Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

See up there, it really wasn't directed at one poster

I really wasn't looking for sympathy

I never gave you any sympathy, just a genuine reaction to your disclosure 

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It was said in jest, hence the sigh comment in brackets next to it. You have pretty much nailed it but one important fact it was her suggestion. 

To any one who has not lived with their partner through a severe menopausal reaction  I suggest they try living through it first rather than making idiotic ill informed judgements. They do not call it the change without good reason

Has she been put on HRT?

My wife has been on HRT since a hysterectomy many years ago and let's just say the only reason we don't have "any" is because she's knackered after spending 10 hours in a school full of noisy **** kids ;)

38 minutes ago, MCU said:

Apologies for hijacking and bringing the discussion down a peg or two but how long into meeting your partner did they tell you they loved you (or vice versa) ? 🤔 Asking for a friend.

Couple of weeks - ish.

1 hour ago, MCU said:

Apologies for hijacking and bringing the discussion down a peg or two but how long into meeting your partner did they tell you they loved you (or vice versa) ? 🤔 Asking for a friend.

Don't you have to say this to get the green light most times?

1 hour ago, MCU said:

If it was the Spanish waitress serving me my full English this morning, then about an hour! 😍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

If it was the Spanish waitress serving me my full English this morning, then about an hour! 😍

Now that does sound interesting. Tell me more... 

Spoiler

How many rashers? Sausages as well? Runny eggs or hard? Tomatoes? Black pudding? Hash browns or toast? 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Now that does sound interesting. Tell me more... 

Hide contents

How many rashers? Sausages as well? Runny eggs or hard? Tomatoes? Black pudding? Hash browns or toast? 

Two deliciously succulent.... sausages! :D 

Crispy bacon (my fave), hash browns, toast, egg (not too runny but not hard), mushrooms, fresh tomato and beans.... served in a pot, naturally. 

Fresh OJ and a cappuccino. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

My mate's nephew is Spanish and once brought over his stunning girlfriend to visit England. We all went to dinner one night and it was all I could do just to keep my gaze from her amazing "everything". Anyway, during the evening she must've kicked off at the poor lad 6 times, in company and then 5 minutes later she was all lovey dovey with him....then off she'd go again, raging about something in a language spoken at 1000 mph. He is the most placid lad I have ever known and speaks great English. He apologised later and semi joked that his missus - out of 4 sisters - was considered the quiet one !!

Latina Chicas.....you have been warned 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCU said:

about 3 years!! we just took it as read that we did and that it went without saying!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A clearly relevant article, maybe, yeehaw!

'Most Dangerous' Sex Position That Could Leave Penis 'Looking Like Aubergine' Revealed by Doctor"

"If there is any erratic thrusting or if the movements of the two parties are not in sync, it could lead to the male jabberwocky slipping out and be crushed by the female pubic bone," he said, pointing out that penises can break despite being boneless."

https://sputniknews.com/20211007/most-dangerous-sex-position-that-could-leave-penis-looking-like-aubergine-revealed-by-doctor-1089748215.html

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I'm told this is the place to rant, so if it's not it's their fault. meh. I am of an age (51) where I'm looking for a relationship, not a quick shag. 

Things that piss me off on dating profiles:

Duckface. Really? I mean, really? 

One photo. That's it? Often includes duckface. 

Filters on photos. If you're an 'influencer' then go ahead be as fake as you like, but if you want to meet someone? Nope. Red flag. Next. 

Multiple photos that are essentially all the same. No explanation needed. 

Multiple photos that are all selfies. Tells me that your have no friends. Next. 

Empty description. For ****'s sake, you're about 50 and are trying to find a partner based on looks? Makes things easier for me, as I prefer someone who has evolved since their twenties. Next. 

Snapchat filters. I'm not ten years old. Stop it.

Sunglasses. In. Every. ****. Photo. 

"Just ask me" as the entire text of their profile. Er, how about no? I'll swipe left and try and find someone who's prepared to make an effort. 

No children info. Kind of important don't you think? 

No location info. As above. You seem great, but I'd really like to know that you don't live on the other side of the world.

I think that's it for my whinging about profiles. I'll save my whinges about the apps for another time. 

Mate, I’m glad I’m married. None of this existed when I met my missus, I don’t know if I could be arsed with it all if we were to ever split up. 

Hahaha definitely encountered most if not all of those. In addition -

You see some profiles which are literally pictures of sunsets and/or “inspirational” quotes.

A lot of women seem to think that selfies taken posed in front of a mirror in the ladies toilets is a good photo. Bonus point if there’s a stall door open and a toilet is visible. Sexy.

Pictures that are of their pets, not them. I’m fine with a picture of her with her dog, that’s ok. But the sheer amount of people who use up a photo space with a picture of just an animal.

The opposite of too many selfies - too many group photos. The amount of profiles which have their first three pictures as a bunch of friends and I’m left guessing whose profile it is. Also, and this is going to be a bit shallow of me, if the first picture is of two women, one I fancy more than the other, and I scroll down the profile and it transpires that the profile doesn’t belong to the woman I fancy… you are setting yourself up for a fall. I have a taller, more objectively handsome mate. He does not appear in my profile pictures.

A lot of women (and from what I can gather, a fair few men) use the pineapple on pizza debate as an ice breaker. Stop.

There’s a few too many who don’t want to match with anyone who’s been vaccinated.

People who have put “conservative” in their bio.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There’s a few too many who don’t want to match with anyone who’s been vaccinated.

People who have put “conservative” in their bio.

to be fair, i'd like to see that were i to be on the dating scene again. anti vaxxers and tories would be an immediate swipe left/right (whichever the reject side is)

• Like 3

I suppose its all about honesty and clarity. 

I swipe left (i.e. no) on Tories, non vaccinated, Dubai fans, reiki or other pseudo scientific bullshit, too far away. Please, I want to know up front, I don't want to be guessing, wasting my time and yours. 

My pal is always on the dating apps, kinda does it for a living, got some right stories. His latest one he didn't get to meet, lucky for him. But she was bonkers antivaxer, had just 1 child, apparently adopted from a lesbian relationship. Ohh, an apparently she drove but has never passed her test??

Â