The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

6 pointer vs Bolton next week, we lose next week and we could face a battle in upcoming games.

Bring in Deschamps or Megson

We won't win at Bolton next week, Coyle has already outwitted AMc once this season

Bolton are teh worst team in the league and have an awful defence made worse by Cahill and Wheater being out

Cahill will play next week - today's 'red' card will surely be recinded straight away.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think theres no one on mcleishs side anymore. Ive had enough of him. Just pure tripe every game.

Why did we hire him he was bottom of the list?

Why does he play such crap negative depressing football?

I want him gone but i know that lerner wont do a thing until its to late.

This is the first season where i have turned a villa game off

First season im not going to villa park in 10 years

First season im not buying any villa merch

And its all cuz of randy hiring that idiot

well it looks like he has bowed to some of the fans who have called for a more offensive line-up.

It doesn't matter what permutation you put out IMO the quality is just not being displayed...., even the basics ain't there.

If another manager can get any better out of this lot, I will be surprised... but it don't look like a happy ship to me.

disagree. im not a fan of quite a few of our players, i think guys like collins, heskey and hutton are hardworkers but very poor footballers. but i think a better manager could easily get better out of this team. we still have some very good players in the squad.

i look at smaller clubs like wigan, swansea, norwich, teams with players of less quality and that cost a lot less, and yet they are able to play much better football. they give it a go, they create chances. they quite clearly put in the required work on the training pitch. even poor players can be get competent on the ball, at passing and movement by practicing.

those clubs are just limited by their size and the fact they are not able to attract even just a couple of high quality players. give any of those teams bent, gabby and given and their managers would have them right up the table

on the other hand i cant see what we do at bodymoor. i cant imagine we do any work on technique, on keeping the ball, on passing and movement. mcleish's training sessions probably consist of the defence trying to smash it as far down the pitch as they can. mat kendrick tweeted the following earlier

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

I challenged Darren Bent to score a hat-trick today. "Be lucky if I get three touches" he joked. Well, I thought he was joking #avfc

that sums it up

Dont think theres no one on mcleishs side anymore. Ive had enough of him. Just pure tripe every game.

Why did we hire him he was bottom of the list?

Why does he play such crap negative depressing football?

I want him gone but i know that lerner wont do a thing until its to late.

This is the first season where i have turned a villa game off

First season im not going to villa park in 10 years

First season im not buying any villa merch

And its all cuz of randy hiring that idiot

I think Randy goes for the easy option

He wanted Macdonald

Benitez probably asked to many questions about available funds

Martinez - said no (smart move there son !)

Mcleish - just said - yes, yes,yes,

Lerner doesn't want to money, time or effort into villa. If something did happen and mcleish walked, Stevie Bruce, & Steve Mclaren would be some of lerners first calls.

As such removing AM may not progress us much- we need someone at CEO level with the nous to hunt down or poach a decent manager.

Well I was prepared to give him a chance and remember that even Ferguson didn't have a great start at Man U.

40 years watching the Villa and this is more hopeless than any season in memory, even when I watched the likes of Norton and Stainrod in a relegation battle, (then again maybe on a par with the DOL managed debacle at Doncaster).

The worst thing you can take from a football supporter is hope and at the moment my optimism before each match is negligable at best.

If money is tight then we have to face up to the fact that we are going to have to play differently until things improve. Playing Bent this way is doing him no favours. Hoofball = Targetman, better Heskey and Bent together upfront or Heskey alone.

No1 Priority is get Hughes installed as manager NOW.

He really does just constantly talk bollocks.

You can also predict his post match excuses "We can't conceed goals like that in the Premier League", "They were great on the training pitch", "We took it to them" with something like 36% posession.

Called it yesterday, here is the jokes post match interview:

McLeish called the opening period performance "poor" and was upset by the lack of composure when in possession.

The boss felt this wasn't helped by the Red Devils goal, which took the wind out of Villa's sails for the remainder of the half.

But the manager was more upbeat over the second half display, with Villa fighting for an equaliser to the death.

He said: "It was difficult to get near United in the first half especially when they scored the goal. I felt we wobbled a wee bit. We looked a bit nervous after that.

"They scored a goal and then turned on the style a wee bit with possession-play. We couldn't string two or three passes together.

"Believe me, I see them every day in training and I know they are better than that.

WTF, Lerner needs to sell up and concentrate on what he knows

gridiron and the US, McLeish is out of his depth, Ancelotti was

the answer, somebody with some idea and ability to attract

a good standard of player, we have an average squad with no

No leader and no direction

Randy won't sack McLeish even if we're in the dropzone. The only way McLeish leaves, and it's a long shot, is if he gets cold feet and doesn't want to be responsible for 3 relegations - that would be some CV - and so he resigns before it is set in stone (let's say around February). Of course Randy could encourage him to do that by opening his wallet and giving him a payoff.

I want MacDonald. He seems like the right man for the job. We currently are relying on a lot of young players so why not let the guy who coached those young players coach the team? Honestly can't be worse than what we have.

I want MacDonald. He seems like the right man for the job. We currently are relying on a lot of young players so why not let the guy who coached those young players coach the team? Honestly can't be worse than what we have.

That's exactly what I said to my dad earlier. If we are going to be in this kind of position we may as well have someone who knows these players and has got the best out of them in the past (albeit in the reserves). At least during his caretaker spell we attacked. Our defense was pretty suspect but I still would take Kmac over what is going on now.

Â