The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Do people still think he's a "nice genuine guy" or have people finally realised what a nasty lying prick he is?

I don't think he's nasty. Just incredibly naive and delusional. I genuinely think he believes the crap he says.

I do, purely because of the amount of lying he did/does. Also, I felt he insulted us a lot not through his words but his actions. He treated us like some tin-pot club that should just be happy to stay in the division.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think he is a nasty lying prick. Honestly dont think he ever lied as he believes it so more that he is quite deluded
Well then in that case almost any liar can just be waved aside as merely "deluded".

McLeish knew full well what was going on. He's a liar.

dont think he is a nasty lying prick. Honestly dont think he ever lied as he believes it so more that he is quite deluded
Well then in that case almost any liar can just be waved aside as merely "deluded".

I think it's difficult to tell whether he's just a barefaced liar or highly delusional.

I think it's just a personal point of view. Some people will believe that he's a liar and some that he's delusional. Who's to say who's right here? And in the end does it matter? He's gone and we have some fantastic times (hopefully) coming up at this great club.

One thing we Villa fans can agree on is that McLeish is a terrible manager and that last season and everything that connects him to the club is a black period for us as a club.

What we need is a sit down interview with a villa fan and him and ask him these questions

Why was heskey regulariy picked as midfield playmaker or on the wing?

Why was nothing done to combat our shocking defending from set peices?

Why did we ship out makoun and then sign a player with known injury problems to replace him? (Jenas)

I think it's difficult to tell whether he's just a barefaced liar or highly delusional.

I think it's just a personal point of view. Some people will believe that he's a liar and some that he's delusional. Who's to say who's right here? And in the end does it matter? He's gone and we have some fantastic times (hopefully) coming up at this great club.

One thing we Villa fans can agree on is that McLeish is a terrible manager and that last season and everything that connects him to the club is a black period for us as a club.

I guessed I'm still peeved over this "nice genuine guy" tag he seems to have despite doing nothing to earn such a tag and many things that would actually prove the opposite.

Yet on the other hand, you've got someone like Lambert who hasn't said or done anything wrong being called miserable and dour (mainly by the press). I know it doesn't actually matter how nice a manager is and I know saying McLeish is nice is not the same as saying he's a good manager but it just really annoys me how whether or not you're seen as a nice man in football is based on your relationship with the media. Yeah McLeish may have had a good relationship with the media and all his chums in the old boys network but he had a terrible relationship with the fans and didn't come across as "nice" or "genuine" at all.

Let's face it, the noses were right, he WAS Agent McLeish. And he achieved most of his objectives, only failing on the final stage of the plan by the narrowest of margins.

• 4 months later...
Â