dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Far from it.

In Moshiri and Usmanov they have very commited and very resourced owners. 

They just started construction of £600m 52k seater stadium.

Current reduction in spending on players it's not due to lack of commitment from the owners but due to over investment in last few years and pushing FFP limit. Once they remove some deadwood from wagebill they will be in position to makes some more expensive signings again.

Overall their owners appear to be just as ambitious and willing to invest as NSWE, but they struggled with execution so far. If they can improve their execution they will be fine.

They've gotten nowhere, not even remotely close to being competitive amongst the top spots. A ridiculous net spend balanced out by 1 or 2 record sales (of which there will be no more of due to their horrific business)

No businessman keeps pumping in £100m every year for no return, monetary or of the romantically nourishing variety.

Hiring Benitez says it all.

I don't think they will "go again" stadium spend or not. That's an investment.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Far from it.

In Moshiri and Usmanov they have very commited and very resourced owners. 

They just started construction of £600m 52k seater stadium.

Current reduction in spending on players it's not due to lack of commitment from the owners but due to over investment in last few years and pushing FFP limit. Once they remove some deadwood from wagebill they will be in position to makes some more expensive signings again.

Overall their owners appear to be just as ambitious and willing to invest as NSWE, but they struggled with execution so far. If they can improve their execution they will be fine.

That's it I'd rather have our owners and ceo than their lot.

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They've gotten nowhere, not even remotely close to being competitive amongst the top spots. A ridiculous net spend balanced out by 1 or 2 record sales (of which there will be no more of due to their horrific business)

No businessman keeps pumping in £100m every year for no return, monetary or of the romantically nourishing variety.

Hiring Benitez says it all.

I don't think they will "go again" stadium spend or not. That's an investment.

Yes they've gotten nowhere so far, but not for lack of trying. 

To call them "Dead Club" while they investing in new stadium is ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Yes they've gotten nowhere so far, but not for lack of trying. 

To call them "Dead Club" while they investing in new stadium is ridiculous.

They've spent about £400m and their average position is about 10th.

So they will have a lovely souless stadium likes Spurs and Arsenal, it wont make much difference to the fans after a few games.

Everything about the club reeks of staleness and apathy. I've seen it before.

• Like 2

Stale is the right word 

The other thing is the media needs to stop this nonsense about them being right up there every summer, they got Carlos and James they'll be right up there, they've got Rafa they'll be right up there, they'll get the new stadium and be right up there 

No they wont

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Potentially Gylfi Sigurdsson as mentioned already considering the rumours earlier this week

Has to be him I guess?  Timeline and rumours seems to match up.

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This is their Alex Mcleish season.
Cutting the spending, signing absolute garbage on the basis they are cheap and will "do a job"

I agree.

Andros Townsend and Damarai Gray, combined with the ageing shite they already have in their team with players like Delph etc.

Not the best time to be an Everton fan.

A Premier League footballer has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences.

The 31-year-old man, who has not been named for legal reasons, was detained on Friday by Greater Manchester Police.

BBC article quotes part of the Everton statement. 

2 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

It's pretty awful if you put a players name through the dirt without any proof.

It's the country we live in though combined with the media mindset.

I recall the same thing happening to Cliff Richard.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's the country we live in though combined with the media mindset.

I recall the same thing happening to Cliff Richard.

Agreed. Even if the player in question is found to be innocent (which I sincerely hope he is) this is the sort of thing that will stay with you forever unfortunately. 

34 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I don't think it's a good idea to start throwing around names speculatively. It could cause a lot of harm.

Indeed, people have been arrested for doing so with regards to previous cases thanks to posts on Twitter and other social media and I really think posts suggesting possible names in this thread should be deleted as well. 

• Like 2

Â