dudevillaisnice

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Rubber stamped Moyes as the 'Great successor' 

in fairness the fans were clearings in the woods there. They used to laugh at other teams changing managers and saying they wouldnt do that and now since Ferguson left all you get it crying and protests from them

Summer transfer business is currently selling their best player and buying two players from relegated Burnley.

(And not even Burnley's best player, Cornet, who they also wanted but could agree personal terms with).

Edited by Don_Simon

I don't think they will be in much of a relegation battle, maybe lower midtable, their squad isn't great but it isn't as bad as their form showed last season either, Benitez wrong appointment, Lampard improved their form, which still wasn't great, but probably a truer reflection of their team's ability. Vinagre, McNeil, and Tarkowski, are pretty good signings.

Edited by useless

Depends on the mental state of them, fans protesting, media eager to throw Frank under the bus, I can see the players happily phoning it in most weeks and them losing before a balls been kicked 

Could be a miserable place this year with a touch of what we had when we went down (but they won't be that bad) 

• Like 1

Next season I can see them being a similar team that Newcastle were under Bruce and Benitez, not great and possibly not great to watch, but will probably be okay as far as relegation is concerned. That said if the three promoted teams don't all go back down next season, then other teams will have to do down in their place and I'm not sure there are many options, Everton probably one of them, along with Leeds and Southampton, Brentford could have second season syndrome.

• Like 2

Dyche will be their next manager, can see this a mile off with these signings.

McNeill was showing potential about 18 months ago but I'd still have been underwhelmed if we'd signed him then. Works hard but lacks end product.

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Summer transfer business is currently selling their best player and buying two players from relegated Burnley.

(And not even Burnley's best player, Cornet, who they also wanted but could agree personal terms with).

AIUI the issue with Cornet was that his transfer release clause at Burnley has some stipulations around the buying club paying all or most of it upfront. 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They're signing some absolute shite tbf. Fair play.

Not seen a window like this since Senderos, Richardson and Tom Cleverley.

Proper prem lads.

Help this dumb Yank. You mean good shite or bad shite? (And I don't mean baaaaaaaaaaaad shite, just the noxious, smelly sort.)

7 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Help this dumb Yank. You mean good shite or bad shite? (And I don't mean baaaaaaaaaaaad shite, just the noxious, smelly sort.)

Think the comparison to Senderos, Richardson and Cleverley suggests he may be meaning the bad stuff :D

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Depends on the mental state of them, fans protesting, media eager to throw Frank under the bus, I can see the players happily phoning it in most weeks and them losing before a balls been kicked 

Could be a miserable place this year with a touch of what we had when we went down (but they won't be that bad) 

Yeah I think they'll be in the poo all season long.

Â