Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

5 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

As great as the result was last night, they're never going away whilst they've got the backing of an oil state.

I disagree, 

I think the machine behind Pep is one of the main reasons for their utter dominance. That Txiki DoF has built this squad, with an elite manager such as Pep.

Take one or both of those out, then it's easy to waste money (Chelsea, Man United).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

1 European trophy in 16 years is embarrassing considering the billions they've spent.

And we all know they cheated to do it. Forever the asterisk champions. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I disagree, 

I think the machine behind Pep is one of the main reasons for their utter dominance. That Txiki DoF has built this squad, with an elite manager such as Pep.

Take one or both of those out, then it's easy to waste money (Chelsea, Man United).

1 Champions League in 8 seasons despite having cheated and with unlimited resources is pretty poor.

Edited by duke313

24 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I disagree, 

PSG too with leonardo, he built some bad squads there 

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Pep will only ever move to "a sure thing". The only one left is PSG. Can see Enrique doing a lot of the hard work for this non galactico rebuild, failing in the CL then Pep moving in around 15 months to "save the day".

With no Klopp and Arsenal being the usual bottlers they will absolutely walk the PL next season. 

Could see Pep pop up at BATE Borisov or Celtic

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Be a real shame if the USA found WMDs there…

They don’t even need to exist, just suspicious they might have some should be enough.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, duke313 said:

1 Champions League in 8 seasons despite having cheated and with unlimited resources is pretty poor.

It's quite a poor return for the CL, but he's won an absolute **** load of trophies.

If/when he leaves though I think they'll be fine unfortunately

They won't win as much as they did with Pep because I don't think there's any manager out there who can be as successful as he's been with them.
But they've got enough money (obviously) and enough reputation now to get a different world class manager who will win them another shit load of stuff

Our only hope is the PL come down hard on them

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's quite a poor return for the CL, but he's won an absolute **** load of trophies.

They won't win as much as they did with Pep because I don't think there's any manager out there who can be as successful as he's been with them.
But they've got enough money (obviously) and enough reputation now to get a different world class manager who will win them another shit load of stuff

Unfortunately, all those trophies have an asterisk beside them because of their cheating.  Hopefully if their charged they have the balls to strip them of their titles.

Edited by duke313

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Unfortunately, all those trophies have an asterisk beside them because of their cheating.  

Correct.

Wasn't really relevant to the discussion though

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Unfortunately, all those trophies have an asterisk beside them because of their cheating.  Hopefully if their charged they have the balls to strip them of their titles.

The problem is that the people charging them are trying to attack them with all of the charges in one lump which means that it’s taking so much longer to get anywhere and Citeh can throw money-shaped barricades and obstacles in the way to drag the process out…

if they just hit them with 5 charges every year built on cast iron cases until all the charges had been dealt with, even if City weren’t relegated - if each guilty charge came with a ban from European competition, a transfer embargo and a 5 point deduction, that would stop them winning any meaningful trophies and would cripple them financially - they wouldn’t be able to afford the wages or the massive fees without European football and the house that the Mansours built would crumble back into that worthless cesspit called Moss Side where they **** belong in the first place…

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Pep has been there long enough and is integral enough to them that there is a chance it'll be like when Fergie or Wenger left and they might struggle for a bit. With their resources I suspect they'd be back sooner than later though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Pep has been there long enough and is integral enough to them that there is a chance it'll be like when Fergie or Wenger left and they might struggle for a bit. With their resources I suspect they'd be back sooner than later though. 

Yeah there will probably be a dip for sure, but I think with the money behind them they'll just be able to cherry pick another elite manager and carry on better than Utd and Arsenal did

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think the US (and us) provide them with their weapons

Then there are likely invoices available that should make the job easier. No need to send a Hans Blix type person overseas.

• Thanks 1

I went to the Real Madrid game with my Polish friend who is a Man City Fan (he unfortunately has cancer, and I drove him). It's becoming clear, around the away fans / that side of the stadium is there the original Man City fans sit.

The opposite side, where I sat, genuinely; 2/3rds were "tourist fans". A lot of people from different ethnic backgrounds, lot of different languages, many actually supported different clubs. There's a video of Rio Ferdinand doing the round walking into the Etihad with swards of people trying to take a selfie. Years ago, he'd be sneaking in.

As soon as they drop down to 3rd/4th expect their stadium to literally be half empty as those tourist fans will move on. Particularly if Man United get back to their former glories.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

I went to the Real Madrid game with my Polish friend who is a Man City Fan (he unfortunately has cancer, and I drove him). It's becoming clear, around the away fans / that side of the stadium is there the original Man City fans sit.

The opposite side, where I sat, genuinely; 2/3rds were "tourist fans". A lot of people from different ethnic backgrounds, lot of different languages, many actually supported different clubs. There's a video of Rio Ferdinand doing the round walking into the Etihad with swards of people trying to take a selfie. Years ago, he'd be sneaking in.

As soon as they drop down to 3rd/4th expect their stadium to literally be half empty as those tourist fans will move on. Particularly if Man United get back to their former glories.

Unlike Chelsea Man City have  always had a core support. I remember Chelsea getting 4k gates at the bridge but even when city went down to the third tier like us they had good support. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Unlike Chelsea Man City have  always had a core support. I remember Chelsea getting 4k gates at the bridge but even when city went down to the third tier like us they had good support. 

When were the 4k games? I had a Quick Look and the lowest I can find was an attendance of 9k in a game against Coventry in the early 90s, though their average was 19k that season. 

On 18/04/2024 at 10:54, duke313 said:

Whilst I agree, the wailing from the Red Scousers to give the titles to them and Kloppity will be worse the PL will have to give all the points to them drip fed when they need them, almost certainly against us the FA will Chuck in a couple of FA Cups too including a replay of the 2015 semi final in which they will be given a 6 goal lead, if they think that’s enough. Then they’ll replay the final so the BBC  can break the record for Klopping off during a football match with the Slippy G cup final. There’ll be no end to this mess that the PL has started but we should of course be eternally grateful to them for inventing the game in 1992 after the horrors of 1981 and 82 which the BBC will happily cancel and rewrite over a year or two!!

Â