dudevillaisnice

McNeil isn't a bad signing tbh. Still only 22, bags of PL experience, 26 goal involvements in a really poor and overwhelmingly defensive Burnley team. Poor season last year, but clearly has potential to grow into a decent player, 20m is about right (plenty of our fans seem to think Keinan Davis is worth upwards of 15m based on half a good season at Forest).

They're still in trouble though, such an unbalanced squad and Lampard really is a poor manager. No chance he lasts the season IMO. You struggle to pick three teams going into the season who you're certain will struggle more than them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think the comparison to Senderos, Richardson and Cleverley suggests he may be meaning the bad stuff :D

I'm going to put on my tin hat and say that the Senderos/Vlaar partnership was looking alright for a while until Senderos got injured. After that I don't think they ever played together again (at least for a decent run of games.) We were absolutely shopping in the bargain bin at that time but he was one I thought was fairly astute given the money available. Richardson and Tom can get in the sea though (they both started the FA Cup final btw - Jesus wept.)

I think Frank will be gone by Christmas and Rooney is a cert to come in and take over.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Help this dumb Yank. You mean good shite or bad shite? (And I don't mean baaaaaaaaaaaad shite, just the noxious, smelly sort.)

Shite with an 'e' is just plain shite. 

"He's the shit" is where "baaad" = "good". 

"He's shite" just means what it says. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm going to put on my tin hat and say that the Senderos/Vlaar partnership was looking alright for a while until Senderos got injured. After that I don't think they ever played together again (at least for a decent run of games.) We were absolutely shopping in the bargain bin at that time but he was one I thought was fairly astute given the money available.

I was very against Senderos when we signed him, but I do agree he started really promisingly and it was a shame he got injured. I personally wouldn't have chosen him as an example of either a club or this club signing dire players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I'd sack the keeper for lack of effort.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're not in great shape are they. They'll need to bring someone in, presumably on loan, and cross their fingers. But even apart from that they're so weak at right back and in central midfield as well.

Hope they're still in a mess when we play them.  I'm sure they'll spend before the end of the window as they need a better squad and also got £60m for Richy.

Although is good that DCL wont play against us in the home game, they have still strengthened quite a bit over the summer and will be harder to beat this time round than back in September in the 3-0. Still reckon we will win that one, but they have picked up some smart signings, much better strategy than in january when they were panicking with alli, van de beek, el ghazi etc. They've got players like townsend and lookman and doucoure who will take shots and surge forward so still got to be careful

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Has this been confirmed or is it based off of the footyinsider exclusive that he's out for 3 months?

Probably bollox as the BBC just says this:

Dominic Calvert-Lewin picked up a knock in training on Tuesday and could miss the season opener against Chelsea.

The severity of the injury is not yet known.

• Like 1

McNeill is such an everton signing. They love spending a load of money on english wide players who seem good but aren't actually that good. Gray, Tonwsend, Walcott, McGeady (ok not english but you know what I mean), McNeill

Â