The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Just watched wolves on MOTD.

I am pretty sure we have a better squad of players than wolves. but wolves found themselves 0-1 - but then came at sunderland - the crowd responded ...and won 2-1 - ok its sunderland not manu - but had we gone 0-1 down to sunderland .....would we have responed in such a way ?.....

You obviously have a VERY short memory as it was only a few weeks ago we did exactly the same against Norwich.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most disheartening thing though is seeing Sunderland unveling MON as their new manager, what a step up from Bruce.

It's like seeing an ex with a new bloke. Although in this instance you know the new bloke is a fat retard with a tiny cock.

Couldn't agree more. If we keep playing like we do I can see Sunderland coming to VP and smashing us off the park. Ultimate mockery and embarrassment.

I sold my ticket for Saturday, luckily for me, because I was away. Still watched it on TV in a bar though and I have to say that was probably the most boring, anti-football game I've seen us play. What the actual hell did we do in that game that made United think 'Shit, we better step it up a gear here'. It was a training session for them. Even when we went 1 down we kept the same shape. 1 up front chasing shadows. Every other player behind the ball getting scared every time a Utd player was running at them.

There's a few Man Utd fans at work, one hates Villa, says how negative we play all the while to which I respond with an insult or some sort. Y'know, usual armchair supporters. So I'll be going in today getting pelted with grief. I deserve it though, I try and pick out our positives on the field but now I'm losing hope.

Do the right thing McLeish, for the sake of everybody...

I can't work out if we were worse on Saturday or against Spurs a couple of weeks ago?

Either way 2 of the shittest games of football we have ever played. Good job McLeish, you're doing a cracking job.

we were worse vs utd IMO, they werent very good, probably go as far as to say they were there for the taking, whereas spurs really werent and you can blame the formation on us not knowing what we were doing whereas on saturday we had on paper a good balanced team

add to that after 2 very poor away performances in front of our biggest crowd this season to play that bad again is worse, not turning up once is bad, not turning up 3 games on the bounce is shocking

Bolton are abysmal at the moment in shocking form worse than us.

Expect us to roll over and give them an easy ride though we are villa after all with this clown in charge

I cant imagine a more boring game at the moment don't think ill bother watching

Boring boring villa

McLeish says he isn't a quitter.

I'd say that playing his brand of dull, negative, defensive anti-football for damage limitation rather than go for the win in games like the Spurs game is the very definition of quitting.

McLeish is a dull, negative QUITTER.

McLeish says he isn't a quitter.

I'd say that playing his brand of dull, negative, defensive anti-football for damage limitation rather than go for the win in games like the Spurs game is the very definition of quitting.

McLeish is a dull, negative QUITTER.

He also quit his job as Blues manager.

My bro is a blue nose and he just sent me this message...

Blues Last season:

After playing 14 games we sat 13th, won 3, drawn 7 and lost 4. Goal difference -2.

Villa This season

After the weekend, Vile have played 14 and sit 9th, won 3, drawn 7 and lost 4. Goal difference -2.

Depressing :cry:

Blues Last season:

After playing 14 games we sat 13th, won 3, drawn 7 and lost 4. Goal difference -2.

Villa This season

After the weekend, Vile have played 14 and sit 9th, won 3, drawn 7 and lost 4. Goal difference -2.

My father is a bluenose too so I can empathise with you.

I've always been in the give McLeish time camp but **** it, I can't take this crap anymore. This isn't even football. It's just 'keep the other team's score as low as possible'. Reminds me of the gutless performances under Houllier. But at least then we were trying to put passes together, even if no more than 2 in a row came off. At least we could see something waa being done for the long run.

Blues Last season:

Villa This season

Are you Gary Gardner? :suspect:

Just checked back for the 1986-87 season when we got relegated.

By the first week in december we had played 18 games, Won 5, Drew 3, 10 Losses. Scored 22 conceded 38.

This year we are obviously not losing as many but we are drawing far to many.

Football is shocking, I don't know if it's tactical or he just doesn't know how to manage but it's emberassing to see the ball go back to the goalkeeper and absolutely no options of a short ball to play from the back. Then when we do kick it, Bent is isolated, no players running off him or close to him, makes little sense.

When Given gets the ball, full backs should be hugging the touchline, Centre backs dropping deep and wide looking to get on the ball and a central midfielder dropping deep central to try and play. If the ball isn't on and the opposition does well to close the angles, then push everyone up and narrow and kick long. I don't mind that, because at least you see we're trying to play out from the back but just being denied. At the moment, we don't even try, the CB looks at the keeper, keeper squeezes them up and we inevitably lose the ball, it's woeful. Made worse by the fact we have 3 central midfielders, two of which are very good footballers which makes it all the more baffling we aren't trying to play from the back in our last game. We had the extra man in midfield, we needed to make it count, instead we missed out the midfield entirely and allowed United to control the game so comfortably. If we are going to play long, direct like we did, at least stick two up top and play off the first ball.

The lack of width is frustrating as well, especially when we had Albrighton. Watching United, even when they had the ball on the left, you'd see Valencia stretching the pitch on the right, allowing more space in the central areas and when the gaps centrally are closed down with the full backs tucking in, then they get the ball wide and move you around the pitch. We make it so easy to defend against playing as narrow as we do. From the goal kicks if we chose to go long, then yeah, go narrow because most likely the ball is going to be heading into central areas but as soon as the ball is in play, with a Villa shirt, One of the wingers at the very least has to hug the touchline and surely that's what 4-5-1 allows? if Albrighton is caught out because he's so far high and wide and United break with Evra, then we have the extra man in midfield to come and cover across.

The full backs rarely get forward into positions, both Hutton and Warnock support the wingers but considering how narrow we play, how many times have you seen the full backs get on the overlap in the space and deliver a good cross from the byline? all the crossing areas were 10 yards outside the box, fairly narrow positions, never really going to trouble any half decent back line unless you're full backs suddenly can whip in a ball like Beckham.

Those are just a few things from the United game and I wasn't even paying attention to minor details. all major flaws in possession and our attacking play IMO.

My father is a bluenose too so I can empathise with you.

We all sympathise with you though....

"My father is a bluenose" ......shudder.

Yea, he used to take me to the sty when I was a toddler but I saw the light and went to VP as soon as I was old enough to go on my own.

Â