Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Drug cheating as a player. 

Controversial drug doping doctor works at barcelona with him. 

Barcelona paying off refs during his time there. 

Man city found guilty by Uefa

Man city investigated by the prem for 115 charges.

Can anyone name another top class manager that's had this level of corruption and scandal follow them round? 

Its OK when you bring these points up nobody really wants to argue against them 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its OK when you bring these points up nobody really wants to argue against them 😉

That's because nobody wants to argue them. There is no argument. You keep bringing them up to try and start a debate, but nobody is debating it.

Nobody is disagreeing or debating that there are concerns around Pep

Arguing that he's a good manager isn't ignoring those things

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's because nobody wants to argue them. There is no argument. You keep bringing them up to try and start a debate, but nobody is debating it.

Nobody is disagreeing or debating that there are concerns around Pep

Arguing that he's a good manager isn't ignoring those things

Nobody wants to argue about a drug cheat with drug and financial doping charges connected to him

But still wants to praise his management

Mmmmm am very confused

Edited by Zatman

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nobody wants to argue about a drug cheat with drug and financial doping charges connected to him

But still wants to praise his management

Mmmmm am very confused

We’ve gone over this for a fair few pages. Keep up

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We’ve gone over this for a fair few pages. Keep up

Have we though? Maybe i missed it but whats your opinion about him being a drug cheat who also hired a drug cheating doctor?

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think Pep is untalented. I think he's overrated and I think other managers have done more impressive things. 

For me, once city get found guilty, you can only point to his time at Barcelona as anything special. 

Even if Man City are guilty of spending more than they were allowed he still created a dominant side on a budget smaller than Chelsea or Man U’s. 

Also, when you talk about him being given world class players at Barcelona, surely they only became world class because of his coaching? 

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Even if Man City are guilty of spending more than they were allowed he still created a dominant side on a budget smaller than Chelsea or Man U’s. 

Also, when you talk about him being given world class players at Barcelona, surely they only became world class because of his coaching? 

The team he took over won the Champions League two years earlier and was pretty much the spine of the Spain team that won Euro 2008

They were world class before he got there

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

The team he took over won the Champions League two years earlier and was pretty much the spine of the Spain team that won Euro 2008

I’m not going to accept that he didn’t have a positive impact on developing those players to be the force they became. He even promoted some of them from the Barcelona B team. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tell us again how Messi isn't much good please. I like that bit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Have we though? Maybe i missed it but whats your opinion about him being a drug cheat who also hired a drug cheating doctor?

Yes we have. You can read my various responses to DCJonah if you like 👍🏻 

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tell us again how Messi isn't much good please. I like that bit.

What?

Are you saying Messi is only a world class player because of Pep?

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m not going to accept that he didn’t have a positive impact on developing those players to be the force they became. He even promoted some of them from the Barcelona B team. 

Was only 2 players he promoted that were successful for Barcelona though. For every Pedro and Busquets was many more Tello, Jeffren, Bojan, Dos Santos or Muniesa

These players won major trophies before he took over and after he left

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What?

Do you think Messi has been one of the best players ever? He's comfortable number 1 for me.

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Are you saying Messi is only a world class player because of Pep?

Nope.

Aside from the Pep debate I just can’t wait for the club and thus their pig headed fans their just desserts.

The arrogance and sheer delusional denial they have treated this whole affair with has left me longing for some delicious schadenfreude.  

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Aside from the Pep debate I just can’t wait for the club and thus their pig headed fans their just desserts.

The arrogance and sheer delusional denial they have treated this whole affair with has left me longing for some delicious schadenfreude.  

Hell, I long for it just to bathe in the reactions from the Gallagher brothers it will inevitably produce.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

no they weren't, the class players that were there were in a dressing room of massive egos who were phoning it in

and even then pep still got those world class players to perform better under him than they did previously, you can say xavi and iniesta were world class under rijkaard from 2005 onwards but there's still the fact that pep then elevated their game, and that's the whole point, his skill set is making quality players play their best football

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

These players won major trophies before he took over and after he left

but they were a contender for the best team in history while he was there

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He's had a billion pounds plus to build his squad. Name another manager who has had that. 

Claiming those players only became world class because of his coaching is the trump cult level of ridiculousness that surrounds this guy. 

An insane comment 

Edited by DCJonah

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

no they weren't, the class players that were there were in a dressing room of massive egos who were phoning it in

and even then pep still got those world class players to perform better under him than they did previously, you can say xavi and iniesta were world class under rijkaard from 2005 onwards but there's still the fact that pep then elevated their game, and that's the whole point, his skill set is making quality players play their best football

but they were a contender for the best team in history while he was there

He's also failed with this as well.

Zlatan was awful under him. Grealish is not the player he was. Phillips was an utter waste of money. 

But because Pep has unlimited funds because of cheating we can just dismiss expensive flops and focus on the successes. Nearly every other club can't afford to just write off the losses man city can. 

£100 million player has started 6 games this season. Any other club and the manager would be slaughtered for that. Phillips would be a record signing for most premier league sides but that amount means nothing to pep and City. He didn't work out, who cares, sign the next one. 

Â