Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

They’re so boring to watch 

Sh*t corners. You would have thought they would be quite good at them. 

They are like a Boa Constrictor. Squeeze the life out of a game. Plod plod plod.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s been a great game imo. 

High quality technical stuff, but really not a great game… unless you like your football like chess, in which case sure. 

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

High quality technical stuff, but really not a great game… unless you like your football like chess, in which case sure. 

I enjoyed it

5 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

1 European trophy in 16 years is embarrassing considering the billions they've spent.

I’d say it’s justice to be fair…

Just like PSG!

They can sign the stars, they can blow everyone out of the water financially with the backing of a Gulf nations royal family wealth and they can mask it all with supposed legit forms of income in inflated sponsorship from companies they and their friends and family own…

They can dominate their own leagues by cheating and then justify it because the rules came into place after they came into large amounts of money and their divisional rivals used to spend with impunity in the 90s so they think that gives them carte blanche to break the rules because they can afford to!

They can attract interest from fans around the world who have claimed to be diehard fans since the start - who say they have the clubs blood in their veins - and who use the clubs success vicariously to justify their pathetic existences - mocking fans of other teams, calling other massive clubs “small” without actually knowing anything about the sport in that country whatsoever…

City and PSG can do all of that…

but you just can’t buy class…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Pep will jack it in end of the season me thinks

It might be a good idea if the crimes of the club are about to be laid bare. 

9 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Pep will jack it in end of the season me thinks

Pep will only ever move to "a sure thing". The only one left is PSG. Can see Enrique doing a lot of the hard work for this non galactico rebuild, failing in the CL then Pep moving in around 15 months to "save the day".

With no Klopp and Arsenal being the usual bottlers they will absolutely walk the PL next season. 

Edited by pas5898

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Pep will only ever move to "a sure thing". The only one left is PSG. Can see Enrique doing a lot of the hard work for this non galactico rebuild, failing in the CL then Pep moving in around 15 months to "save the day".

With no Klopp and Arsenal being the usual bottlers they will absolutely walk the PL next season. 

They looked flat to me, Hallard didnt look bothered by any of it. Looks like they need fresh blood in to motivate em. Hopefully Arsenal can put a run of wins in to stick some pressure on them and they stutter. Be great for football if they won nothing this season, come on Chelsea.

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’d say it’s justice to be fair…

Just like PSG!

They can sign the stars, they can blow everyone out of the water financially with the backing of a Gulf nations royal family wealth and they can mask it all with supposed legit forms of income in inflated sponsorship from companies they and their friends and family own…

They can dominate their own leagues by cheating and then justify it because the rules came into place after they came into large amounts of money and their divisional rivals used to spend with impunity in the 90s so they think that gives them carte blanche to break the rules because they can afford to!

They can attract interest from fans around the world who have claimed to be diehard fans since the start - who say they have the clubs blood in their veins - and who use the clubs success vicariously to justify their pathetic existences - mocking fans of other teams, calling other massive clubs “small” without actually knowing anything about the sport in that country whatsoever…

City and PSG can do all of that…

but you just can’t buy class…

Absolutely spot on. And their manager is p***k of the very highest order. 

• Like 1

As great as the result was last night, they're never going away whilst they've got the backing of an oil state. I really hope the 115 charges are enough for them to back out, but that's the naive optimist in me. The reality is they're going to spend a whole heap of money improving their squad in the summer so next season's PL is a one horse race. They'll be in and around the CL latter stages again too.

It's so depressing.

5 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

As great as the result was last night, they're never going away whilst they've got the backing of an oil state. I really hope the 115 charges are enough for them to back out, but that's the naive optimist in me. The reality is they're going to spend a whole heap of money improving their squad in the summer so next season's PL is a one horse race. They'll be in and around the CL latter stages again too.

It's so depressing.

Be a real shame if the USA found WMDs there…

• Haha 2

Â