Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Premier League ain't touching any of the Sky 6 clubs. They are untouchable

Just shows how corrupt the league is.

Should all have been severely point deducted for the Super League betrayal alone

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d really like to see supporters at every game they play bringing banners and chants to relentlessly remind them that they are cheats.

They are getting off too easily at the moment. It needs to be tarnished so they are almost embarrassed to win.

That and a total boycott of their games. It would really make waves if their matches had really poor viewing figures, given how much football is all about TV deals these days.

I started my boycott of them years ago and I know others that started at different times.

I even skip past them on MOTD when I watch on iplayer.

It's not too late to stop giving these b******s oxygen. Personally, I love football too much to be complicit in them killing it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That and a total boycott of their games. It would really make waves if their matches had really poor viewing figures, given how much football is all about TV deals these days.

I started my boycott of them years ago and I know others that started at different times.

I even skip past them on MOTD when I watch on iplayer.

It's not too late to stop giving these b******s oxygen. Personally, I love football too much to be complicit in them killing it.

Problem is that the Premier League dont care about thr English fan as gloryhunting City fans in Africa, Middle East and Asia dont care about football tradition or that City cheated all this time

Sad but true

• Like 3

People shouldn’t have to deny themselves watching teams like Real Madrid play just because City are cheats.

As I mentioned before, it should chanted and bannered (is that a word?) every where they go until the players and the staff are embarrassed to be associated with them.

4 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Yeah those big Spanish teams are squeaky clean aren't they? 

Exactly. The 2 biggest cheats football has ever seen playing each other.*

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch that. 

*Honourable mentions to the 3 big Italian clubs, Chelsea, PSG and Barcelona.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Yeah those big Spanish teams are squeaky clean aren't they? 

Not going to lie… I couldn’t give a toss how dirty and corrupt the Spanish and Italian and French leagues are…

They don’t affect us year on year, they didn’t ruin our club - and they at least do it with some style…

Not with some dirty word removed Manc accent…

4 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Not going to lie… I couldn’t give a toss how dirty and corrupt the Spanish and Italian and French leagues are…

They don’t affect us year on year, they didn’t ruin our club - and they at least do it with some style…

Not with some dirty word removed Manc accent…

A useful post for anyone trying to establish whether your opinions on this club were based on logic and intellectual consistency.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Juve have to be the biggest cheats of all time, surely, because of Calciopoli.

I tried to work out what happened there and got totally lost. They got relegated for it and had their title stripped, so as a precedent it's what I'd like to see happen to Man City.

But the post trial stuff seems to suggest they didn't actually do anything that impacted the season. Sounds like they might have done things that might have affectes it, but there's no evidence of it, so it's considered a regular season. Really confusing.

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I tried to work out what happened there and got totally lost. They got relegated for it and had their title stripped, so as a precedent it's what I'd like to see happen to Man City.

But the post trial stuff seems to suggest they didn't actually do anything that impacted the season. Sounds like they might have done things that might have affectes it, but there's no evidence of it, so it's considered a regular season. Really confusing.

about 11 people went to prison for what Juve did

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

about 11 people went to prison for what Juve did

It wasn't just Juve, was it?  Didn't Fiorentina get dropped down the leagues?

Maybe that was a different Italian football scandal :D 

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

A few other teams did but they had their relegations overturned. It certainly wasn't just Juve but trying to work out who did what is a murky business. 

As @villa4europe said, people went to prison, but the final report conclusion seems to be that their actions didn't affect the sporting integrity of the competition. Its like the final report is purposely unclear.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There were a few involved. A couple of them (Fiorentina and Lazio) were also relegated, but they had their punishments overturned on appeal.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

A few other teams did but they had their relegations overturned. It certainly wasn't just Juve but trying to work out who did what is a murky business. 

As @villa4europe said, people went to prison, but the final report conclusion seems to be that their actions didn't affect the sporting integrity of the competition. Its like the final report is purposely unclear.

They stripped Juve of the title for 2 years though, so regardless of the sporting integrity (why would they do it if it didn't help them!), it certainly affected the outcome of the competition. 

• Like 1

I think the main takeaway from the above precedent is that relegation and a huge fine is the absolute LEAST that should happen to Man City. It won't though, as the investigators in this instance are themselves murky AF. If you vary punishment based on the impact it has on your product (ie. the Premier League), then you are corrupt, and given that money is involved, possibly criminal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I think the main takeaway from the above precedent is that relegation and a huge fine is the absolute LEAST that should happen to Man City. It won't though, as the investigators in this instance are themselves murky AF. If you vary punishment based on the impact it has on your product (ie. the Premier League), then you are corrupt, and given that money is involved, possibly criminal. 

thats why i mentioned the prison sentences, im not sure juve or the italian football scandal does set a precedence, there were criminal charges involved, the use of the word "fraud" is tip toed around man city, they've cheated, they've broken the rules of football but as far as i know from what i've seen they've not actually broken the law, the italian teams broke the law

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thats why i mentioned the prison sentences, im not sure juve or the italian football scandal does set a precedence, there were criminal charges involved, the use of the word "fraud" is tip toed around man city, they've cheated, they've broken the rules of football but as far as i know from what i've seen they've not actually broken the law, the italian teams broke the law

I'm not a lawyer, but falsifying accounts is often a crime (it's what Trump is on trial for right now, for one topical example)

Â