year after year after year…

and that will make up for their breaking of the rules and flaunting it in front of everyone’s faces…

year after year after year…

It’s their fans that deserve to suffer the most

well reports today of scrapping points deductions in favour of financial penalties instead so they've gotten away with it by the looks of things

• Shocked 1

Pep reminds me of myself aged about 14 when I first played Championship Manager and realised I could cheat by adding a manager to another club and selling them players at inflated fees to boost my own budget.

Anything that club does comes with an asterisk. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3

Not winning the league with them should be an instant sackable offence.  Bare minimum expectation for any manager with the resources at hand.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not winning the league with them should be an instant sackable offence.  Bare minimum expectation for any manager with the resources at hand.

He won one Champions League since he joined in 2016 and was knocked out by minnows like Lyon, Monaco and Spurs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Say what you want about their achievements, how good and stacked they are, what a good coach he is, their football bores the **** tits off me.

At least Liverpool, as unbearable as their fans are, are mightily exciting to watch. Their dynamic counterattacking football will beat out Pep's endless plodding passing for entertainment value all day long. 

They're also massive twunts.

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I was thinking about their squad lying in bed last night.

Rodri

Haaland

Foden

Silva

Alvarez

Ederson

Dias

de Bruyne

Imagine if other top European sides had just 1 of these players in their squad they’d be a star player. City have them all (plus others who could arguably on the list like Grealish, Walker, Stones).

It’s ridiculous they have amassed such an over strength squad and smashed the rule book to pieces. Nobody else comes close to such a collection of world class players.

I really hope they get the mother of all punishments.

Real Madrid have just as good a squad of stars

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

well reports today of scrapping points deductions in favour of financial penalties instead so they've gotten away with it by the looks of things

Great, so as punishment for spending too much money, we will charge you some more money. LoL.

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

Say what you want about their achievements, how good and stacked they are, what a good coach he is, their football bores the **** tits off me.

At least Liverpool, as unbearable as their fans are, are mightily exciting to watch. Their dynamic counterattacking football will beat out Pep's endless plodding passing for entertainment value all day long. 

I find the same with Arsenal - which was why the 0-0 bore draw between Pep and Pep Jr on the weekend was tame and timid.

In the top 5, Liverpool, Spurs and us play the more entertaining football.

9 hours ago, est1874 said:

Yes, I always found his Barcelona boring to watch as well.

Endless short passing back and forth between Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta before someone eventually plays in Messi, once the defence has gone to sleep 🥱

On 04/04/2024 at 14:48, pas5898 said:

I disagree. There's never been a team this stacked and definitely as deep as Man City.

This is it for me.

For as much as the players and Pep aren't cheating, the fact that they can field these stars and have such quality back is blatantly foul play.  Added with @pas5898's points about other teams financial issues (partly due to teams like City trying to "keep up", then it all makes so much sense.

If they get away with a financial penalty, I'm done with football.  And it won't be that hard to do either as things stand.

They should be like the Harlem Globetrotters and stick to friendlies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Supposedly agreed terms with Paqueta, isn't he under investigation for betting offences still.

It's a bit of a joke Everton and Forest getting handed out points deductions, whilst City are allowed to continue their pursuit for trophies unhindered.  I realise that their 115 charges are more complicated, and that City are dragging their feet in order to delay any punishment.  They should be hit with a transfer embargo until they agree to co-operate with the investigation. 

57 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Supposedly agreed terms with Paqueta, isn't he under investigation for betting offences still.

I thought his case was resolved? He'll be an excellent player for them, he's just what they need in midfield. 

Edited by villa89

PL won't touch them because they are a part of the big 6

PL is a real farce and is corrupt to the teeth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

PL is a real farce and is corrupt to the teeth

Agreed. Their punishment should be points for each penalty, spread over the years they cheated or even a Ranger style expulsion to the National League. It's not just "oh they have loads of money", they've used financial doping to derail other teams.

Grealish: our best player, captain, everything to sit on their bench.

Phillips: Leeds best midfielder,  should have stayed up with him.

Ake: Bournemouths best defender to sit on the bench.

Nunes:  Wolves best remaining midfielder to sit on the bench.

Kovacic: Chelseas best midfielder to sit on the bench.

Now Paqueta: West Hams best player, who will ultimately be a squad player.

Edited by pas5898

Â