dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Allegedly, a banner was placed close to Rafa’s home saying something like ‘we know where you live, do not sign’ 

So much for One City.

There was a video a few weeks back where an Everton fan confronted Klopp in the street and was calling him a Kopite c%%t.

All clubs have these scumbags unfortunately.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Scouse football fans have always been scummy, this doesn’t surprise me one bit. Look at the threats Gerrad got when linked to Chelsea.

Appalling banner and agree about scouse football fans. That banner could easily be from Liverpool or Everton fans as it's an appointment asking for trouble. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Appalling banner and agree about scouse football fans. That banner could easily be from Liverpool or Everton fans as it's an appointment asking for trouble. 

I wouldn’t put it past some of them to actually attack his house. I’d be hiring some security if I were him. 

Problem is they have to have a "name"

We've seen Spurs fail over and over. 

I don't understand why more teams don't do like us and go get a young upcoming manager from a lower league. 

Instead it's pay an expensive name whose already been sacked before by several big clubs. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't understand why more teams don't do like us and go get a young upcoming manager from a lower league. 

Instead it's pay an expensive name whose already been sacked before by several big clubs. 

I’m a huge Dean Smith fan and his appointment has proven to be a big success, but I wonder if we were a PL team at the time, and Dean wasn’t a Villa fan, how most of us would have reacted to appointing the Brentford manager? 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m a huge Dean Smith fan and his appointment has proven to be a big success, but I wonder if we were a PL team at the time, and Dean wasn’t a Villa fan, how most of us would have reacted to appointing the Brentford manager? 

Well his teams did keep playing us off the park.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yeah there is truth in this. But Brentford played us off the park each time we came up against them with style and commitment, which is something we had lacked since... well MON, so that also had a fair bit to do with it. Only this time it was clear this manager was on the way up instead of on the way down.

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Because those teams aren't 16th in The Championship. 

16 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Because those teams aren't 16th in The Championship. 

I don't care.  I would rather appoint someone who has spent his career winning and moving up leagues/clubs than another humdrum merry-go-round "name" who probably had one successful stint somewhere then has just moved on from club to club being sacked every couple of years.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I don't care.  I would rather appoint someone who has spent his career winning and moving up leagues/clubs than another humdrum merry-go-round "name" who probably had one successful stint somewhere then has just moved on from club to club being sacked every couple of years.

What had Deano won when Villa appointed him?

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

What had Deano won when Villa appointed him?

Winning matches I meant, mainly winning more than losing and being succesfull.

Look, you don't agree....fine.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Winning matches I meant, mainly winning more than losing and being succesfull.

Look, you don't agree....fine.

Hahaha okay mate. That was very abrupt. I don't disagree, I would absolutely do what Villa did. I just don't think Villa, or any other Premier League team would do what you are advocating when in the Premier League and competing at the higher end. 

Have a lovely day. 

11 hours ago, av1 said:

In all fairness, what fans think is irrelevant. If the board see merit in doing this, then that's all that matters.

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

In all fairness, what fans think is irrelevant. If the board see merit in doing this, then that's all that matters.

Agreed, it was just a question based on the idea of appointing young and hungry lower league managers. For every Smith or Moyes you have a Ian Holloway or Phil Brown. 

For a team with Everton’s level of investment/ambition it’s much less of a gamble to go with someone proven at that level. 

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I thought Liverpool and Everton kind of liked each other?  The friendly derby and Scouse not English etc

Having grown up around it, I think they do, unless it is Derby day, and depending on the controversy, the days following. I'd say there was more resentment held from Everton, but this could be explained by the team being inferior for a longer period of time. I'd say for the majority it is jovial banter. I always found that Liverpool fans had better disposition, and where I grew up, many had a soft spot for Aston Villa around that time which probably helped form this opinion. There is good and bad in all walks of life though, and I disagree with the 'scouse' football fans comment above, thus, we should not generalise. Plus, I am a scouse football fan, I just support Aston Villa😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/06/2021 at 17:08, Villaphan04 said:

That is insane and i hope they find who was responsible 

No excuse for stuff like this, but I can understand why Everton fans are unhappy. Benitez doesn't want the Everton job, he just wants a job on Merseyside, and we all know there's another job on Merseyside that he'd much prefer.

Must be infuriating for their fans, constantly throwing money at it but seemingly always making the wrong decisions.

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Like 1

Â