The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

That's exactly what I said to my dad earlier. If we are going to be in this kind of position we may as well have someone who knows these players and has got the best out of them in the past (albeit in the reserves). At least during his caretaker spell we attacked. Our defense was pretty suspect but I still would take Kmac over what is going on now.

KMAC is a good coach but a woeful manager, he managed about 7 games and except for West Ham the performance was poor

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This needs to be a clean break and bring in a younger manager who is willing to grow with the team. I would like to see the likes of Lambert, Rogers given a chance.

If we want to keep lurching from one short term fix to another, then it has to be Mark Hughes.

Not sure how this guy has been doing in the lower leagues, but I tend to hear in soundbites that Lee Clark at Huddersfield Town seems to be "the next big thing" in home-grown managers - but I feel that taking the reins at Villa would possibly be a step too far at this stage in his managerial career.

I'm not sure who the answer is to take over from McLeish - could Ancelotti be persuaded to come out of his self-imposed 12 month exile? Doubt it.

That's exactly what I said to my dad earlier. If we are going to be in this kind of position we may as well have someone who knows these players and has got the best out of them in the past (albeit in the reserves). At least during his caretaker spell we attacked. Our defense was pretty suspect but I still would take Kmac over what is going on now.

KMAC is a good coach but a woeful manager, he managed about 7 games and except for West Ham the performance was poor

Considering the team were shellshocked by the manager's departure so suddenly wouldn't have helped matters but yeah you are probably right KMAC is not the answer in the long term. I'd just rather have him than McLeish right now.

I would rather have anyone than McLeish now..................................bar Steve McLaren.

I am starting to wonder if Alan Curbishly could do a job here? Slightly left field, but his teams played quite well, an easy character and knows how to get the best out of Darren Bent

K.Mac is not the answer and Ancelloti cannot manage until next season as part of his Chelsea pay-off, he is likely to then go to Spurs.

Mark Hughes should have got the job and is still available for now.

I cannot see Randy admitting he got it wrong yet again and sacking McLeish,the problem is the atmosphere is not good at Villa Park as the supporters will not get behind the Manager, has his name ever been sung yet ? The team is now in free fall no style,no leadership and it is showing with the performances.

Unfortunately Randy will not do anything about it,he has just paid heavy compensation to Small Heath so he is unlikley to pay it out again so soon.

Hate to say this but last season for me with this clown in charge. I decided to continue with my season ticket after a call from Customer Services. What worries me is that we seem to be fearful of our opponents and for me a lot of of people wanted the likes of Albrighton,Bannan and Herd in the sqad but the kids seem to be being held back. This has got to be down to the tactics of the Manager. How many of our midfielders broke into their half during the game? Petrov came on and looked disillusioned. A guy in front of me said..." I didn't want Houllier, but I can see now where he was coming from". Agreed he would have got rid of Warnock,Collins,Petrov and would never have bought Hutton or got Jenas. No, for me last season or a new Manager.

No goals in 298 minutes and not even looking like scoring

4 points from the last 21 and 4 points from the next 21 looking like an optimistic return

Mcleish out and the one who appointed him out too

Martin O'Neill was a genius compared to McLeish. And Martin O'Neill is one-dimensional and limited by his own belief.

Think I would rather have Brain from Top Cat in the dug out than this defeatist ginger Dowie.

brain.gif

When McLeish came I wasn't happy but was prepared to give him a chance. After the shite he has served up game after game I am firmly in the McLeish out camp now. The bloke is clueless tactically and does not know how to win games.

On a side point, why the heck didn't the board appoint Mark Hughes?

When McLeish came I wasn't happy but was prepared to give him a chance. After the shite he has served up game after game I am firmly in the McLeish out camp now. The bloke is clueless tactically and does not know how to win games.

On a side point, why the heck didn't the board appoint Mark Hughes?

This is pretty much where i am now.

I am a firm believer in remaining positive and giving a good chance to anybody hired for the job, but i feel he is doing more damage than good.

This is the first time that I have ever wanted us to fire a manager :(

Pretty much this but would even extend his chance to the end of December although a miracle in this month is highly unlikely looking at previous performances and results. The problem is then who will be able to fit in to the job?

This is the first time that I have ever wanted us to fire a manager :(

Me too, I have supported Villa since the early 70's and although there have been some average managers I used hate the way Deadly would keep replacing managers.

I didn't want this muppet from day 1, many of us felt the same. However our American owner knew better and went ahead so we had no choice but to hope and pray that somehow he had morphed into a decent manager.He hasn't and never will.

The only message the mute Lerner is ever going to understand is if fans stay away, they already are plenty but soon it's going to drop again.

Personally if it were get this tosser out of Villa park then I hope that the ground is empty otherwise I truly believe we are going down.

Scott Murray, football writer with The Guardian:

That was possibly the worst game of football ever played. No blame attached to United, who did what they had to do, away from home. Villa, however, were nothing short of an ambition-free disgrace. Premier League football isn't cheap, and their fans deserve better entertainment than that. The home fans - the ones who could be bothered to stay until the end - boo their team off. To repeat a question from the first half: I wonder how long this Alex McLeish business will last?

I'm not even going to bother going into depth on it, or talking about specifics or team selections or tactics.

I just want him gone, nothing to do with his past at Small Heath and everything to do with the fact he is a **** terrible manager who plays the worst football I've ever seen.

McLeish out.

I'm not even going to bother going into depth on it, or talking about specifics or team selections or tactics.

I just want him gone, nothing to do with his past at Small Heath and everything to do with the fact he is a **** terrible manager who plays the worst football I've ever seen.

McLeish out.

This absolutely 100%

Am not going to defend McLeish but is it me or are some of our players cowards.

Everytime we get a throw-in their isnt any options for the thrower and then yesterday Gabby had ball on left wing about 15 minutes to go and surrounded by 5 United players and no Villa player wanted it and closest player was 15 yards away doing his laces

Â