dudevillaisnice

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Everton with all that recent success shoyld be happy when Eddie Howe or Philip Cocu turns up

If Eddie Howe gets over his home sickness then he would be a brilliant choice. Not saying Ancelotti isnt a good manager but hes not a manager  that will stick around long enough to finish a job. 

Edited by PaulC

Just now, PaulC said:

If Eddie Howe gets over his home sickness then he would be a brilliant choice. Not saying Ancelotti isnt a good manager but hes not a manager  that will stick around long enough to finish a job. 

Eddie Howe relegated last season, didnt rate Tyrone Mings when he continually had a shit defence and gave Liverpool 50 million for shit players 

Great replacement than a winner like Carlo

• Like 1

Think they'll end up with someone like Paulo Fonseca. Don't think their fanbase would be happy getting in underwhelming domestic choice.

Their strategy has really failed now hasn't it, you'd think James Rodriguez will want to shoot off to MLS now and can't see Allan wanting to hang round much given Ancelotti was only reason he left Napoli so will be more rebuilding with their first 11 over next two seasons.

Think one good thing for new manager is it's not like they finished 6th or 7th so still a chance to do a good job with what's left and improve on this season.

7 hours ago, useless said:

Alan Nixon saying that Palace are trying to get him.

I thought one of the reasons he left Wolves was to spend more time with his family in Portugal so was expecting him to rock up somewhere in La Liga or even Benfica.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Eddie Howe relegated last season, didnt rate Tyrone Mings when he continually had a shit defence and gave Liverpool 50 million for shit players 

Great replacement than a winner like Carlo

Come on he took a tiny club like Bournemouth into the Premier League for the first time and kept them there a few years

• Like 2

Everton got a little lucky here. Carlo should have had his head on the chopping block for their lack of results last season. Free dismissal and keep in Madrid's good books for potential future loans etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think they'll end up with someone like Paulo Fonseca. Don't think their fanbase would be happy getting in underwhelming domestic choice.

Their strategy has really failed now hasn't it, you'd think James Rodriguez will want to shoot off to MLS now and can't see Allan wanting to hang round much given Ancelotti was only reason he left Napoli so will be more rebuilding with their first 11 over next two seasons.

Think one good thing for new manager is it's not like they finished 6th or 7th so still a chance to do a good job with what's left and improve on this season.

There season was a bit like ours but their home form was terrible and they fell away so badly at the end of the season unlike us. its obvious the players wern't performing for Ancelotti by the end and 5-0 against City last game. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Literally the most pointless football club in the UK the past decade.

I actually think they're the most frustrating club to support in the prem.

O.k Newcastle isn't great fun either but aside from Bruce they've given up even attempting to finish top half while Ashley remains in charge and make no apologies whereas Everton blow 100m every season to try to finish top 6 and are miles short each time.

Haven't even had the feeling of rising nicely up the league pyramid again and proper on the way back feeling we've had in last few years. Also played in I think one cup final since mid 90s, we've actually played in four I think.

Just plodding along with average league finishes which we were doing late 90s and first half of the 2000s (they had a decent side under Moyes in fairness in late part of the 2000s).

There is a lot of very expensive talent at Everton  who thought they were going to be working with Ancelotti. 

Everton will get someone like Rafa I imagine. Cant see them taking a punt on an unproven manager (ie: someone who hasnt won titles at the top level). 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I actually think they're the most frustrating club to support in the prem.

O.k Newcastle isn't great fun either but aside from Bruce they've given up even attempting to finish top half while Ashley remains in charge and make no apologies whereas Everton blow 100m every season to try to finish top 6 and are miles short each time.

Haven't even had the feeling of rising nicely up the league pyramid again and proper on the way back feeling we've had in last few years. Also played in I think one cup final since mid 90s, we've actually played in four I think.

Just plodding along with average league finishes which we were doing late 90s and first half of the 2000s (they had a decent side under Moyes in fairness in late part of the 2000s).

The last really good side they had was when Howard Kendall was manager. Decent side under Moyes though. 

Looking on their forum 'Grand Old Team' it seems most Everton fans are gutted that he's gone, they're desperate to win something and had been through so many managers from the usual supsects from the managerial merry go round, to the so called next big thing without success, that they'd been craving an aready established big name and finally got that with Ancelotti, now that he's gone they're talking about Conte, Simeone, Ten Hag and so on... They're even turning their noses up at Nuno... although there seems to be a number of them that would take Moyes back.

As for Howe, I don't think Everton fans would allow that to happen, for some reason they seem to hate him for reason's beyond football, I think it's something to do with him being a 'Tory', maybe more to it, they were desperate to send Bournemouth down on the last day of last season because of him.

Nuno I think wanted a break as hasn't been able to see his family in Portugal, but if the right opportunity came along he might think it's too big of a chance to turn down.

Just now, PaulC said:

There season was a bit like ours but their home form was terrible and they fell away so badly at the end of the season unlike us. its obvious the players wern't performing for Ancelotti by the end and 5-0 against City last game. 

They always have weird mentality issues to me. For some reason the Liverpool games seem to really define what they do season in season out. They were actually doing o.k one of the seasons under Marco Silva, lost at Liverpool last minute when Pickford should've tipped it over the bar and from that point they were wretched for three months. Then drew 0-0 with Liverpool at Goodison and had a good end to the season.

This was the table after they won 2-0 at Anfield for first win there since 1999:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56033685

Being 8 points clear of Leeds and finishing below then is a bit of a shocker. Were only 2 points off West Ham at the time so that's the frustration from their POV, West Ham kicked on and they couldn't and Ancelotti and a few players who've been at top level were suppposed to change that but just fizzled out like under all the other managers.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Looking on their forum 'Grand Old Team' it seems most Everton fans are gutted that he's gone, they're desperate to win something and had been through so many managers from the usual supsects from the managerial merry go round, to the so called next big thing without success, that they'd been craving an aready established big name and finally got that with Ancelotti, now that he's gone they're talking about Conte, Simeone, Ten Hag and so on... They're even turning their noses up at Nuno... although there seems to be a number of them that would take Moyes back.

As for Howe, I don't think Everton fans would allow that to happen, for some reason they seem to hate him for reason's beyond football, I think it's something to do with him being a 'Tory', maybe more to it, they were desperate to send Bournemouth down on the last day of last season because of him.

Nuno I think wanted a break as hasn't been able to see his family in Portugal, but if the right opportunity came along he might think it's too big of a chance to turn down.

Yes big names are not always the right way to go. I'm more than happy with Dean Smith who wasn't a big name. They need someone thats going to stick around and build the club properly. 

Everton have had managers that were meant to be long term with a view to them building the club up, like Martinez, Koeman, and Silva. We're happy with Smith because midtable in the premier league is a good position relative to where we were, Everton fans on the other hand won't be happy with midtable, which is why they want a big name and turning their noses up at the likes of Howe, Nuno, Potter and so on, because they see them as midtable mangers, they've had enough of being a midtable club.

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Come on he took a tiny club like Bournemouth into the Premier League for the first time and kept them there a few years

They broke a lot of financial rules on the way 

23 minutes ago, useless said:

they were desperate to send Bournemouth down on the last day of last season because of him.

So desperate that they lost

That sounds like Everton all over :) 

Seemed like a loveless marriage at the start, ,never felt right. As soon as a bigger club showed  a bit of leg he was off.  At the time everyone said the Arsenal and Everton appointments where the wrong way around.

Everton fans seem to be changing their mind on Moyes. A lot of them didn't rate him even when he was at Everton. Now he has had one good season in about the last 10 they want him back. They need a young and upcoming manager prepared to put some groundwork in-provided they don't sack them in 18 months time. Will be 6 full time managers in the last 8 years, before that 4 in the last 19.

Â