The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The best part of yesterday's game was watching Collins running around with one boot on and one boot in his hand. At one point it looked as though he was sniffing it!

I bought my season ticket to watch football but I realise that Villa are never going to play any under McLeish so I have to find other entertainment during the 90 boring, dull minutes.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking at the game, McLiesh is finally listening to us, dropping Hesky and playing Albrighton. He set up a good team, probably the strongest this season. But how he played them was an utter disgrace. A quality midfield in my eyes, but never seen past the half way line. His tactics are truely woeful. He set up a strong team only to let them stay much to deep. He was screaming at the players to get back all the time, no wonder they dont wanna go forward. In reality our team is no worst than Newcastle, but the way we set up is an utter crime.

MC LEISH OUT! It will get no better, get the banners out now, boycot a game, he needs to go!!!

Its proof it was never about him being Blues manager, it was about him playing shite football. Lerner and co should have listened to the fans, you have been proven wrong, you should be very embarrassed about the appointment you fools!!!

As much as I was against his appointment like everyone else, the bloke had to be given a chance. Its not even Xmas yet but its already blindingly obvious that he's every bit as crap as we all thought he'd be.

Lerner and that idiotic, steaming turd Faulkner made a truly terrible decision. Or did they? From their point of view, they have the ultimate "yes" man who is more than happy to aid them in achieving their goal of mediocrity whilst they balance the books. A man who couldn't care less that he has no money to spend and who can't believe his luck that he's managing at a club like Villa. And also a man who takes a great deal of the heat off themselves due to the fans almost unanimous hatred towards him.

I fail to see what McLeish even gets out of being a manager (other than a huge pay packet obviously). He plays the worst brand of football imaginable, constantly has the fans on his back and doesn't seem to be a motivator or man manager in any way. No one likes him and he surely knows it. The entire footballing world looks down on his style of play but he's either too incompetent or too damn stubborn to try and change that perception. He is a man devoid of ambition and he sets his teams up with the exact same mentality.

If only he had it in him to prove us all wrong. But we all know that he hasn't. I hate protests and booing but we're going to be seeing a hell of a lot of that in the months to come.

For Christ sake Eck, just go

I tried to stay optimistic when mcleish was appointed and I thought rather naively perhaps that he could do a similar job to o'neill in terms of sorting the defence out and pulling out 1-0 wins.

But AM isn't fit to brush o'neill's teeth. I know it sounds harsh and irrelevant but I can't decide who would win in an ugly competition, his face or his style of football. I just can't stick the man, for one I can't shake off his past with birmingham and I just can't stand his ethos. The man is quickly dragging the whole club down and people I talk to once again think villa are a joke. All the work done in the previous five years has been demolished in 5 months.

It makes me really sad when I think about it, I'll often YouTube the glory days with young and Milner and I did not appreciate it enough. The thing is when I watch them I feel completely detached from villa and it feels like I'm watching as a neutral. And I shock myself because I used to watch villa and feel completely emotionally drained after it, and it would also dictate my whole mood for the week!

Right now I find myself watching the arsenal games and showing more desire to see them win, I love the way they play, a complete dichotomy of how villa play currently. I just can't wait till AM is gone I'm completely baffled by randys judgement right now, he surely must be trying to sell the club. And seeing O'neill on sky just at the Sunderland game really rubs salt in the wound.

My dad says that as a player AM was a rough thug just like Alan Hutton is, and I can really see this in the way he sets up the team. He's slowly turning us into a scummy team like the blues. It is an actually nightmare right now and I can't believe people are paying to watch this utter dross.

In AM I HATE

In Randy I'm DiSALLUSIONED

Am not going to defend McLeish but is it me or are some of our players cowards.

Everytime we get a throw-in their isnt any options for the thrower and then yesterday Gabby had ball on left wing about 15 minutes to go and surrounded by 5 United players and no Villa player wanted it and closest player was 15 yards away doing his laces

As with the manager being useless, there is a lack of bottle in the team imo. It's part of the reason we concede so many late goals when we're winning, there's no one on the pitch to lead by example either to organise us vocally or drive us on, Milner and NRC were both very good at those two qualities.

I left just before half time yestersday , never done that before .

To watch my beloved team not compete and to see good players reduced to that was heartbreaking.

That man is slowly killing us , he has taken my hope away and made me not look forward to watching us.

1979 was my first match , ive watched crap , ive seen greatness .

Up the villa , mcleish out p.s i was one of the minority willing to support him , dear god.

I was always willing to give McLeish time. I mean he did win the League Cup with that lot and despite being lucky it was still a good achievement. He seems like nice enough guy but still not too nice to be a manager.

But the football we've been playing (or lack off it rather) is mind numbingly depressing and the results are crap as well. The thing is he will never change the way he sets his teams up and so why should we give him anymore time? Does anyone really believe that he will suddenly just change his mind and start trying to play football? I don't.

I actually feel sorry for the fans that pay good money to go to matches and have to watch that shit. Something has to change and change FAST. The only way he'll go is if the fans let Randy know that this can't continue with empty seats to send a message.

While totally against his appointment, Iwas also prepared to give McLeish a chance, but the way he set up the team at Spuds and yesterday proves what we knew all along - the guy is a fecking eejit who should be nowhere near our football club. He needs to be sacked before he takes us down

Watching Villa now feels the same as watching us under the lowest points of O'Leary's reign. Inept, clueless, and just hoping for a result. We have the best poacher in the business right now, a player in the Gary Lineker mould and we use him as a bloody target man. We have ahsit clogger at right-back and a centre-half he has clearly been told to hoof it to Bent every time he gets the ball.

Mcleish is out of his dept hand must go. I, like many others didn't want him,hated his past associations, but was ready to give him time as a winning Villa is what we all want. But performances like yesterday are not in isolation, Tottenham, QPR, Bolton, Wolves, Albion in the 2nd half etc was the writing starting to adorn the wall.

We as fans have a duty to our club and have to try and force lerner's hand and make him know that we don't want this shitehawk anymore, the club can't afford to keep him as he is taking us down.

I personally would go for Paul Lambert as I think he is a manager with a great future. But as it stands McLeish must go.

I'm in the 'fortunate' position to be able to have a season ticket for me and my son. But if I was someone who was just able to pick and choose, there would be no way I'd waste my money whilst this negative minge is in charge.

I've just paid another £24 for my 8 year old daughter to come to the Liverpool fixture.

What a prat I am

On the subject of attendances yesterdays was surprisingly high or at least surprisingly hight to me I expected it to be a few thousand lower. I guess though it will have been inflated by Man Utd fans around the ground plus those people who look to attend games over this time of year.

We are in a little phase of playing the 'big' team's at home at the moment I can't help but wonder had we played them earlier and we were now playing the likes of Wigan what the impact McLeish's brand of 'football' would be having.

Once we reach January if results go as most predict during the next month I get the feeling we will perhaps find out.

Just watched wolves on MOTD.

I am pretty sure we have a better squad of players than wolves. but wolves found themselves 0-1 - but then came at sunderland - the crowd responded ...and won 2-1 - ok its sunderland not manu - but had we gone 0-1 down to sunderland .....would we have responed in such a way ?.....

Â