The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Didn't see the game on sat or evan the highlights. Just reading Kendrick's match verdict on the Brum mail website and am ait annoyed with some of his comments. He starts making out fans are never going to accept AM cos of who he is and where he is from, he more than anyone should understand Villa fans and and their apathy toward McLeish. The football is dire, he doesn't understand tactics and how to set up winning teams, under his management we are fast going backwards in style of play and in terms of league position.

Sometime I get the felling Kendrick does't want to offend the Villa board/chairman/manager to much incase they restrict his access to stories or something. If Mcleish was able to at least get the team playing with some heart less people would be on his case, if he could get them playing heart and playing football rather than hoofball evan less would be hating on him. Sure a ver small minority will always have issues of who he is and where he's form but please give the majority of us some credit, its not his past that is the problem, its his complete lack of managerial ability that is the issue. Can't believe the free fall Villa are on, bet MON can't wait to play us!

I agree with chunks of this, but if we are being 100% honest, it is McLeishs past, present and potentially catastrophic future that mean McLeish will never, every be accepted 100% at this club.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the manner of the football that day was terrible, as it was on Saturday.

I think thats what pisses people off mate...its certainly what pisses me off. I would rather lose 3-0 showing some fight and passion and attacking intent than lose 1-0 by parking the bus and being negative.

I heard someone on Five Live at the weekend talking about McLeish and saying about how unhappy the fans were, what a bad start he had had and how the pressure is going to grow over the next month.

With Bruce going the media will be looking for the next man to fall and at the moment I'd bet they aren't looking much further than Steve Keen and our very own Alex McLeish.

At the moment they don't seem to be looking at him very much. Last time I checked before the Man U game most of them still seemed to be in the "he's doing a solid job at Villa, fans only want him out because of his Birmingham connections" camp. Perhaps that'll change soon.

I agree but I suspect that is going to change and change quickly over the next few weeks. Bruce's departure won't help and neither will who has replaced him as it will draw attention to our own fall from grace.

I think thats what pisses people off mate...its certainly what pisses me off. I would rather lose 3-0 showing some fight and passion and attacking intent than lose 1-0 by parking the bus and being negative.

It really was terrible.

The guy who I've sat next to for the last 5 years declared that he won't be coming back to watch such football next year. I'm slowly coming around to that train of thought myself, if it's not enjoyable to watch, there's not much point.

As you say, would rather go down like Newcastle did against Chelsea. United were there for the taking.

I would rather lose 3-0 showing some fight and passion and attacking intent than lose 1-0 by parking the bus and being negative.

The fact that the driver can't parallel park for shit just compounds the frustration.

Bring Dr. Jo(zef Vengloš) back please.

I have given AMc enough time to prove himself valuable, but his team has lost all the battling spirits and there is even no plan A. Tough times in front of Villa. Boring, boring...

If we'd at least done that. As it was in the first half we didn't do anything particular. It stayed at 1-0 because United knew that they wouldn't lose as soon as they took the lead. They knew they'd never let a goal in from us so why should they bother to try more having a new midweek game around the corner?

Didn't see the game on sat or evan the highlights. Just reading Kendrick's match verdict on the Brum mail website and am ait annoyed with some of his comments. He starts making out fans are never going to accept AM cos of who he is and where he is from, he more than anyone should understand Villa fans and and their apathy toward McLeish. The football is dire, he doesn't understand tactics and how to set up winning teams, under his management we are fast going backwards in style of play and in terms of league position.

Sometime I get the felling Kendrick does't want to offend the Villa board/chairman/manager to much incase they restrict his access to stories or something. If Mcleish was able to at least get the team playing with some heart less people would be on his case, if he could get them playing heart and playing football rather than hoofball evan less would be hating on him. Sure a ver small minority will always have issues of who he is and where he's form but please give the majority of us some credit, its not his past that is the problem, its his complete lack of managerial ability that is the issue. Can't believe the free fall Villa are on, bet MON can't wait to play us!

Well, how about like the DOL 'we're not fickle, we just don't like you' banner, we now have one that reads, 'its not cos you're a nose, we just don't like you' or 'its not cos you were a blue, you are just complete SHITE!!'??

Any other suggestions?

I hate that parts of the media still think it's because of his Blues connections. I HATE that.

It's nothing to do with that!!

this, all day every day, even when he's sacked/quits/runs his contract out it will be because of fickle villa fans and the blues link

utter bollocks, they should watch us play! agree with trent though, with bruce gone and kean getting boring i think the spotlight will start to look elsewhere, fingers crossed its AM rather than super mick

I heard someone on Five Live at the weekend talking about McLeish and saying about how unhappy the fans were, what a bad start he had had and how the pressure is going to grow over the next month.

With Bruce going the media will be looking for the next man to fall and at the moment I'd bet they aren't looking much further than Steve Keen and our very own Alex McLeish.

At the moment they don't seem to be looking at him very much. Last time I checked before the Man U game most of them still seemed to be in the "he's doing a solid job at Villa, fans only want him out because of his Birmingham connections" camp. Perhaps that'll change soon.

I think it will change soon. We've been under the radar for 2 reasons - first, we've gathered enough points to be at the top of the pile amongst the crap teams - people see 8th and think we doing okay, but it's a bit of a false position if you look at number of points. Second, we hadn't had many high profile games, so much of the media wouldn't have seen how bad we were playing, they'd just note that we drew again.

But now after two woeful showings in noticeable televised games, they are cottoning on:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/04/alex-mcleish-aston-villa-espn

Over the next few weeks, we could easily drop 5 or 6 places in the league and then even the most oblivious hack will start to take notice. We're in a false position: top half, but closer to relegation zone than top 7. With all the points on offer over Xmas, it's likely that a number of teams will overtake.

The media are now aware of the poor football, with Spurs match being televised, the Swansea game became very high profile due to Speed and then we have another game agains the largest club in England. We played crap in all of them and the media can see this, in fact they didnt even have to watch the match the punditry in the studio said it all.

Can anybody seriously tell us that the players within our squad are not good enough to play at a higher tempo and with more drive and committment than how this clown sends the team out.

I can't remember ever going to the Manure game where the crowd was so quiet. We new what to expect from the very first minute.

NO belief and its running right through the club

I agree with chunks of this, but if we are being 100% honest, it is McLeishs past, present and potentially catastrophic future that mean McLeish will never, every be accepted 100% at this club.

mostly true but football fans only want to see their team win. God forgive me for saying it but if Beelzebub Francs had been given the job then he would have been forgiven if he could win games of football. Or, at the very least make it look like he is trying to win games of football. We do not. its very very poor at the moment and our crap start is coming back to bite us on the arse now. McLeish should go.

The most disheartening thing though is seeing Sunderland unveling MON as their new manager, what a step up from Bruce.

It's like seeing an ex with a new bloke. Although in this instance you know the new bloke is a fat retard with a tiny cock.

This *1000

Huge mistake by Lerner which will bite him on his arse

MON will do well there and they will have no fear of relegation at all

Watched the match yesterday though willing Wolves to win!

Can anybody seriously tell us that the players within our squad are not good enough to play at a higher tempo and with more drive and committment than how this clown sends the team out.

I can't remember ever going to the Manure game where the crowd was so quiet. We new what to expect from the very first minute.

NO belief and its running right through the club

Spot on, I watched the highlights on MotD, and the ground was eerily silent considering the crowd was in excess of 40k. It had the atmosphere of a reserve game. All hope has been drained from the fans, and Lerner needs to do something to lift the club again. That would be to appoint a decent manager, sadly I think he is incapable of doing so.

Â