dudevillaisnice

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Going to be very interesting - swapping one conservative, defensive manager for another 

Not what i would call Ancelotti 😂 he used to play 3 playmakers, 2 strikers and a rampant Cafu in his Milan days

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Done deal, let the madness begin, Rafa must have very thick skin and he will need it.

He went to Chelsea when none of their fans wanted him there either.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He went to Chelsea when none of their fans wanted him there either.

I'm sure he will be fine but it will be chaotic from some. It's a good appointment for us I think, I doubt he will pull up any trees there, they are catchable. 

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not what i would call Ancelotti 😂 he used to play 3 playmakers, 2 strikers and a rampant Cafu in his Milan days

Talking more of his Everton days. Rafa has a lot of work to do

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

At Everton, if his name was Jose Mourinho he would have been getting pelters. Very conservative style. Though I suspect it had something to do with personnel, especially with James being injured for large parts of the season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

At Everton, if his name was Jose Mourinho he would have been getting pelters. Very conservative style. Though I suspect it had something to do with personnel, especially with James being injured for large parts of the season.

The players werent available. He brought on Andre Gomes vs us, one of the worst attacking players in the league 

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The players werent available. He brought on Andre Gomes vs us, one of the worst attacking players in the league 

Probably why he high-tailed it out of there at the first opportunity. That rebuild job is massive. The deadwood is also hard to shift given the massive fees and wages they were signed for. It's like us after MON. They have a decent spine to build around though, but how are you going to get rid of (and replace!) players like Andre Gomes, Iwobi, Bernard, Delph etc. Even Sigurdsson is getting on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Everton will be hard to beat with Rafa. They'll be solid if unspectacular.

First thing he will do is dump Pickford, yes he has had a decent tournament but still

They need better CBs. Keane, Mina and Holgate all walking errors and Godfrey's best performances came at RB.

Actually think rest of the team is pretty decent when they're all fit. It's more a mentality issue for them at key stages of the season.

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Gutted, Rafa is an excellent manager. Everton will be strong this season :(

Hopefully Everton fans can hound him out before he gets his feet under the table. 

I disagree... 

Rafa was an excellent manager, I think they'll be pretty much in the same position and we can definitley target overtaking them 

Â