Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I feel your pain. My wife is terrible when she drinks too much. Sick, pissing the bed, losing stuff, and just damn right annoying. She's never back when she says she's going to be back, and the amount of times she's had me up in the early hours because she's conked out at her mates, but I didn't know.

Don't you like that?:P

26 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I never venture into this thread but I just looked at the title and it got me to remembering Irreverentad, such a good lad he was, I don't think anything ever pissed him off or got to him, all the way to the end he always seemed like he was in good spirits didn't he.

Yeah he was a good lad and his attitude was spot on. I'm not sure I would have been so positive if it was me in that situation. 

We've lost some good people on here at young ages :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I never venture into this thread but I just looked at the title and it got me to remembering Irreverentad, such a good lad he was, I don't think anything ever pissed him off or got to him, all the way to the end he always seemed like he was in good spirits didn't he.

I shared a few pm's with him right up to the end, amazing how positive he was and would never complain about the cards he was dealt.

I remember he told me how he'd been really ill and couldn't get onto VT as much as he'd like to but had ordered an iPad so he could check the forum from his bed. If I'm honest I think he went before the iPad arrived. :(

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You think they ever come off? After the hair straightener story?

That was hilarious, less so for the fact he buggered her with them, more so because she forgot/didn't realise until she used them the next day and enquiried about the smell of toasted poo :crylaugh: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Yeah he was a good lad and his attitude was spot on. I'm not sure I would have been so positive if it was me in that situation. 

We've lost some good people on here at young ages :(

Yes he was, miss the guy on here. We've lost a few, probably more than we know. For a while I kept checking his profile to see if he logged in or posted, never happened. Gutting.

• Sad 1

Paddy and Ad were two brilliantly intelligent and funny posters.

Funnily enough I thought about paddy in the car on the way home as I passed VP on the m6 south.  Absolutely no idea why he popped up in my head, and I never met him, barely even spoke to him (was more a lurker at the time) but i remember them both quite vividly.

The brain has some weird sorting office thing going on.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's weird, losing 'internet friends'. I've lost a couple of people who I'd consider great friends who I only ever met a handful of times. One I met three times, but ended up travelling to Sweden for his funeral.

It's almost worse when people just disappear, and you suspect the worst, but will never know. There's a guy on my Battle.Net/Steam friends list who I spoke to for hours almost every night for 4-5 years when we played World of Warcraft together. He knew me better than my family, we talked about absolutely everything. One day we were dicking around ingame, the next he didn't log in. He's not been back in 2 years. I like to think that one day he might log back in and talk about the crazy stuff that's been happening in his life.

Yeah I know what you mean. Before the days of Facebook when MSN Messenger was my social media, I used to spend hours on there every night chatting to people that I had first connected with on different forums and messageboards. One girl I chatted to for about 2 years and although we never met we used to confide in each other about loads of things. One day she suddenly stopped logging on and that was it. 

Have fond memories of the instant messaging days... online seemed a friendlier place back then. 

Its stuff like Ad passing that makes me wish I was more confident in meeting some of you guys. He was such a great chap. I've had the opportunity a few times to meet a few fellow VT'ers but got cold feet when it came to it. Life's too short.

49 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Its stuff like Ad passing that makes me wish I was more confident in meeting some of you guys. He was such a great chap. I've had the opportunity a few times to meet a few fellow VT'ers but got cold feet when it came to it. Life's too short.

You can say that again

• Like 1

I weren't a poster on here when paddy and Ad were on here, but the few times they have been mentioned they have always been spoken highly of. I've lost touch with a lot of my mates, and to be fair I'm easy about it tbf. Although I don't see some childhood friends often I still have a place in my heart for them. I talk to you lot more than I do anyone else. Some great people on here.

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm the same mate. I'm not very confident regarding meeting new people. If I've got a drink in me then I'm fine. I don't know, when I'm aloud back at the footy and if I can keep on the straight and narrow and sort myself out it would be nice having a pint or two with some of you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Genie said:

That was hilarious, less so for the fact he buggered her with them, more so because she forgot/didn't realise until she used them the next day and enquiried about the smell of toasted poo :crylaugh: 

Yep, they were stinking for a week and she was even doing her hair with them :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â