dudevillaisnice

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’d hope Villa can now overtake Everton long-term in that chasing pack in the league.

Worth noting that Everton have spent 100s of millions, have a ridiculously high wage bill and it hasn't got them far. 

Building a team is hopefully the way forward. 

On 03/06/2021 at 15:16, pas5898 said:

Worth noting that Everton have spent 100s of millions, have a ridiculously high wage bill and it hasn't got them far. 

Building a team is hopefully the way forward. 

They spent over £40 million on Walcott and Bolasie and have just released both of them today. Whoops.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

They spent over £40 million on Walcott and Bolasie and have just released both of them today. Whoops.

Even more on Iwobi and Kean. They might get some value back on the latter

• Like 1

On 03/06/2021 at 16:26, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Undefeated against them in the 4 games since coming back up. Think we equalled the head to head in doing so too. Time to pull clear next season 👌

I think the last 0-0 left us one short still - we've won 75 to their 76

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everton are probably the most similar team to us in the division. They're a little further along in terms of where they are in their progression, they have a new stadium coming and they've finished above us - but we're similar in a lot of ways, traditional good sized clubs that have lots of new money and are trying to chase down the pack.

I think there's a warning to us as to how hard that task is - they started in a much better place than we did, they've invested huge amounts and they're still a distance from the top five or six clubs. 

I like Everton, I wish them well, we're both trying to do a very difficult thing.

Well yes and no. Everton did start in a better place than us but we have nearly catched up with them in 2 seasons.

Everton do have a fantastic new stadium in the pipeline- but is going to cost £500 million. We might possibly expand Villa Park for a similar capacity for about a fifth of that.

Everton are a well supported club in Liverpool and North Wales, but they are always going to be the 4th biggest club in the North West behind Liverpool and the 2 Manchester clubs.

We have nobody near our potential support base for miles around.

That's why Villa have always been a interesting purchase for anybody wanting to buy a largish club with huge potential. However I could have said this 15 years ago and didn't exactly go to plan. But I think the management at Villa this time is the real deal.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well yes and no. Everton did start in a better place than us but we have nearly catched up with them in 2 seasons.

Everton do have a fantastic new stadium in the pipeline- but is going to cost £500 million. We might possibly expand Villa Park for a similar capacity for about a fifth of that.

Everton are a well supported club in Liverpool and North Wales, but they are always going to be the 4th biggest club in the North West behind Liverpool and the 2 Manchester clubs.

We have nobody near our potential support base for miles around.

That's why Villa have always been a interesting purchase for anybody wanting to buy a largish club with huge potential. However I could have said this 15 years ago and didn't exactly go to plan. But I think the management at Villa this time is the real deal.

Yes quite true but its a bit annoying  that we are on a par or just below the 4th biggest club in the North West of England when we are the 2nd City's biggest club by far. We have punched below our weight for far too long. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Do they have a DOF? Some strange signings

Marcel Brands, since 2018

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Looking at forums, youtube etc the Evertonians seem appalled by the idea of Edward Howe, and demands another high profile coach. 

I think a high profile coach will be their inevitable down fall , can see them spending millions to get Sarri in and him leaving within 1-2 season he hates England,  Howe on the other hands is also a disaster waiting to happen big egos won’t play for him

• Like 1

I thought it was Potter? Would be an interesting one that and I'd wonder if Howe would go to Brighton if that were the case. Both of those moves would be really interesting. Could both go horribly wrong or very right with the foundations each club has. (But similarly some big talent could push for a move out of both clubs)

Â