Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Living on your own is great especially if living in a city centre, always something to do if you're bored, watch what you want, drink what you want, listen to whatever music you want at whatever volume, eat what you want, have no one questioning you why you're getting fat.... 

.... Hmmm.. Maybe I need to move out. 

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Living on your own is great especially if living in a city centre, always something to do if you're bored, watch what you want, drink what you want, listen to whatever music you want at whatever volume, eat what you want, have no one questioning you why you're getting fat.... 

.... Hmmm.. Maybe I need to move out. 

Plenty of call girls that are based in the centre too. 

I lived on my own for 4 years, it was boring.

I like spending all my time with the other half, we get on very well. We'd have to really, as I'm not exactly normal ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Question. Is it worth divorcing my wife for never drying up? I am considering it. She leaves washing up on the drainer on the rare times she does it. 

I do that. Why would I waste my time drying the dishes when they dry themselves if you leave them?

• Like 1

I was really against the idea of getting a dishwasher when the other half suggested it, but I have no idea why looking back, I haven't washed up in years.

It was just like that film Beethoven, but instead of a St. Bernard it was a dishwasher.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Question. Is it worth divorcing my wife for never drying up? I am considering it. She leaves washing up on the drainer on the rare times she does it. 

Its far more hygienic to let them air dry. I never, ever dry them.

I don't like the water marks left on things after they've 'air dried'. Especially on my precious knives. But then, we have particularly hard water (if you want a cup of tea without a layer of scum on top, you have to filter it, for example) where I am. I will always dry things up after washing up, the girly will not. I find it annoying too.

I wouldn't really mind the not drying and putting away thing if the items were properly washed up in the first place. The amount of things I have to reject after inspecting and wash up again myself, honestly, it is a nightmare.

• Like 1

When I move in with her I specifically told her she can do what she pleases but I want one room for me to be my man cave. So I can chill out or play computer (esp now as she is getting me a switch for my bday) 

Might as well take advantage of the extra rooms until we have kids 

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I was really against the idea of getting a dishwasher when the other half suggested it, but I have no idea why looking back, I haven't washed up in years.

It was just like that film Beethoven, but instead of a St. Bernard it was a dishwasher.

Wait, people still clean their own cutlery? why would anyone not get a dishwasher? you can buy them on finance so it cant be cost. lack of space? nostalgia?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zak said:

Wait, people still clean their own cutlery? why would anyone not get a dishwasher? you can buy them on finance so it cant be cost. lack of space? nostalgia?

i think it doesn't clean as well as hand wash personally! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

i think it doesn't clean as well as hand wash personally! 

That's true, those things stay in the machine for round 2.

I think there's a lasagne dish currently in ours on about round 6.

• Haha 1

Â