dudevillaisnice

20 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not convinced by him . One good season in his career. 

Remember his debut for Forest when he was about 10?  Scored a 94th minute winner against............yes us, obvs.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Remember his debut for Forest when he was about 10?  Scored a 94th minute winner against............yes us, obvs.

I liked the line "Aston Villa fans have just seen what Scott Hogan may bring to the team"

Narrator: "They have not"

I think a sale would be a definite possibility with the man who controls Everton barred from being involved due to the sanctions on Russia, I can't see Moshiri wanting to try to run and finance the club alone - in so far as I understand it, he was only ever there as a proxy because Usmanov wasn't allowed to buy Everton and own part of Arsenal at the same time and he was struggling to sell off his share of Arsenal quickly enough.

In retrospect that might have been the biggest slice of luck Everton have had, things would be looking much worse if they were in the same position as Chelsea were.

I think they'll be looking at a sale because the man in charge isn't allowed to play.

I also don't think they'll have too much trouble finding a reasonable ownership group, it's a big club with a fine history and new stadium.

What's probably more of an immediate concern is this slightly murky deal they've made with the Premier league where instead of being punished for a clear, blatant, fragrant breach of FFP rules, they're under some sort of managed arrangement where it looks like the league will prevent them overspending and demand that they return to the black - that's not a good situation for a team needing a rebuild.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I liked the line "Aston Villa fans have just seen what Scott Hogan may bring to the team"

Narrator: "They have not"

Interesting to see a young Matty Cash make an error leading to our goal also.

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

i know it’s a friendly, but my local MLS club just beat Everton 4-0… yikes

Not a great look. Only a friendly but they haven’t exactly done inspiring business.

Side note - as someone who resides in North America but didn’t grow up here, referring to teams in the singular (Minnesota is beating Everton) is something I’ll never make peace with. It makes my whole body wince. It’s just wrong. Like single ply toilet paper or James Corden. It just shouldn’t be a thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Not a great look. Only a friendly but they haven’t exactly done inspiring business.

Side note - as someone who resides in North America but didn’t grow up here, referring to teams in the singular (Minnesota is beating Everton) is something I’ll never make peace with. It makes my whole body wince. It’s just wrong. Like single ply toilet paper or James Corden. It just shouldn’t be a thing.

I’m the opposite. Should always be singular. A team is a singular entity

Villa vibes when we lost Benteke.

I keep hearing "chance to rebuild " " 400k a week off the wage bill."

You lose your match winners when you're out here finishing 16th you're done for. You can't just buy a new one easy as that.

They are in for a bad season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Villa vibes when we lost Benteke.

I keep hearing "chance to rebuild " " 400k a week off the wage bill."

You lose your match winners when you're out here finishing 16th you're done for. You can't just buy a new one easy as that.

They are in for a bad season.

Are they even trying to buy a new one? 

The links to loaning cornet almost seems like trolling them, januzaj on a free transfer, struggled to sign Lingard on a free...Sounds like they're shutting up shop and pocketing the money from the sales 

Â