The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I cannot fathom is that Collymore is 100 % sure they are doing the right things on the training ground, Sid is there ffs so why can't we pass 5 metres when he could pass a ball as well as Becham.

From what Collymore said it's all very close to clicking and the long ball thing is just a get out of jail. Collymore is as much a Villa fan as anyone on here so what's going on ?

I would go down Bodymoor myself if I still lived in Sutton but it's a bit far these days. That's the only way for me to understand what's going on at the moment.

No point, you can't watch the players train at BH anymore so I don't bother going down there now.

I really can't believe it's as simple as players playing beautiful one touch passing football on the training ground and then as soon as the match starts their bottle goes and they just start hoofing it.

Surely what you practice and preach in training will be replicated in a match situation?

If we lost every game till the start of January, or mustered a maximun of 3 points over this period, (which has got to be considered a possibilty seeing how we are playing) who thinks Randy would admit he made a mistake and sack this fool? Or would Randy keep faith?

No point, you can't watch the players train at BH anymore so I don't bother going down there now.

I really can't believe it's as simple as players playing beautiful one touch passing football on the training ground and then as soon as the match starts their bottle goes and they just start hoofing it.

Surely what you practice and preach in training will be replicated in a match situation?

I am with you in not understanding it but proper football people are saying exactly what you describe. So the question is why can't it translate to live games ? Surely this is football manager 101 ?

If we lost every game till the start of January, or mustered a maximun of 3 points over this period, (which has got to be considered a possibilty seeing how we are playing) who thinks Randy would admit he made a mistake and sack this fool? Or would Randy keep faith?

I think if we don't win on Saturday, we could easily go on to lose the next four (Liverpool and Arsenal home and Chelsea and Stoke away).

If that happens McLeish would have 1 win from 12 league games. I'd say Randy would have his finger pretty close to the trigger then.

I'd say Randy would have his finger pretty close to the trigger then.

Depends what he is worried about, I would say it's wages before results all day long.

If he cared about the actual footie on show we would not be talking about losing 2,3 or even 5 game sin a row anyway.

If Randy had put a 5 million (Can't lose, not many double like that in betting world. This was.) double bet on Spurs and Manutd to beat us maybe we could move forward.

The thing I cannot fathom is that Collymore is 100 % sure they are doing the right things on the training ground, Sid is there ffs so why can't we pass 5 metres when he could pass a ball as well as Becham.

From what Collymore said it's all very close to clicking and the long ball thing is just a get out of jail. Collymore is as much a Villa fan as anyone on here so what's going on ?

I would go down Bodymoor myself if I still lived in Sutton but it's a bit far these days. That's the only way for me to understand what's going on at the moment.

If Collymores right, then its surely more of a confidence thing than not having the right team selection. If the team ARE bottling it as soon as the whistle goes then it suggests that AM has'nt got the ability to instill the right sort of self-belief in them.

BFR had it? MON had it to an extent, although the football was'nt always the best. But does McLeish have it? Can't see it myself.

Now McLeish is going to "block out the negative vibes". :lol:

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2011/12/09/alex-mcleish-blocks-out-the-negative-vibes-surrounding-aston-villa-97319-29922094/

Asked if has suffered sleepless nights because of the fans’ fall-out from Villa’s recent struggles, McLeish replied: “Not at the moment, why should I?

Why should I? God almighty.

“There’s valuable info through criticism, definitely and you can learn from it,” he said. “It’s a little bit tactical as well, creating a siege mentality of ‘They’re all against us’. Sir Alex was good at that.

Good old Sir Alex mentioned again. I can just see McLeish and Lerner by a candle lit dinner discussing Sir Alex's letter.

And finally a classic McLeish surrender before the game:

“We want to go to Bolton and win. There’s no guarantees that we’ll win, even if we play brilliantly.

“We want to go to Bolton and win. There’s no guarantees that we’ll win, even if we play brilliantly.

I used to like him, but the more i read, the more i think he is an idiot!

But the bloke can't win can he?

If he says.... "We're going to go to Bolton rape them" and then we don't he looks like a clearing in the woods.

If he says "Its a game we should win" its doing Coyle's teamtalk for him" if we don't win - he looks like a clearing in the woods.

If he says "We don't want to lose" - he looks like a negative clearing in the woods.

The expectations most of the supporters of this club are totally unrealistic with the financial position we are in. McLeish is in an impossible situation and has a degree of my sympathy.

If Steven Davis or Craig Gardner find themselves employed by Villa this January I'm not setting foot in the ground until McLeish has left.

Shame that. Both good players.

Both average and not better than what we have IMO.

I just hope our scouting network goes further than the UK. There are lots of good players in Europe willing to play in England that are better and cheaper than Steven Davis and Craig Gardner.

OT but, out of interest, who do we have at the minute that would be better than Gardner in the no.10 role?

If he says.... "We're going to go to Bolton rape them" and then we don't he looks like a clearing in the woods.

If he says "Its a game we should win" its doing Coyle's teamtalk for him" if we don't win - he looks like a clearing in the woods.

If he says "We don't want to lose" - he looks like a negative clearing in the woods.

The expectations most of the supporters of this club are totally unrealistic with the financial position we are in. McLeish is in an impossible situation and has a degree of my sympathy.

So therefore whatever he says or does he looks like a 'Clearing in the Woods'.

Well, perhaps that's quite apt based on the style of football he has been playing.

I understand what your saying mate, honestly i do. I think its just that im the type of person that would be open and say "damn right were going there to win!" be it Bolton, Blackburn, Man Utd or Chelsea.

Positive Mental Attitude.

If you believe that your team can do it, you belief and hunger to win will slowly transfer to your players creating a positive winning mentality.

If your not going there to win, then what the **** is the point on turning up? You might as well feild 10 centre halves!?

I think 70% of what is going wrong at the moment is down to attitude, commitment, belief, hunger and most of all confidence. And it doent help when you gaffer has little or no confidence about getting a positive result.

I understand what your saying mate, honestly i do. I think its just that im the type of person that would be open and say "damn right were going there to win!" be it Bolton, Blackburn, Man Utd or Chelsea.

If you believe that your team can do it, you belief and hunger to win will slowly transfer to your players creating a positive winning mentality.

If your not going there to win, then what the **** is the point on turning up? You might as well feild 10 centre halves!?

I think 70% of what is going wrong at the moment is down to attitude, commitment, belief, hunger and most of all confidence. And it doent help when you gaffer has little or no confidence about getting a positive result.

To be fair the guy again, we don't see what he says at Bodymoor and in the dressing room.

All we can see is the quotes the media publish......

And I totally agree PMA FTW, and he should be saying to the players "You can spank these muppets"

To be fair the guy again, we don't see what he says at Bodymoor and in the dressing room.

All we can see is the quotes the media publish......

And I totally agree PMA FTW, and he should be saying to the players "You can spank these muppets"

You can tell by his tactics pretty much what his team talks consist of...

"Keep it tight"

"Dont try anything stupid"

"Safety first"

"Defend from the front"

"Clean sheet lads"

Not...

"Go and play with some freedom"

"They're there for the taking"

"Your good enough to be wiping the floor with these guys!"

"Tonight we dine in hell!"

"This is Sparta!"

It is increasingly obvious as each week passes that McLeish is talking us down at every opportunity in a hope it will some how mask his quite shite performance.

In YOUR opinion.

Â