The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

If Steven Davis or Craig Gardner find themselves employed by Villa this January I'm not setting foot in the ground until McLeish has left.

Shame that. Both good players.

I would say average rather than good

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Steven Davis or Craig Gardner find themselves employed by Villa this January I'm not setting foot in the ground until McLeish has left.

In your opinion and your opinion alone. Davis failed at 2 Prem clubs and now playing at a lesser level in Scotland. Gardner is average, goal threat enhances his value.

Both average and not better than what we have IMO.

I just hope our scouting network goes further than the UK. There are lots of good players in Europe willing to play in England that are better and cheaper than Steven Davis and Craig Gardner.

I would say average rather than good

But not shite?

Surely not reason to 'not set foot in the ground'.

Overreaction city (I appreciate it's not you KSV) FTL.

In your opinion and your opinion alone.

Nobody in the entire world holds this same opinion? Bugger. I feel so alone ..... :lol:

Reasoning is a matter of one's own mind, nobody else's.

When Davis was at Fulham they survived by the skin of their teeth, Gardner's SHA career the same SITUATION, tho with a less favourable outcome. He's now languishing on Sunderland's bench.

How you describe the players is subjective.

If we hope wish to finish top 6 I would class their abilities as "abysmal"

If we have aspirations to be even just the 7th best placed team in England then these players are "shite".

If we aspire to stave off relegation, they can regarded as "average".

If our sole ain is to put up a spirited fight to remain in with a shot of staying up they can regarded as "good".

Nobody in the entire world holds this same opinion? Bugger. I feel so alone ..... :lol:

Alone? You've one important ginger haired ally... :lol:

Alone? You've one important ginger haired ally... :lol:

gingerlad?

:P

I'm not sure this is a million miles away from where we're at, surely?

(not the we 'aspire' to avoid relegation, obviously, but it is where 'we're at').

and surely not a reason not to go to the games.

(not the we 'aspire' to avoid relegation, obviously, but it is where 'we're at').

How is it not a reason? In such dire economic times, fans expect a lot more for their money. If the best Villa can bring in is Steve Davis, who failed here previously, then of course fans can decide whether to stay away or not. The signings so far have left a lot to be desired. Why should fans put up with the club spending their money on average crap?

If the best Villa can bring in is Steve Davis

sdavis.jpg

Do we not have players of their ability, if not better, already at the club?

Lerner's dictatorship has made mistake after mistake for 2 years bare minimum now, if we include wages given out. As a result he's made us a selling club, something we were not before, even under Ellis. A by that I mean we didn't suddenly sell Saunders, Atkinson, Richardson, Houghton, Staunton in one fell swoop and replace with Guy Whittingham alone.

I've paid my money up front already, if either of those pair are signed, my tick will sit idle or my mates can use it. Have no will to watch a team that's being set up to fail just so that RL can get his money back. He'll walk out well in profit when he sells us in any case IMO given what he paid.

Three signings so far; N'Zogbia £10,000,000, for a player that has played in this league for most if not all his career he seems to be taking a long time to adjust! SO far he has been rubbish.

Hutton £4,000,000, so far he looks as though he isn't good enough to play at this level, which begs the question why did we pay so much?

Jenas Loan, injured when he arrived and injured after one game. SAY NO MORE.

Unfortunately his first three signing s have so far been awful collectively. Can anybody remember any good signings he made for the BLues as I am struggling.

One out of three isn't bad but he hasn't managed that! Is it any wonder nobody seems to like him, I am for giving him a chance but with decisions that he has made with regard to signings, tactics, starting line ups, substitutions etc... I believe he is out of his depth and will not be around for long.

Can anybody imagine any other team in this league signing this manager if we were to get rid?

To be fair, he admitted he made mistakes today. Especially at Spurzz in regard of tactics and team selection.

To put his mistakes into context it's about the same as if someone asks you to do us a favour and set the table ready for dinner, you say OK and then proceed to paint yourself purple and fill the washing machine with 2 old car battery's and a dead Gerbil (in a very small cowboy outfit, with hat, no gun) and shout in a excited voice "FINISHED, is dinner ready"?

To be fair, he admitted he made mistakes today. Especially at Spurzz in regard of tactics and team selection.

To put his mistakes into context it's about the same as if someone asks you to do us a favour and set the table ready for dinner, you say OK and then proceed to paint yourself purple and fill the washing machine with 2 old car battery's and a dead Gerbil (in a very small cowboy outfit, with hat, no gun) and shout in a excited voice "FINISHED, is dinner ready"?

:lol:

Â