The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice breakdown POB, its really just basic tactical flaws isn't it. God knows what happens at Bodymoor.

Even more frustrating we play so narrow when our most natural goalscorer at the club in years absolutely thrives of wide service into the box.

8 out of the 13 goals (open play) he's scored for Villa have come from crosses into the box. It's not as if the service isn't there because quality isn't good enough, it's sheer tactical in my opinion.

We're not playing to any of our strong points, arguably our biggest strong point, Darren Bent.

He needs to go. He is one of the worst Premiership managers in history and he will take us down. Even his success in the league cup was jammy...

Round 2 - SHA 3 - 2 Rochdale

Round 3 - SHA 3 - 1 MK Dons

Round 4 - SHA 1 -1 Brentford (4-3 PENS)

Round 5 - SHA 2 - 1 The Mighty Villa

Semi - SHA 4 - 3 West Ham (After 2 Legs)

Final - SHA 2 - 1 Arsenal (AET) - After a **** ridiculous cock up by Scezney Hawkes.

The same season he got SHA relegated playing better football than we are now. Get him out of our club now. It's ridiculous he even got an interview, but we paid £5m for him and are paying him £3m a year for 3 **** years. Faulkner needs to be bukkake'd for this outrage.

Football is shocking, I don't know if it's tactical or he just doesn't know how to manage but it's emberassing to see the ball go back to the goalkeeper and absolutely no options of a short ball to play from the back. Then when we do kick it, Bent is isolated, no players running off him or close to him, makes little sense.

When Given gets the ball, full backs should be hugging the touchline, Centre backs dropping deep and wide looking to get on the ball and a central midfielder dropping deep central to try and play. If the ball isn't on and the opposition does well to close the angles, then push everyone up and narrow and kick long. I don't mind that, because at least you see we're trying to play out from the back but just being denied. At the moment, we don't even try, the CB looks at the keeper, keeper squeezes them up and we inevitably lose the ball, it's woeful. Made worse by the fact we have 3 central midfielders, two of which are very good footballers which makes it all the more baffling we aren't trying to play from the back in our last game. We had the extra man in midfield, we needed to make it count, instead we missed out the midfield entirely and allowed United to control the game so comfortably. If we are going to play long, direct like we did, at least stick two up top and play off the first ball.

The lack of width is frustrating as well, especially when we had Albrighton. Watching United, even when they had the ball on the left, you'd see Valencia stretching the pitch on the right, allowing more space in the central areas and when the gaps centrally are closed down with the full backs tucking in, then they get the ball wide and move you around the pitch. We make it so easy to defend against playing as narrow as we do. From the goal kicks if we chose to go long, then yeah, go narrow because most likely the ball is going to be heading into central areas but as soon as the ball is in play, with a Villa shirt, One of the wingers at the very least has to hug the touchline and surely that's what 4-5-1 allows? if Albrighton is caught out because he's so far high and wide and United break with Evra, then we have the extra man in midfield to come and cover across.

The full backs rarely get forward into positions, both Hutton and Warnock support the wingers but considering how narrow we play, how many times have you seen the full backs get on the overlap in the space and deliver a good cross from the byline? all the crossing areas were 10 yards outside the box, fairly narrow positions, never really going to trouble any half decent back line unless you're full backs suddenly can whip in a ball like Beckham.

Those are just a few things from the United game and I wasn't even paying attention to minor details. all major flaws in possession and our attacking play IMO.

Good post. Similar to stuff I've been saying since the SPurs game (see my piece on the front page, for example)

Against United the formation was fine, I thought, on paper.

But in practise it lost any resemblance to 4-3-3 and ecame a deep 4-5-1.

Watch any of the United game again and you'll see that as soon as a United player got the ball, Gabby and Albrighton dropped deep and marked United's wingers. That shouldn't happen! Our fullbacks should mark their wingers and our wingers should mark their fullbacks.

It meant we had 2 fullbacks doing nothign unless our wingers were beaten. I think this could be part of the reason Warnock and hutton looked decent on the weekend.

But as you touched on, it meant our fullbacks never got forward.

What it also meant was any time we did get the ball, our wingers were so deep that they couldn't support the attack, and we had the increasingly familiar situation of Darren Bent getting the ball hoofed to him and havign no-one to support him within about 50 yards of him.

Again, as you touched on, our wingers weren't able to add any width to the attack.

After Spurs I was calling for an attacking CM to be put in there with Herd and Petrov (at the time) which is what we got against United.

But again, because of our deep lying wingers being out of the game, it was easy for United to nullify any threat that attacking CM provided.

I can understand people not liking his football, but the personal abuse is laughable. Clearly everyone on here that calls him a word removed or whatever knows the bloke very well.

Agreed.

The Mc*insert expletive* trend is embarassing

Faulkner needs to be bukkake'd for this outrage.

I'll gladly donate.

Looking at the picture of PF above he'll gladly accept it too.

On a serious note I do not believe personal insults to AMC should be made. However, as a manager he is **** awful.

Nice guy, shit manager.

If AM thought he could turn things round then this post could be the nail in his coffin! :lol:

Those of you who've read (and probably got annoyed at) my relentlessly positive posts, will be surprised to hear that even I've had enough. I still think that we have a decent squad, and a well meaning if sometimes misguided owner .... BUT!

I've always said that win, lose or draw, as long as we try to play entertaining football then I'm happy. Alas, as long as AM manages us I've got more chance of being entertained by an ingrowing toenail than the current style of Aston Villa football.

I was shocked by McLeish's appointment but in typical laid backed VB fashion he's had my full support. However two things that happened on Sunday have convinced me that we need a change of management asap.

1) We were one nil down and AM was still vehemently yelling and gesturing at our midfield to "GET BACK!"

2) When Jenas tripped over a worm and injured himself, Peter Grant yelled at McLeish "Heskey, Heskeyyyy!!!!

I rest my case your Honour.

I rest my case your Honour.

Guilty. Send them down for ten years .... Eck, Grant and Paul Faulkner and they can take Heskey with them.

To be fair, I don't mind Emile BUT only if he is playing as a no. 9 and not a f***ing CM'er or winger!

I love Heskey's effort, but bringing him on to score a goal or two is about as likely as me winning the lottery!

I can understand people not liking his football, but the personal abuse is laughable. Clearly everyone on here that calls him a word removed or whatever knows the bloke very well.

Agreed.

Its not even funny. Only thing less funnier and more worrying is Gary Megson name keeps popping up in these threads as well :s

Agreed.

Its not even funny. Only thing less funnier and more worrying is Gary Megson name keeps popping up in these threads as well :s

I sat next to Gary Megson at a Villa reserve match at the Bescot a few seasons back. He was so boring that I forgot he was there after about ten minutes!

Â