Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

On 09/04/2024 at 16:40, villa4europe said:

The Brazilian they signed from Wolves has about 8 starts to his name 

Takes the piss that they just keep spending hundreds of millions on other PL teams best players that they don't even need 

The league should implement a rule where the higher up you finish, the fewer players you are allowed to sign without selling/letting go of your current squad.

It means more successful clubs can’t stockpile players for the sake of it, and if they do want to improve on their squad, they need to let players go so that other clubs can benefit also…

7 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

The league should implement a rule where the higher up you finish, the fewer players you are allowed to sign without selling/letting go of your current squad.

It means more successful clubs can’t stockpile players for the sake of it, and if they do want to improve on their squad, they need to let players go so that other clubs can benefit also…

I think they've got to do via a team salary cap 

They'll never be able to cap it individually as they'll break all kinds of employment laws and lose out to countries that don't cap it but a team cap should mean that they can't have a guy playing 15 games a season still earning double his wages at Wolves 

They can pay Haaland whatever they want but their 3rd and 4th choice players suffer the consequences 

I think that'll result in youngsters getting more a chance too as they'll be a cheaper option 

• Like 1

They'll just find a way to make the players Abu Dhabi tourism ambassadors or whatever and pay them that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

They'll just find a way to make the players Abu Dhabi tourism ambassadors or whatever and pay them that way.

5 minute appearances at every birthday party in dubai 

• Like 1

The more titles* and trebles* they win, the more ridiculous the whole thing looks so I actually welcome it.

Obviously I don't watch their games, (who wants to watch blatant cheats damage the integrity of our sport whilst directly f****** over our club?) but I also don't consider them to be a valid club. The league has 19 teams and a cheat code, whose wins* don't mean a thing.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The more titles* and trebles* they win, the more ridiculous the whole thing looks so I actually welcome it.

Obviously I don't watch their games, (who wants to watch blatant cheats damage the integrity of our sport whilst directly f****** over our club?) but I also don't consider them to be a valid club. The league has 19 teams and a cheat code, whose wins* don't mean a thing.

I don't mind them keep winning now because they're all null and void anyway, plus I think it's damaging to the PL to have the same winner repeatedly who everyone knows cheated to do it. Arsenal and Liverpool would actually care if they won as well, and we'd never hear the end of it.

• Like 2

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I don't mind them keep winning now because they're all null and void anyway, plus I think it's damaging to the PL to have the same winner repeatedly who everyone knows cheated to do it. Arsenal and Liverpool would actually care if they won as well, and we'd never hear the end of it.

I hope so but something tells me this 3 way race - which once city will pull away with ease and win thanks to their ridiculous depth - will be sold by sky as being incredible 

It was obvious since about November this would happen, the only surprise was how many people doubted it, saka and odegaard are dead on their feet 2nd half, city have silva Grealish and Foden on the bench, exact same as last season 

But then again 4 in a row, first team to do it, how **** incredible is that, if they add another treble what a time to be alive as a football fan 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I hope so but something tells me this 3 way race - which once city will pull away with ease and win thanks to their ridiculous depth - will be sold by sky as being incredible 

It was obvious since about November this would happen, the only surprise was how many people doubted it, saka and odegaard are dead on their feet 2nd half, city have silva Grealish and Foden on the bench, exact same as last season 

But then again 4 in a row, first team to do it, how **** incredible is that, if they add another treble what a time to be alive as a football fan 

They have broke the rules that Everton, Forest and Sheffield have been punished for, the only thing that's incredible is how they have got away with it. In 10 years time the whole lot will be exposed and they will be seen as cheats.

53 minutes ago, tinker said:

They have broke the rules that Everton, Forest and Sheffield have been punished for, the only thing that's incredible is how they have got away with it. In 10 years time the whole lot will be exposed and they will be seen as cheats.

They haven't broken those rules. There's no doubt they're PSR compliant. The question is about the veracity of their historical accounts. 

• Haha 1

Citeh are probably the healthiest club in the league as far as PSR is concerned. 

The problem is, that has come from what they've been charged with, fiddling the books on a grand scale for an extended period, hiding and obscuring spending and obfusticating income. And then not cooperating in the investigation.

This is why they need to be destroyed. The organisation is made of cheating. It's in its very being. Everything it is, is tainted and ill-gotten.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

At some point the figures for the Haaland deal will come out. I suspect it was astronomical and WAY more than is in the public domain. 

Benefits of state ownership, and will never come out to the fullest extent. 

Haaland, his dad and the unrealised sperm in his scrotum will have untold millions tucked away in Abu Dhabi. 
The Premier League has absolutely no way of tracking this. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Citeh are probably the healthiest club in the league as far as PSR is concerned. 

The problem is, that has come from what they've been charged with, fiddling the books on a grand scale for an extended period, hiding and obscuring spending and obfusticating income. And then not cooperating in the investigation.

This is why they need to be destroyed. The organisation is made of cheating. It's in its very being. Everything it is, is tainted and ill-gotten.

That's why they should be boycotted. I couldn't care less how "good" they are.

I wont't be watching videos of Lance Armstrong saying "wow, isn't he good" either. Especially if the rider I support is a few places behind him. Madness how many do though. (Only to point out how boring they are)

I genuinley despise them and it's terrible that they will go on to multiple trebles, breaking every record in football, whilst the laws change in the meantime meaning thye end up with just a fine.

The game is totally broken with them in it and I'm sick of hearing how good they are. Its irrelevant! 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

Pep wearing a £1.1 million pound watch, bet he's paid for that himself!

Their a blot on the landscape of the premier league and I would rather SHA win the league fairly than these sneaking about, with hidden payments , inflated deals and other such bollox. 

It's a travesty against all football fans in the UK and its leaking into Europe as well, disgusting tbh.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Pep wearing a £1.1 million pound watch, bet he's paid for that himself!

Their a blot on the landscape of the premier league and I would rather SHA win the league fairly than these sneaking about, with hidden payments , inflated deals and other such bollox. 

It's a travesty against all football fans in the UK and its leaking into Europe as well, disgusting tbh.

Yep. They are pure scum. Ruining the game we love. And that watch is obscene and just throws it in our faces just how corrupt they are.

Yet I am sure there will be plenty of people happy to watch them again this week, destroying the beautiful game with 2 fingers up at us.

The fact he wore it during a game shows they don't care who knows what they are doing. They aren't even hiding it. I know that prick is rich, but a £1.1 million watch? 

Clearly a "gift" from their wonderful owners. It all stinks.

Edited by GlobalVillan

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. They are pure scum. Ruining the game we love. And that watch is obscene and just throws it in our faces just how corrupt they are.

Yet I am sure there will be plenty of people happy to watch them again this week, destroying the beautiful game with 2 fingers up at us.

The fact he wore it during a game shows they don't care who knows what they are doing. They aren't even hiding it. I know that prick is rich, but a £1.1 million watch? 

Clearly a "gift" from their wonderful owners. It all stinks.

i doubt it, probably got an individual watch sponsorship on the go and they gave him the watch to wear during the game to create a story and free marketing, which by the look of it its done

that's the seemingly weird thing about being rich and famous companies pay you to wear their clobber

Just now, villa4europe said:

i doubt it, probably got an individual watch sponsorship on the go and they gave him the watch to wear during the game to create a story and free marketing, which by the look of it its done

that's the seemingly weird thing about being rich and famous companies pay you to wear their clobber

Gifts like that are common in the Arab world. Especially at that level. 

Also, it's not a watch company sponsorship  there are only 50 of those watches in the world. Its not.one of his sponsors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Gifts like that are common in the Arab world. Especially at that level. 

Also, it's not a watch company sponsorship  there are only 50 of those watches in the world. Its not.one of his sponsors.

doesn't stop it being marketing, especially with the nadal link

not everything has to be the cheating sheiks and ways of sneaking payments to these guys

if man city's owners had promised pep another £1m side payment and in order to avoid FFP they gifted him a watch instead do you really think he'd wear that watch vs real madrid with that global audience?

edit - im not saying for a minute thats not what goes on, it almost definitely does, i bet pep has had guest appearances at several events in Abu Dhabi and none of them for free, i just dont think thats what this watch is

Edited by villa4europe

I’d really like to see supporters at every game they play bringing banners and chants to relentlessly remind them that they are cheats.

They are getting off too easily at the moment. It needs to be tarnished so they are almost embarrassed to win.

• Like 1

Â