dudevillaisnice

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Gray for £1.5m seems cheap. I actually think that’s a good deal. 

There was definitely a player in there at one point, but he's been sat on the shelf for a long time now. Think he'd be better off going somewhere where he'd get more game time.

• Like 1

They spent heavily over last few years and struggle to stay within FFP limits.

Free transfers while they trying to offload some high earning deadwood. Bernard for example, who hardly ever plays for them, is on 120k per week, same as grealish!

Edited by Czarnikjak

9 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Free transfers while they trying to offload some high earning deadwood. Bernard for example, who hardly ever plays for them, is on 120k per week, same as grealish!

Yep

now Gray and Townsend on 4 year deals and in 2 years time when the next manager comes in he won't want either of them 

Patchwork quilt of a team 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

WTF as if he walks around with a purse like that 😭

Just seen they are signing Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend for a combined fee of £1.5m

Rafa knows he’s no longer at Newcastle right?

Gray didn't last long in the Bundesliga if that's true. Townsend is just a part time football now so that would be very odd signing considering Everton got loads of average wide players like Iwobi and Bernard still in squad. Rafa did get some good form out of him in the 6 months he was at Newcastle but that was over 5 years ago now.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Park the sigurdsson rumours and talk about actual problems... 

FB_IMG_1626629523725.jpg

I have no problems with people being eccentric, but this guy got in the England squad ahead of Ollie Watkins…

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I have no problems with people being eccentric, but this guy got in the England squad ahead of Ollie Watkins…

Only for Southgate to then decide he doesn't want to play him, didn't even make 2 of the match day squads despite being the only back up striker 

If this guy makes the next squad Southgate is an absolute clown

Apparently they also want Dwight McNeil next from Burnley. Again I like him, for the right price it could be a smart signing for them. They aren’t flashy names but players that will improve the squad. I do agree with the earlier sentiment that they have signed some right dross in the past though and one does wonder if Rafa says bye bye if they are back in that mess again of players on long contracts with a manager that doesn’t want them.

8 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Apparently they also want Dwight McNeil next from Burnley. Again I like him, for the right price it could be a smart signing for them. They aren’t flashy names but players that will improve the squad. I do agree with the earlier sentiment that they have signed some right dross in the past though and one does wonder if Rafa says bye bye if they are back in that mess again of players on long contracts with a manager that doesn’t want them.

What is the right price though? Burnley will demand £40mil 

15 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

I know FFP doesn't cover stadium builds but the new ground will be another huge cost for them, no doubt over budget and over time as well.

Rafa seems a strange choice. Might have been more of a gamble but Eddie Howe would have been a good choice to give a young english coach a chance at a big club plus I think he was an evertonian as a kid.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Rafa seems a strange choice. Might have been more of a gamble but Eddie Howe would have been a good choice to give a young english coach a chance at a big club plus I think he was an evertonian as a kid.

Moshiri (Everton owner) said before appointing Ancelotti that they need a Hollywood manager. His attraction to big names explains this appointment 

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Dead club

Far from it.

In Moshiri and Usmanov they have very commited and very resourced owners. 

They just started construction of £600m 52k seater stadium.

Current reduction in spending on players it's not due to lack of commitment from the owners but due to over investment in last few years and pushing FFP limit. Once they remove some deadwood from wagebill they will be in position to makes some more expensive signings again.

Overall their owners appear to be just as ambitious and willing to invest as NSWE, but they struggled with execution so far. If they can improve their execution they will be fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Dead club.

This is their Alex Mcleish season.
Cutting the spending, signing absolute garbage on the basis they are cheap and will "do a job"

That's fighting talk . . . so do you think we'll finish comfortably above them then?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's fighting talk . . . so do you think we'll finish comfortably above them then?

i think unlike arsenal where i dont like the use of the word "should" that yeah i probably would for everton

i dont rate rafa, i think DCL's start to the season gave everton a false lofty position which they fell away from, i expect them to be an inconsistent mid table team due to their number of changes and how that squad has been assembled and as we grow more consistent in the next couple of years we should over take them

but if we dont i think its important to look at the context of what they did rather than just us and complain about it, maybe rafa will be great for them 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Dead club.

This is their Alex Mcleish season.
Cutting the spending, signing absolute garbage on the basis they are cheap and will "do a job"

Problem is that benitez knows how to get points, mcleish just played for 0-0 in every game. Everton will be top 8 this season. 

Â