The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

This is not knee jerk based on one result and I am not talking about now but if we continue to perform badly, suffer a run of defeats between now and end October the pressure will really be on Mcleish and Lerner, the reaction to the last five games and the result last night shows that.

But can the club even afford to get rid of him?

It would be looking for our 6th manager in just over a year

It would be asking Randy to make a decent managerial appointment when he has singularly failed so far

It would be thinking we could even attract someone better than Mcleish and we seem to be going backwards on that front

It would also mean compensation to Mcleish can we even afford that money to pay him

It may even mean compo to a club for their manager although I am not holding my breath as I guess we will go for another out of work manager.

So I think we are actually stuck with Mcleish cant see him going anywhere soon.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not knee jerk based on one result and I am not talking about now but if we continue to perform badly, suffer a run of defeats between now and end October the pressure will really be on Mcleish and Lerner, the reaction to the last five games and the result last night shows that.

It would be asking Randy to make a decent managerial appointment when he has singularly failed so far

It would be thinking we could even attract someone better than Mcleish and we seem to be going backwards on that front

It would also mean compensation to Mcleish can we even afford that money to pay him

It may even mean compo to a club for their manager although I am not holding my breath as I guess we will go for another out of work manager.

Hey Rich, I don't think we would need to worry about the compo in point 5 of your post! There are plenty of out of work ex Premier League managers that we could go for. Ian Dowie anybody? :(

I personally dont want to see McLeish gone now that he's here.

However, for those that do, the only chance of us seeing a different manager in by the end of the year is if we see a new owner in during the same timeframe. Neither of which do I think will happen.

There were plenty of better managers out-of-work at the time of Houllier's departure. Some were pretty unrealistic (e.g. Ancelotti) but some were very gettable, like Hughes. This is why I am still absolutely baffled as to why we went and tapped up McLeish.

actually agree with most of what you're saying for once. there are 5 matches until November that are all winnable except City, 8 points should be the minimum acceptable. That's when i'd start to be worrying. 15 points from 10 games would be good and hopefully we'd have settled by then.

No i don't think we can afford to get rid of McLeish mainly for the reasons you state in your post.

But if we did, i bet we'd go for Chris Hughton.

No i don't think we can afford to get rid of McLeish mainly for the reasons you state in your post.

But if we did, i bet we'd go for Chris Hughton.

Don't think we'll be seeing AM leaving at all unfortunately, think he'll get at least a season. Personally right now I'd be happy with Chris Houghton though, was very unlucky to be treated the way he was at Newcastle.

AM would have to be a genius to do so badly at this club that he got sacked in his first year, I don't rate him but I cant envisage that happening. The board appointed him and it would be pretty poor for them not to give a manager that they've decided to put their faith into, time to get it right. Saying that I wouldn't be bothered if he was sacked as I don't rate him.

It won't happen, it shouldn't happen, but if it did ...oh well.

edit, to answer the question, if we were doing that badly we couldn't afford not to.

I dont know Richard...you would hope the manager would do the decent thing and resign himself if all the villa fans turned totally against him?? With all of his honesty and supposed gentleman manner he has portrayed so far I would hope he would have the bottle to leave and not be a dick.

The fact that we went after this guy from our relegated rivals and payed millions for him ffsake makes me think Faulkner and the rest are clueless and god knows what they get think compared to the fans...

No matter how bad things might get he'll be here until the summer at least. I don't think it's lack of money that would prevent Lerner from getting rid more like he'd be admitting he made the wrong appointment.

sadly we are stuck with him

some idiot not only paid the scum for us taking him but also gave him a **** stupidly long contract

really that sort of shit needs to be examined because there MUST be some dodgy transactions taking place for that sort of nonsense

at best it should have been a 12 month prove yourself and we will reward you type contract.

it is like lerner watched the film trading places and put a bet on with some other millionaire that he could build the fans up and then crush them in 1 season

well the crowds will get smaller so he will win his bet

Â