dudevillaisnice

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I thought it was Potter? Would be an interesting one that and I'd wonder if Howe would go to Brighton if that were the case. Both of those moves would be really interesting. Could both go horribly wrong or very right with the foundations each club has. (But similarly some big talent could push for a move out of both clubs)

Eddie Howe I cant really see getting a big job, I think his stock is not as high as some people lead you to believe

He might end up a Curbishley and struggle with his next move and find it difficult to get another gig

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Eddie Howe I cant really see getting a big job, I think his stock is not as high as some people lead you to believe

He might end up a Curbishley and struggle with his next move and find it difficult to get another gig

Is Brighton a big job? They had some solid foundations, deserved more goals than they got and had a decent defensive record but finished two places off of relegation. That's exactly where I'd see Howes level. If he can not ruin the defence he'd have a chance to improve on what he achieved with Bournemouth (in the Prem, rather than total as he achieved a hell of a lot there from when he took over)

On 08/06/2021 at 22:57, Zatman said:

And linked to us for the next 20 years like Curbishley was?

He would have been a great fit for Palace he is not a great fit for Everton and they are going to hate his football.

Everton board have a lot of money but don't seem to make the right decisions which is why they have stagnated despite good investment.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

He would have been a great fit for Palace he is not a great fit for Everton and they are going to hate his football.

Everton board have a lot of money but don't seem to make the right decisions which is why they have stagnated despite good investment.

I realise I don't know too much about the Everton setup besides the fact they've had plans for a new stadium approved recently.

Aside from seemingly not picking particularly great managers, what have our owners done differently to theirs? It seems like both are willing to write big cheques, but as a club they've not really progressed much from where they were before Moyes went to United from what I can see.

12 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I realise I don't know too much about the Everton setup besides the fact they've had plans for a new stadium approved recently.

Aside from seemingly not picking particularly great managers, what have our owners done differently to theirs? It seems like both are willing to write big cheques, but as a club they've not really progressed much from where they were before Moyes went to United from what I can see.

Our owners seem to have some plans at least and have football people on board. Everton wasted so much money on duds on and off the pitch and they havent progressed anywhere. Our owners have also rebuild our academy to be one of the best in England 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Our owners seem to have some plans at least and have football people on board. Everton wasted so much money on duds on and off the pitch and they havent progressed anywhere. Our owners have also rebuild our academy to be one of the best in England 

I don't know for sure but they seem to have put all their eggs in the stadium basket, it's no doubt mean a massive project and struggle but it's like they were convinced that the stadium was the final piece of the jigsaw whilst they were stood staring at all the pieces still in the bag 

8 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I would just add the overall lack of planning from top to bottom. Appointing Marcel Brands but him having no input on hiring process or having any real decent link with the management team. (See Brentford) are masters of this. 

Hired short term solution Ancelotti made next to no impact and has already packed his bags.

Their recruitment has been poor up until last summer. I thought Allan, Godfrey and Doucoure were good signings but:-

30m for Iwobi

25m for Moise Kean (may get this back though)

20m for Andre Gomes

Going back further they just released over 60m pounds worth of signings for no return such as Walcott and Bolasie.

As Zatman also mentions their academy which has provided a great pathway over the years for players has been neglected. 

Its harsh but they've had so much investment yet so little return.

• Like 2

Think people are being a tad harsh on Nuno. He had a really good run at wolves, the problems last season went a bit deeper than the manager. He’s definitely earned a shot at a bigger club based on how far he took wolves imo. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Think people are being a tad harsh on Nuno. He had a really good run at wolves, the problems last season went a bit deeper than the manager. He’s definitely earned a shot at a bigger club based on how far he took wolves imo. 

I don't think many are saying he's a bad manager or done poorly. I think he was unlucky last season with injuries. It's more the expectations of Everton fans and the style of football they now expect. Unless he changes his managerial style massively it's going to be difficult for him to win them over without immediate results. 

If he went to Palace they have a very similar playing style currently to what he had at Wolves and the expectation would have been much lower even if they'd have had a large overhaul of personnel. 

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

I don't think many are saying he's a bad manager or done poorly. I think he was unlucky last season with injuries. It's more the expectations of Everton fans and the style of football they now expect. Unless he changes his managerial style massively it's going to be difficult for him to win them over without immediate results. 

If he went to Palace they have a very similar playing style currently to what he had at Wolves and the expectation would have been much lower even if they'd have had a large overhaul of personnel. 

I get that based on last season but for me personally the season prior Wolves were one of the more exciting teams to watch in the Prem.

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I get that based on last season but for me personally the season prior Wolves were one of the more exciting teams to watch in the Prem.

where they that exciting? they always put it up to the big teams and had pace on the counter but the goal difference record doesnt show they were so exciting

It's always seemed like Everton were the team that wanted to make themselves a part of the "scum six" and just splashed the cash on other team's best players no matter how they fit into their system. But they just didn't have and still don't have the right structure in place. No long term appointments. 

• Like 2

Â