The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Steven Davis or Craig Gardner find themselves employed by Villa this January I'm not setting foot in the ground until McLeish has left.

Shame that. Both good players.

Both average and not better than what we have IMO.

I just hope our scouting network goes further than the UK. There are lots of good players in Europe willing to play in England that are better and cheaper than Steven Davis and Craig Gardner.

OT but, out of interest, who do we have at the minute that would be better than Gardner in the no.10 role?

I'm not sure Gardner is a nr.10 player (by that I assume you mean attacking midfielder/playmaker). More of workhorse with a good shot on him. Just a run of the mill Premier League midfielder.

We do need a good attacking midfielder though because it seems Stephen Ireland is never going to make it here and I think it would help us if we at least would look abroad for that.

I don't see Mcleish here long term.....barring a massive upturn in results.......

I would say its 50/50 he lasts the season. Agreement will be reached and Hughes instated - all unveiled to our complete surprise.....

It terms of the cost of sacking Mcleish - minimal compared to the outlay on Bent last winter.

BTW - Hughes is favourite to be next villa manager !

I don't see Mcleish here long term.....barring a massive upturn in results.......

I would say its 50/50 he lasts the season. Agreement will be reached and Hughes instated - all unveiled to our complete surprise.....

It terms of the cost of sacking Mcleish - minimal compared to the outlay on Bent last winter.

Not a chance!

Randy takes far too long to choose a manager for that situation to happen.

Not a chance!

Randy takes far too long to choose a manager for that situation to happen.

There isn't even a choice here. Hughes is by far the most obvious choice. He's impossible to ignore now.

“We want to go to Bolton and win. There’s no guarantees that we’ll win, even if we play brilliantly.

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. He had the chance to win the fans over by playing good passing football and showing some ambition going forward. He has the creativity in midfield to do this and a £24 mill player who is a natural goalscorer. He stated before the season that he wants us to go out and play football. Nearly halfway into the season we havent witnessed anything that we are capable of.

The only way he can win the fans over os by playing football. Not hoofing the ball in the air to the opposiiton!!!!! I read against Man Utd that we played 60% of our balls in the air? This is the type of football he is adopting. We dont even look capable of playing the ball to feet. I am genuinly worried for us this season. He only has himself to blame and I think underneath it all he knows it!

I used to like him, but the more i read, the more i think he is an idiot!

But the bloke can't win can he?

If he says.... "We're going to go to Bolton rape them" and then we don't he looks like a clearing in the woods.

If he says "Its a game we should win" its doing Coyle's teamtalk for him" if we don't win - he looks like a clearing in the woods.

If he says "We don't want to lose" - he looks like a negative clearing in the woods.

The expectations most of the supporters of this club are totally unrealistic with the financial position we are in. McLeish is in an impossible situation and has a degree of my sympathy.

Smetrov, I know it's almost Christmas but lay off the sherry son.

LOL - Im teetotal !

I know what youre saying - Randy stuck with Houllier through worse - so why would he sack AM ?

I just have a hunch he will.

Randy stuck with Houllier through worse results, but I don't even remember the football being this bad and the fanbase being this united against the manager. Perhaps those two factors are what will force his hand if the bad results come as expected.

unless there is signs of vast improvement against bolton, i think the time has come to say, you had your chance, it wasn't made particularly easy but it's not going to work out, clear your desk.

i've been very willing to give him the time of day (and quite rightly, imo) but it's not getting any better. i worry about how much more time and money we might waste sticking with him.

He's probably a really lovely guy but my God he's a shit manager. I'd love to see what goes on and what work is done on the training pitch. How can we be in december and not one of us know actually the way McLeish has us set up or a starting 11 or a shape. It's been said before, direction.

I don't know what our shape is, what our style is, who would play in our best X1, what signings we need to make, who those signings would be.I don't claim to be a footballing expert but I like to think when I'm watching a game, I know what's going on, what we are trying to do ...I don't see any of that under McLeish. Even underlined by the Dutch shite he came out with, who'd have said that? Absolutely crazy.

Banging my head against the wall just at the thought that he's in charge. For **** sake, it depresses me.

No results

No performances

No football

No future.

Sums it up for me.

I'm at the stage where I'm indifferent with the results now under AM. Last season I was majorly pissed off when we lost against Bolton away. This season even if we win it'll just a 'meh' reaction from me because we'll no doubt of probably scrapped it due to sheer luck.

I think we'll lose against Bolton anyway. When they knocked us out in the Carling Cup we had about 8/11 of our starting players on the pitch against Bolton reserves. Yet they defeated us at home 2-0 very comfortably. And I'd say that because we didn't have a shot on target until the last 5 mins or so.

Â