The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“@MatKendrick: "I'm NOT a quitter," insists #avfc manager Alex McLeish. Full story in tomorrow's @birminghammail”

WHY?? WHY COULD'NT YOU HAVE BEEN A QUITTER?

didnt he quit blues though

Of course he won't quit, he would walk away without money and probably never get a job in this league ever again.

He quit Blues because a relegated side were going to sack him and along came naive, foolish Lerner offering a 3 year deal + extra money.

Talk about winning the lottery, and as expected its Villa being the laughing stock.

Just watched wolves on MOTD.

I am pretty sure we have a better squad of players than wolves. but wolves found themselves 0-1 - but then came at sunderland - the crowd responded ...and won 2-1 - ok its sunderland not manu - but had we gone 0-1 down to sunderland .....would we have responed in such a way ?.....

.....and would the fans have got.....behind our team the .....way the Wolves fans.....did?

.....undoubtedly not.....they'd have been to busy booing.....and moaning.....

thumbs_dn.gif

I am pretty sure we have a better squad of players than wolves. but wolves found themselves 0-1 - but then came at sunderland - the crowd responded ...and won 2-1 - ok its sunderland not manu - but had we gone 0-1 down to sunderland .....would we have responed in such a way ?.....

.....and would the fans have got.....behind our team the .....way the Wolves fans.....did?

thumbs_dn.gif

I don't know? If we looked like we were having a real go at trying to win the game I think the fans would get behind the team?

thumbs_dn.gif

actually from where I was sitting, 2nd half we tried to get behind the team, obviously not a great atmosphere but certainly wasn't much booing and moaning. VP wasnt anywhere near as loud as it could be but given there was very little to get behind, it was difficult. it's hard to cheer and really be 'up for it' when you see the goalkeeper smashing the ball towards a lone striker for him to nod onto no one every 2 minutes.

“@MatKendrick: "I'm NOT a quitter," insists #avfc manager Alex McLeish. Full story in tomorrow's @birminghammail”

WHY?? WHY COULD'NT YOU HAVE BEEN A QUITTER?

didnt he quit blues though

He may not be but his team is and he sends them out

We are very much what newcastle were a few seasons ago

A circus pure and simple McCrap is the ringmaster

I cannot see where our next goal is going to come from and its down to the numpty and his negative tactics

Not once did i see a defender pass it along the floor to a midfield player to build an attack it was always hoofed to Darren Bent a poacher by trade but according to McNegative he's a targetman I think he will want out for the good of his england career and who can blame him the brochure has changed since he came to villa and if the manager keeps using him as a targetman he will become the new emile heskey he's a poacher and needs service we give him **** all except from Agbonlahor and Bannan

We struggle to get a goal against Swansea yet Yakubu scores 4 past them for blackburn.. says it all really if only we had a manager with the balls to play an attacking line up he was forced into playing one against Manure at home and we still struggled to threaten them they didnt even get out of first gear

I really fear for us at this time, for those saying we wont get relegated, I am not so sure and I am not sure how we can force Randy's hand on this issue beyond boycotting a game?

Alternately, go to a game and turn your back on the play for a half/whole game?

Watching this nightmare unfolding and yet being bloody powerless is frustrating. Its obvious that attendances are down as Man Yoo is usually a sell out and the commercial department are punting tickets on the OS and via text messages constantly.

Clueless.

I was prepared to give him a shot, but i am yet to see anything positive. The best thing he does is that he is not afraid to switch his squad round or rotate the team.

Other than that he really is a poor manager.

You've had your chance, you showed enough balls taking the job in the first place, now have big enough balls to admit your not the man to take this club forward and your out of your depth.

Some Man. Utd correspondent on Soccernet giving his view on the game on Saturday:

United’s level of play cannot afford to drop any lower. Whilst this certainly hasn’t been a vintage week for the club, it is nice to collect another three Premier League points and another clean sheet. We are however, hugely indebted to how lousy Aston Villa were.

Despite Fergie’s protestations prior to the match, if I were a Villa fan right now I would be seriously unhappy. They were abject and clueless in a home game against opposition who had just lost to a lower league club. Aston Villa are the fifth most successful club in the history of this country. They should have had a go and didn’t.

Just goes to show that this isn't just some misguided, deluded fans moaning about not winning every single game.

I heard someone on Five Live at the weekend talking about McLeish and saying about how unhappy the fans were, what a bad start he had had and how the pressure is going to grow over the next month.

With Bruce going the media will be looking for the next man to fall and at the moment I'd bet they aren't looking much further than Steve Keen and our very own Alex McLeish.

I heard someone on Five Live at the weekend talking about McLeish and saying about how unhappy the fans were, what a bad start he had had and how the pressure is going to grow over the next month.

With Bruce going the media will be looking for the next man to fall and at the moment I'd bet they aren't looking much further than Steve Keen and our very own Alex McLeish.

Fingers crossed.

At the moment they don't seem to be looking at him very much. Last time I checked before the Man U game most of them still seemed to be in the "he's doing a solid job at Villa, fans only want him out because of his Birmingham connections" camp. Perhaps that'll change soon.

Never seen football like it from the Villa, not in the 70,80,90,00's. Even when we were relegated it was better than this, we had a game plan flawed as it was. We got nothing, if someone told me that we are morphing netball tactics with football tactics I would believe them at the moment.

It's easy to go over the top on a Monday but I can't think of many games I have watched in my lifetime (other teams) that have been that bad. It's gone from, looking forward to watching games to feeling like I can't wait for it to end, every minute is like an hour watching us run around after the ball.

If United and Spurzz had fielded teams of 10 without the goalkeeper would we have won both games ? I suggest not, says it all really.

(+ question for AMC, why play a striker ? What possible use id Bent in the squad / tactical set up currently. What is his job ? What do you tell him before he goes out, what was the plan B at half time ? "Was it hold up the ball until support arrives ? " What you gonna do, drop people in by helicopter ? The other 9 players are 50 yards back that way? I know Barry Banana is a midget (my height) but do you need to draw peoples attention to this by making sure he only ever looks like a extra in a spot the ball coupon, either give it to feet or by him the biggest stilts in the world.

I could go on but I am boring myself.

Didn't see the game on sat or evan the highlights. Just reading Kendrick's match verdict on the Brum mail website and am ait annoyed with some of his comments. He starts making out fans are never going to accept AM cos of who he is and where he is from, he more than anyone should understand Villa fans and and their apathy toward McCrap. The football is dire, he doesn't understand tactics and how to set up winning teams, under his management we are fast going backwards in style of play and in terms of league position.

Sometime I get the felling Kendrick does't want to offend the Villa board/chairman/manager to much incase they restrict his access to stories or something. If Mcleish was able to at least get the team playing with some heart less people would be on his case, if he could get them playing heart and playing football rather than hoofball evan less would be hating on him. Sure a ver small minority will always have issues of who he is and where he's form but please give the majority of us some credit, its not his past that is the problem, its his complete lack of managerial ability that is the issue. Can't believe the free fall Villa are on, bet MON can't wait to play us!

I hate that parts of the media still think it's because of his Blues connections. I HATE that.

It's nothing to do with that!!

I know what you mean but we need to look at ourselves also, small heath is & we know the people and players associated with that place are scum so why is it when a leper crawls over the road & offers us a drink from his scab and maggot infested plastic cup do we drink it ?

Nothing good ever comes from small heath, keep that in mind and you will never go far wrong in life. They are scum and are laughing all day long at us now. They might be in a league below but I would suggest they currently look the team with the better future !

Kendrick was also maoning on Twitter when the players got booed off at half time saying "Villa fans booing their team when they're 1-0 down to the champions"

Now I don't agree with booing, especially during the game. BUt it annoyed me that he seemed to think the fans were booing the scoreline when it was obvious that the booing was for the totally inept performance we were seeing.

It could have been 1-0 or 10-0. Doesn't matter.

Indeed, I remember Villa getting booed off under Oneill after a 0-0 draw with Liverpool. On the face of it, a good result, but the manner of the football that day was terrible, as it was on Saturday.

Â