dudevillaisnice

51 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Rafa heavily linked now. That will be a very brave move!

Brave or stupid. Went down the road of getting a top journeyman manager in Ancelotti. They would be better off going down the Villa route. Young and hungry!

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Brave or stupid. Went down the road of getting a top journeyman manager in Ancelotti. They would be better off going down the Villa route. Young and hungry!

Journeyman 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Journeyman 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Perhaps the wrong word but i mean a manager who moves from club to club and doesn't stick around. Klopp 3 clubs each one a step up and Pep three clubs. Benitez and Ancelotti although a bit older have had many clubs. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Perhaps the wrong word but i mean a manager who moves from club to club and doesn't stick around. Klopp 3 clubs each one a step up and Pep three clubs. Benitez and Ancelotti although a bit older have had many clubs. 

Ancelotti had won more Champions Leagues than both of them

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xela said:

Rafa edging towards the job

He's got thick skin, i'll give him that! 

Nah they're all mates and family up there, the hand holding Derby, no doubt great for the city or some such bullshit 

Stand by my opinion that he's deteriated as a manager with age, which is something that should be expected but its rarely accepted, living off his name and things he did a long time ago, not expecting them to do much more than they did this season under him and within 2 years they'll be on to someone else working with the never ending patch work quilt that is the Everton squad 

He's yesterday's man and will do a decent job...but no more decent  than a lot of managers could do.

Why piss off an entire fan base?

"Just imagine what this guy could do with a chairman that backed him" General Krulak on Mcleish.

It's amazing people getting involved in football that don't know have a single clue about it.

He will be run out of town in a season. Results or not his style of play will not turn around anyone's opinions on him.

The problem he'll have is when he goes 4-5 games without a win or they put in a really bad performance at Goodison. Their fans will revolt far quicker than we did with McLeish imo. Bit like when he was appointed Chelsea manager and they booed him at the first game.

That said I can see some logic. Everton is odd when you actually go through their 11, Digne was playing for France the other night, Richarlison starts every single game for Brazil. Calvert Lewin finally had a very good scoring season. When fully fit Allan is very decent so they do have good players in key positions but I dunno...mentality.

And their CBs are basically walking errors whatever combination of Holgate, Mina, Keane, Godfrey they put out. If they're o.k Pickford probably throws one in his own net.

If Benitez can give them more steel at the back which he tends to do at the clubs he manages then perhaps they could go up 2 places but really we should be looking to finish above them next season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Through, his human trumpet Balague, Rafa is spinning that he’s most closely connected to the city as whole, rather than one club. 

I think he is tbf. He still lives in Liverpool I think, or at least his family does. Think he has a lot of love for the City of Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think he is tbf. He still lives in Liverpool I think, or at least his family does. Think he has a lot of love for the City of Liverpool. 

I think most of the ire is from when he called Everton a "small club" after a game against them (about 15 years ago). Love for the city or not, it's difficult to spin that one.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Allegedly, a banner was placed close to Rafa’s home saying something like ‘we know where you live, do not sign’ 

So much for One City.

That is insane and i hope they find who was responsible 

• Like 1

Â