Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

I need to get back in the dating game. I went out Friday night with a big group from work but was thinking i'd have a crafty look at what the talent is saying in the pubs and bars we went in. My my, its a scary world out there now! I used to approach women easily back when I was younger as that was generally the only way you would get chatting to new people. Nowadays most people seem to meet online. Does anyone chat anyone up now in bars or is that seen as a bit outdated and 'odd' now?

I think its all down to a lack of confidence in myself. I keep meaning to get myself set up on Tinder or a dating site but never do as I always think any picture of me makes me look like a cross between a child killer and a simpleton. *Sigh*

It's difficult mate. 

A few months ago I was in a bar/club and my, admittedly pissed, recollection is this lovely looking girl was practically beckoning me to join her on the dance floor.

Now I might have misremembered it, or she may have just meant it in a "stop standing there and dance" kinda way. Whether she did or not, I massively bottled it. My current situation means I couldn't do anything anyway. But I distinctly remember thinking to myself "you have literally no idea what you're doing". 

Probably for the best in the end, however I will find it tricky, if/when I decide to try again. 

I would say that, yes people still meet each other in bars, pubs etc. That's my hope anyway. I think you just somehow orchestrate it so you end up chatting to them. I've found that if I'm prepared to look like a bit of a dick (not too much of stretch for me there), and not taken myself too seriously there's a fair chance I'll end up chatting to them later. As long as I've somehow stood out. 

None of your mates' girlfriends/wives have any single friends? I know I've suggested speeding dating to you before, as you had a good experience previously, not interested? Might be the confidence booster you need, a little warm up for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I need to get back in the dating game. I went out Friday night with a big group from work but was thinking i'd have a crafty look at what the talent is saying in the pubs and bars we went in. My my, its a scary world out there now! I used to approach women easily back when I was younger as that was generally the only way you would get chatting to new people. Nowadays most people seem to meet online. Does anyone chat anyone up now in bars or is that seen as a bit outdated and 'odd' now?

I think its all down to a lack of confidence in myself. I keep meaning to get myself set up on Tinder or a dating site but never do as I always think any picture of me makes me look like a cross between a child killer and a simpleton. *Sigh*

Yep it's a very scary world. And tinder doesn't help your confidence. Some people find it easy, but for me it just knock my confidence more. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Surely the best way to 'present' yourself to the next Mrs Xela would be to stride up to that bitch and tell her you have 10 thousand likes on a football forum but only 12 thousand posts.

If she looks confused or pitying then just chin her and onto the next bitch.

Thats what I did (post/like count altered obviously), and look at me now!

Surely a volley to the jaw is the preferred VT method of attack, on confused young ladies?

Of course. when they realise you have more likes than posts, they drop them straight away, and demand DHUTWU.

• Like 1

Anyone ever been with a girl who through no fault of her own gets a lot of male attention? Its a potential confidence shatterer for me as I'm quite down on myself looks wise and she is quite a stunning girl to me. I know every girl gets their fair share of blokes trying it on but I think its a daily occurrence for her. Not sure if I'll be able to handle it tbh, think over time it would wear me down.

Edited by Ingram85

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Anyone ever been with a girl who through no fault of her own gets a lot of male attention? Its a potential confidence shatterer for me as I'm quite down on myself looks wise and she is quite a stunning girl to me. I know every girl gets their fair share of blokes trying it on but I think its a daily occurrence for her. Not sure if I'll be able to handle it tbh, think over time it would wear me down.

Get yerself one of these...

e32372e251dc870ff627173aa5c7c4f1.jpeg

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I am quite a confident guy but even i find the initial approach a bit challenging as you tend to overthink things if you get rejected but if you just dont even think about what COULD happen and just do it usually works.

If you approach 20 girls and 19 reject you and go home with one its still success and you will forget about the other 19.

Personally I dont like approaching in clubs, I find it the worst, think its easier in a place where you have a mutual interest. For example I did Greek dancing classes a few years ago and it was quite a social event where people were friendly and you could strike up convos easily. Start with something like that to begin with.

Also another bit of advice (this might sound lame) but if you have difficulty chatting to attractive girls/striking up a convo. Go to a supermarket and at the tills go to to the hottest girl there and when she scanning your shopping just strike up a convo. They have to be polite to you and I cant say this doesn't help with your conversation with attractive women .  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just punch any bloke who gets within a 5 yard radius of the two of you.

They'll soon stop, and she'll think you're sexy as **** as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

One thing mate, dont let a woman know you feel like this. They will think your not confident, insecure and they are above you. You are the man. She is lucky to be with you just as much as you are with her. 

My missus is attractive and gets a lot of attention but why I look at it unlucky schmucks she is with me you cant look as much as you want but she going home with me :) 

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Yea, I can imagine why you'd think that..

:detect:

:trollface:

18 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Yes, the only choice is to dump her, as I did.

It's been 10 years, and I have not had sex once...but I think we can all agree I made the correct decision!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 20:40, lapal_fan said:

Surely the best way to 'present' yourself to the next Mrs Xela would be to stride up to that bitch and tell her you have 10 thousand likes on a football forum but only 12 thousand posts.

If she looks confused or pitying then just chin her and onto the next bitch.

Thats what I did (post/like count altered obviously), and look at me now!

That is usually my opening gambit mate. I print off my profile stats, add my MSN Messenger address to it and slip it into the cleavage of the lucky lady

Then I wait...

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Yep. You just have to let it wash over you. If a girl is gorgeous then it'll happen to her every day. Somehow I have dated a couple of absolute stunners in my life, god know how, it proves women must be less shallow then men! One of them, if we were out drinking in a bar/club and I went for a piss, I could guarantee there would be a bloke trying to chat her up by the time I came out. We just used to laugh about. One of the times it was a Villa player... and he tried it on twice in one evening! 

On 8/2/2017 at 20:21, Shropshire Lad said:

It's difficult mate. 

A few months ago I was in a bar/club and my, admittedly pissed, recollection is this lovely looking girl was practically beckoning me to join her on the dance floor.

Now I might have misremembered it, or she may have just meant it in a "stop standing there and dance" kinda way. Whether she did or not, I massively bottled it. My current situation means I couldn't do anything anyway. But I distinctly remember thinking to myself "you have literally no idea what you're doing". 

Probably for the best in the end, however I will find it tricky, if/when I decide to try again. 

I would say that, yes people still meet each other in bars, pubs etc. That's my hope anyway. I think you just somehow orchestrate it so you end up chatting to them. I've found that if I'm prepared to look like a bit of a dick (not too much of stretch for me there), and not taken myself too seriously there's a fair chance I'll end up chatting to them later. As long as I've somehow stood out. 

None of your mates' girlfriends/wives have any single friends? I know I've suggested speeding dating to you before, as you had a good experience previously, not interested? Might be the confidence booster you need, a little warm up for you.

Speed dating! I did have some success at that... but I was 12 years younger and could still squeeze into 28" waist jeans back then! Could still be an option.

I'm trying to avoid friends of friends or work colleagues. I know it sounds odd but i'd rather meet someone who isn't connected to my current life if that makes sense. 

Anyway...

AdAHMHa.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yep. You just have to let it wash over you. If a girl is gorgeous then it'll happen to her every day. Somehow I have dated a couple of absolute stunners in my life, god know how, it proves women must be less shallow then men! One of them, if we were out drinking in a bar/club and I went for a piss, I could guarantee there would be a bloke trying to chat her up by the time I came out. We just used to laugh about. One of the times it was a Villa player... and he tried it on twice in one evening! 

Go on then? Lee Hendrie is my guess?

• Like 1

Â