dudevillaisnice

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not really. They have been slowly and too slowly at that eradicated from the Premier League

The second sentence is an opinion (I don't agree, but it's a valid opinion), but the first is an incorrect factual claim. Clearly there *is* a place for Dyche, that's why he's employed. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The second sentence is an opinion (I don't agree, but it's a valid opinion), but the first is an incorrect factual claim. Clearly there *is* a place for Dyche, that's why he's employed. 

Would say Dyche is the last survivor. Wilder just got the jump as a hit and hope

Even managers coming up arent in that style. Might get odd Bruce/Big Sam hire but its pretty much dead in the past

Howe, O'Neill, Edwards, Frank, Moyes and even Iraola, all have their teams playing a style of football not too dissimilar to Dyche, could probably add Nuno to those as well. If Southy gets a PL job he will be another in that vein.

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

uh oh, trouble in paradise.

They are bunch of crooks. But tbh, if you follow that saga, it was pretty obvious for months now that 777 will never be allowed to take over Everton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

They are bunch of crooks. But tbh, if you follow that saga, it was pretty obvious for months now that 777 will never be allowed to take over Everton.

yep, that's why i'm a bit surprised it took this long for something like that to come out. But, I think this really puts Everton in a pickle

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

yep, that's why i'm a bit surprised it took this long for something like that to come out. But, I think this really puts Everton in a pickle

Reading reputable Everton sources, there is another buyer (who actually has the money) ready to step in as soon as the 777 house of cards dissappears from the Everton picture (it will happen very soon now).

Edited by Czarnikjak

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

In the PL era Everton have had more patches, than us, of being crap yet we managed to get relegated whereas they always fluke survival.

It's because they always do the right thing. It took a lot for us to be relegated, no investment for years (remember everyone excited at potentially signing Houlihan for £1 million), and god awful ownership and direction at CEO level, terrible recruitment of management staff, using the club as a proving ground for new managers. The academy seemed to dry up between 2008-2014 bar Grealish who was too young, keeping poisonous, useless freeloaders like Gabby around for way too long. And it took years of this to come to a head.

Eventually it took selling the whole spine of the team, Vlaar Delph Benteke and replacing them with League One standard players or French youngsters who couldn't integrate that got us relegated.

Everton always seem to keep their players as much as possible to limit disruption, make largely logical management recruitments, and get a bit of luck. If they sold DCL, Pickford and Onana and gave Zola the job they'd be in the same boat as we were.

Edited by VillaJ100

On 04/05/2024 at 17:10, Czarnikjak said:

Reading reputable Everton sources, there is another buyer (who actually has the money) ready to step in as soon as the 777 house of cards dissappears from the Everton picture (it will happen very soon now).

from what I read though, 777 has already loaned Everton money (over $200m) to stay afloat which then I think makes things more complicated. (though 777 are not the only company to loan Everton money -- MSP did and if there's a default in the payment, they take over a majority of the club (this is what I've seen banded about). 

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

from what I read though, 777 has already loaned Everton money (over $200m) to stay afloat which then I think makes things more complicated. (though 777 are not the only company to loan Everton money -- MSP did and if there's a default in the payment, they take over a majority of the club (this is what I've seen banded about). 

Yes, although worth pointing out 777 debt is not secured against anything, so they're at the back of the queue.

But if someone new stepped in, they would have to pay 777 back (eventually, nobody knows when these loans are due).

Don't know how that would work out if 777 collapsed beforehand though.

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Yes, although worth pointing out 777 debt is not secured against anything, so they're at the back of the queue.

But if someone new stepped in, they would have to pay 777 back (eventually, nobody knows when these loans are due).

Probably shouldn't matter. They always say if your bank collapses you still have to pay your mortgage which seems a bit of a con

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Someone will buy the debt for pennies in the pound, or potentially Everton could negotiate a pennies in the pound settlement to the administrators/liquidators (if they have the money to do so).

On 07/05/2024 at 13:03, TheStagMan said:

Someone will buy the debt for pennies in the pound, or potentially Everton could negotiate a pennies in the pound settlement to the administrators/liquidators (if they have the money to do so).

I would have thought administration is almost inevitable now and any of the good players (I can only thing of the young centre half) will be sold off as quick as possible to pay off at least some of this crazy debt they have racked up before someone can buy them on the cheap. Also begs the question if someone buys them out of administration they could end up with a bunch just as bad or maybe worse than this 777 shambles 

I just can't understand why some billionaire isn't interested in buying them. With the news stadium they should be a tidy investment. 

Admittedly I’ve not taken the time to try and read up in detail but I really don’t get this deal with 777.

777 have not completed a takeover and yet have already put £200M+ into the club, effectively propping them up and helping them to avoid administration. Now I can’t see how a group with so much ongoing controversy could possibly pass a fit and proper owners’ test, so is this supposed drawn out process just a back alley way of circumventing all that?

Seems dodgy as heck to me.

• Like 1

If they really think administration is the only way out, they need to enter it now, before the season ends.

They are more than 9 points clear of relegation zone so no danger taking these 9 points now.

777 have no money. They are in process of being taken to court for a 80 million unpaid debt.

They are a middle man, who secure finance. Even the 200 million they have put into Everton is not actually there money. 

If they get to buy Everton, it'll be one of the biggest scandals the Prem have ever pulled off.  Brown envelops to every senior to make it happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

If they really think administration is the only way out, they need to enter it now, before the season ends.

They are more than 9 points clear of relegation zone so no danger taking these 9 points now.

There's suggestions that MSP who are owed about £160m are possibly interested in taking over Everton with others so administration might be avoided but I'm with you, if you have to go into it then do so this year when it won't lead to a relegation 

Â