dudevillaisnice

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

true, but even leaving aside his specific difficulties they were never going to get much of that transfer fee back.

yeah, but he was also much better on the pitch for them too

25 minutes ago, a m ole said:

one of those is hard to blame on them 

Regardless of what he did, he would have been released on a free, it wasn’t like he was going to fetch a massive transfer fee at 33 years old.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2022 at 12:41, Villa_Vids said:

Exactly. Players in their prime to move us up the ladder and then allow the young crop to develop and then eventually replace those players.

Who knows if they'll all step up though?

Archer certainly looks capable and Kesler's had two good loan spells so I'd be fairly confident on them. Not sure Carney is going to be content spending two more years bench warming.

Key I think is integrating two in the first team squad every season and take it from there rather than throwing 5-6 all in same time.

Surely learnt that lesson from 2010 onwards when Hogg, Bannan, Lichaj, Clark and Baker were all thrown in to start games together.

Currently I think only target for us is to start qualifying for europe on consistant basis and take things from there.

Spurs for example have qualified for europe every single season since 2010. Leicester also made a CL QF in 2017 and SF this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Tosun has been an appalling signing. 

Had to check when they actually signed him, Jan 2018 so four and a half year deal. He was signed by Big Sam who they obviously decided to move on three months later and none of the other managers fancied him and so he was stuck on the bench or just being loaned out.

That's a little worry for me tbh. Gerrard isn't our manager this time next year and next one in dosen't fancy Coutinho for whatever reason.

• Confused 1

Really think they're going to be in bother next season. Assuming they sell Richarlison, and probably DCL, they are going to have only Rondon as a contracted striker. Obviously they'll need to sign two, but do they have any money, with the stadium and the huge 'covid' losses? It's not even like I can think of many great stiking options that might be available on loan, surely they can't go into a season with Broja or Balogun as their main options?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Really think they're going to be in bother next season. Assuming they sell Richarlison, and probably DCL, they are going to have only Rondon as a contracted striker. Obviously they'll need to sign two, but do they have any money, with the stadium and the huge 'covid' losses? It's not even like I can think of many great stiking options that might be available on loan, surely they can't go into a season with Broja or Balogun as their main options?

Maybe Brereton Diaz as an option?

They'll probably keep Calvert Lewin and sell Richarlison although in ideal world for them it will be other way around.

Will probably end up with Billy Gilmour as central midfield main signing, his stock has fallen a bit in last 12 months. They seem convinced on that forum Conor Gallagher is a realistic target for them, bit odd when he'll surely get a chance at Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

They've just had their 2014/15 season (without the cup final), saved by Lampard who is their Sherwood.

Next season is 15/16 😆

Distinct possibility. Although I think Lampard is marginally better than Sherwood.

Can see them sticking with him if they look like they're going down too. 

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Had to check when they actually signed him, Jan 2018 so four and a half year deal. He was signed by Big Sam who they obviously decided to move on three months later and none of the other managers fancied him and so he was stuck on the bench or just being loaned out.

That's a little worry for me tbh. Gerrard isn't our manager this time next year and next one in dosen't fancy Coutinho for whatever reason.

Coutinho in the same bracket as Tosun? You can’t really run a club thinking in advance that possibly the manager in charge might not be in charge 6 months later. 

If you're going to make a comparison then coutinho fits better with James Rodriguez or Allan

The worry wouldnt be that the next manager doesnt fancy working with coutinho it's the other way round 

But I don't think that will be the case, coutinho is a better fit to the league and knows it better than James and Gerrard ain't ancelotti 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe Brereton Diaz as an option?

They'll probably keep Calvert Lewin and sell Richarlison although in ideal world for them it will be other way around.

Will probably end up with Billy Gilmour as central midfield main signing, his stock has fallen a bit in last 12 months. They seem convinced on that forum Conor Gallagher is a realistic target for them, bit odd when he'll surely get a chance at Chelsea.

Yeah Brereton Diaz may be an option, I was thinking he would be too expensive but possibly both his and Blackburn's stock has fallen enough since January to make him affordable.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah Brereton Diaz may be an option, I was thinking he would be too expensive but possibly both his and Blackburn's stock has fallen enough since January to make him affordable.

I'm not convinced by him . One good season in his career. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For as much as the rags will try and sell them I'm not sure the market for Richarlison and especially DCL is that good

Richarlison will get a club stupid enough to sign him. DCL not so much, he didnt have a great season and is a bit one dimensional in his goals. He seems somebody who is enjoying more the off field side activities now

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For as much as the rags will try and sell them I'm not sure the market for Richarlison and especially DCL is that good

Spurs want Richarlison apparently. Not sure where he'd fit in though given Son will obviously start when fit and he isn't going to be a wing back for them so he'd surely go somewhere in which he'd start more often than not.

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs want Richarlison apparently. Not sure where he'd fit in though given Son will obviously start when fit and he isn't going to be a wing back for them so he'd surely go somewhere in which he'd start more often than not.

He'll be told to plug in the gaps Kane leaves when he drops to right back, left wing back, defensive mid, sweeper in a back three, ball boy, tea lady

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

According to the beeb Peter Kenyon is sniffing around trying to buy the club. I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes at that club. Wouldn't surprise if construction on the new ground will be 'paused' for a while.

With lange o'rouke building it I doubt it, they'd be better off setting fire to the money 

Â